What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
That Peats interview was at 4.15 and he wasn't aware yet the media reports started just after lunchtime.

Not convinced at this stage.

Bazal

Post Whore
While I agree that Peats would be a massive loss and should not be moved on, we have heard it from James Hooper. That's it. Last week he said Semi was gone. The other sources thus far are a radio station being sued by Foz for falsifying bullshit, and a ninemsn article that reads "I've been asked to leave" from Peats saying "I've had a chat to a few people...."

Basically, I'll believe it when it happens and not before.

Suitman

Post Whore
While I agree that Peats would be a massive loss and should not be moved on, we have heard it from James Hooper. That's it. Last week he said Semi was gone. The other sources thus far are a radio station being sued by Foz for falsifying bullshit, and a ninemsn article that reads "I've been asked to leave" from Peats saying "I've had a chat to a few people...."

Basically, I'll believe it when it happens and not before.

Not even 2GB 6 pm news said he was leaving.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He has plenty of times. It's us fans who keep voting these dills in.
What he hasn't said is what is the alternative?
Its all Leagues clubs fault, they promote alcohol and gambling :lol:

It's the reason why we can't get any decent sponsors apparently and the reason the club has to cheat.

Honestly he defends anything this club or board does, but he is happy to bag the shit out of the members and fanbase. Anything for an arguement.

Suitman

Post Whore
why isn't your board fronting the media instead of a player who is getting sold out. The guy hasn't even been told what is going on. Instead of whinging about the NRL look closer to your board

Couldn't agree more.
I cannot believe that any of our players were forced to front the NRL this week. If they didn't need to be, they should be no where near a microphone or tv camera.
Sending Peats out there today was nothing short of a disgrace. The line of questioning from the media vultures was appalling. A young footballer not educated in these matters struggled.
I don't care whether we have contractual obligations with the NRL or not. He should not have been at that press conference.

Suity

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
We're not here to pick up someone who we don't think will be valuable with the club moving forward," Henry said.

"It could be a key position, it could be an outside back, it could be a front-rower, it could be a hooker, who knows.

"We need to make the decisions based on what's best for the club moving forward and the current roster that we've got.

"We do have a spot in our salary cap but it's whether or not we want to use a spot on a hooker given the number of hookers we've got at the club.

http://m.nrl.com/titans-wont-be-pressured-into-peats-pick-up/tabid/10874/newsid/95761/default.aspx

Comments from Neil Henry

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Couldn't agree more.
I cannot believe that any of our players were forced to front the NRL this week. If they didn't need to be, they should be no where near a microphone or tv camera.
Sending Peats out there today was nothing short of a disgrace. The line of questioning from the media vultures was appalling. A young footballer not educated in these matters struggled.
I don't care whether we have contractual obligations with the NRL or not. He should not have been at that press conference.

Suity
Well said mate.

If he is gone I wish him well. I believe it's the right thing to do but I like the guy and think he's been very good for us. Particularly pre acl. And his attitude is great. Impossible not to like the guy.

Noise

Coach
Peats cousin seems to think it is a done deal and seemed pretty upset on facebook. Those that think it is media bullshit are probably those that thought the media were bull shitting about our massive penalty too.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
how can they front the media if they have been stood down from official duties ?

emjaycee

Coach
Losing our best dummy half will just be another dumb decision in a long line of dumb decisions by a club that has cornered the market in stupidity.

But you keep dreaming that the NRL will allow us to play for points.

You do realise it was BA's decision don't you?
From what I understand Peats wasn't in BA's plans for next year, so if none of the salary cap issues had arisen and BA decided not to renew Peats for 2017 would it be another dumb decision in a long line of dumb decisions?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I'm pretty sure there are 4 other board members that are still there

yeh but also pretty sure they were not the ones to which the other posters were referring

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure there are 4 other board members that are still there

They are all gutless. They get us into this mess and then it's up to BA and the players to pick up the pieces and front the media. Absolute disgraceful management.

ElDicko where are your friends ?

#goodgovernance

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You do realise it was BA's decision don't you?
From what I understand Peats wasn't in BA's plans for next year, so if none of the salary cap issues had arisen and BA decided not to renew Peats for 2017 would it be another dumb decision in a long line of dumb decisions?
Well if he thinks Kaysa, King or IDG are good enough for next year I'll have to question his decision making. Kaysa and King have shown SFA in first grade expect injury and IDG isn't getting younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts