What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chipmunk

Coach
It hasn't worked for a long time which is why privatisation may be the answer, if for nothing more than getting the factionalised f**kwits out of the way. Can only hope none of them end up buying the club.

Why would private ownership stop the factions leaking stuff to the media?

Do you honestly believe that if we had a private owner that the current factions would just run away and never bother us again???

ash411

Bench
And you whinging about the whinging is getting us nowhere either ;-)

It's Pou, he drags you in and never lets you go :crazy:

Then stop, and I won't have to.

Nothing to do with Pou, you've been crowing since before he chucked in.

ash411

Bench

Do you honestly believe that if we had a private owner that the current factions would just run away and never bother us again???

There'd be no reason to. The factions leak crap to the media now in hopes of destroying member confidence in the current regime, with the hopes of getting themselves back in, as futile as that might be.

Private ownership means no more elections, and if they can't be elected back in, there's no chance of regaining power, that door is forever closed.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well that doesn't mean we legally couldn't do it. It's circumstances, not legality.

Agreed. But those circumstances just don't seem to exist for us. Is it something the board is able to manufacture? Having wealthy patrons offer cushy endorsement contracts to our players for nothing in return from the club?

Like I said, if we could we would have.

Bazal

Post Whore
Oh, ok.

It is not automatic that a breach of an employment contract can allow the employer to terminate. The circumstances and extent of the breach matter. If we fired him for this, there's a good chance it would be overturned in court.

Isn't he already on notice for the road rage thing? No reason we couldn't legally sack him for another incident given he's on thin ice already.

Personally I would sack him and keep Peats. He's already gone for next year, he's proving to be a very dumb player and he's always one brain explosion away from 5+ weeks on the sideline anyway. Surely Sticky would be interested in Junior and a back up three quarter, the Raiders are light in the backs at the moment and have room

Chipmunk

Coach
There'd be no reason to. The factions leak crap to the media now in hopes of destroying member confidence in the current regime, with the hopes of getting themselves back in, as futile as that might be.

Private ownership means no more elections, and if they can't be elected back in, there's no chance of regaining power, that door is forever closed.

Well you keep believing that they will just walk away...I'm sure it will work out fine in the end.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It hasn't worked for a long time which is why privatisation may be the answer, if for nothing more than getting the factionalised f**kwits out of the way. Can only hope none of them end up buying the club.

Why would it matter? If they buy the club they don't have to deal with leagues club politics any more.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

They would have nothing to gain (other than spoiling) and would also have far less access.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

That's right. He's just a f**kwit troll laughing at our misfortune. Just like him I was pissed off when the death riders crowed about our failure under Spagnolo, but the merkin needs to grow up and let it go, rather than perpetuating the bullshit. Same with the rest of them. How many of the people supporting the current board will turn into death riders when the next board comes in? History says plenty will. And the circle of failure continues.

Kornstar

Coach
Why not just end the cycle? "oh I just said this cause he said that"...

At the moment, I'm holding the board responsible, that's what makes sense right now, but until the full story comes out, I'm open to having my mind changed, the story seems to change every day, it's a moving target right now.

Either way, regardless of what comes out, the main root cause of our problems for the last decade has been factional in-fighting. Until that garbage stops and we truly unify, the club as a whole can't move forward.

The board deserve a good portion of the blame as well, however, the pressure they must have felt to get the club moving in the right direction and constant white-anting couldn't have been easy.

I butted in because I'm sick of the neener neener crap that I have read over the past week. The gloating and self righteous "I was right all along" is just vulgar given our situation.

You're entitled to your opinion of course, but there's such a thing as being a bad winner. you know what I mean?

This has been going on since 2008

Great post

Agreed

And you whinging about the whinging is getting us nowhere either ;-)

It's Pou, he drags you in and never lets you go :crazy:

And around we go again. This is the standard response when you mention someone else whinging.

ash411

Bench
No existing previous NSWRL club has complete 100% private ownership. I doubt any membership base of the Parra club would ever allow it either.

I never said that either. I doubt it would happen as well.

Anything else you want to argue about? Here's one, the sky is red, go.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No existing previous NSWRL club has complete 100% private ownership. I doubt any membership base of the Parra club would ever allow it either.

Neither do I. It will take a loss of our NRL licence to wrest it away from the leagues club. Unfortunately that is years away. The NRL licence first needs to become a viable asset, most likely due to increased media funding.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Hows get f**ked sound??? I copped shit by all and sundry for my opinion on here, no problem I'm a big boy it was my opinion and everyone else had a different one.But don't tell me what I can and can't say. I've hardly be crowing, I'm pissed off and angry that the f**kwit 5 haven't left and are using club money to fund Theo laughable legal challenges. I'm not the only one but only me and Jake are getting singled out for our opinion. No doubt we were the most critical of the board before but after this week how are we Robinson Crusoe???

IDon't like what I post put me on ignore couldn't give a shit what you think.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
That's right. He's just a f**kwit troll laughing at our misfortune. Just like him I was pissed off when the death riders crowed about our failure under Spagnolo, but the merkin needs to grow up and let it go, rather than perpetuating the bullshit. Same with the rest of them. How many of the people supporting the current board will turn into death riders when the next board comes in? History says plenty will. And the circle of failure continues.
Yep, that's all I'm doing.

I'm loving the fact we are the joke of the league. I couldn't care less about the team, it's all about the factions:crazy:

yy_cheng

Coach
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/th...e/news-story/ad846b959e89f2c7eeecbae10351c5a0

These are the problems you don’t think about when considering the Eels’ salary cap debacle
36 MINUTES AGOMAY 11, 2016
VideoImage

Play
0:00
/
0:00
Fullscreen
Mute
Matt Elliott: Eels are losing an Origin player

James Matthey
news.com.au
@jamesmatthey

Email a friend
RUGBY league players change clubs all the time.
They move cities, states and sometimes even countries to continue their dream of playing the sport they love. So when talk of Parramatta having to ship players off to other teams to solve their salary cap mess is brought up, it’s easy to see it as just another chapter in the NRL merry-go-round.
But the fact is, anyone the Eels get rid of isn’t actively looking to go. They’re not trying to exploit get-out clauses in their contract and they’re not looking to move on to another challenge midway through the year.
That’s what can be easy to forget. Take the case of Nathan Peats.
The Parramatta hooker is being talked about as the player most likely to be culled by the club as they look to shed $570,000 from their top-25 roster to become salary cap compliant and eligible to play for points.
Touted as a future Origin player, he’s said he wants to stay at Parramatta, but he’s reportedly been offered to the Gold Coast Titans, who are still deciding whether they want to sign the City representative.
A move to the state of sun and surf would be the last thing Peats wants, and it’s not just because he thinks he’ll have a crack at winning a premiership with the Eels in the near future.
Peats is a victim of his own success.
Peats is a victim of his own success.Source:News Corp Australia
Peats’ dad Geordie pointed out the unseen costs of what a move to the Gold Coast would mean for his son — and unfortunately, it can be all too easy to overlook these things from the outside.
Speaking on Triple M’s The Grill Team on Wednesday morning, Geordie said one of the biggest consequences would be getting exiled from such a close group of people.

“He’s more shattered,” Geordie said. “When you play footy some years you’re not real good mates with everyone and then some years you’re all clicking and you’re all tight and you’re all close.
“These friends aren’t just footy friends, they’re friends outside. Their wives are all friends and it makes it really hard at the moment because they love each other so much.”
Everyone knows friends and family are ultimately more important than a game of football, and Geordie believes it’s Peats’ family that stands to suffer the most if he does move north.
“He’s got a young family, his son is 12 months old, his missus just went back to work. There’s a lot of stuff down here, all her family is down here. It’s really hard, it’s a big decision,” he said.
“He’s more disappointed than anything, he’s shattered. He wanted to be at Parramatta for the rest of his life.
“He doesn’t know what he’s doing. It’s a huge decision to come halfway through the year. He wasn’t even thinking about anything like this.”
He’s been one of the Eels’ best in 2016.
He’s been one of the Eels’ best in 2016.Source:AAP
The Eels need to offload someone on decent money who would be wanted by other clubs, and who would ideally be coming off contract at the end of the year. Peats and five-eighth Corey Norman both fit that bill.
But with Parramatta wanting to keep Norman so he can continue to form part of a dynamic new halves pairing with Kieran Foran, it’s Peats in the firing line.
The 25-year-old’s dad had a message for those responsible for putting the club — and by extension, his son (among others) — in such an awful position
“You’ve all got families, you’re not just playing with people’s football careers, you’re playing with people’s lives,” said Geordie.
“To be able to control people’s lives and make my son pack up halfway through the year when he was looking at re-signing, and now he’s looking at going to the Gold Coast and taking his family and uprooting them halfway through a year ... now he’s going to miss out on being with his mates for the rest of the year.
“He doesn’t know what he’s going to do, he’s just shattered.”
If Parramatta want to be eligible to play for points, they must cut the necessary $570,000 from their salary cap before they take on the Rabbitohs on Friday.
Follow News.com.au Sport on Facebook.

ash411

Bench
Hows get f**ked sound??? I copped shit by all and sundry for my opinion on here, no problem I'm a big boy it was my opinion and everyone else had a different one.But don't tell me what I can and can't say. I've hardly be crowing, I'm pissed off and angry that the f**kwit 5 haven't left and are using club money to fund Theo laughable legal challenges. I'm not the only one but only me and Jake are getting singled out for our opinion. No doubt we were the most critical of the board before but after this week how are we Robinson Crusoe???

IDon't like what I post put me on ignore couldn't give a shit what you think.

Ok fine, keep whinging and and telling us the same thing every post. like I said before, you're entitled to your opinion.

I'm not happy about the situation with the board either, but you don't see me making up hash tags and popping little digs in all my posts, that's the difference.

Getting mad doesn't help anything, just proves that you can't have a adult debate without resorting to swearing and name calling. Which is fine, you do you.

I didn't single either of you out, yes you're absolutely right, there are quite a few people doing it, and I dislike it equally from all of them.

I don't put anyone on ignore, and there's a reason for that, occasionally you might have something worthwhile to say, that is interesting to read, and I'd rather wade through 100 shitposts then miss something that is a good read.

Status
Not open for further replies.