What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yep, that's all I'm doing.

I'm loving the fact we are the joke of the league. I couldn't care less about the team, it's all about the factions:crazy:

Yeah you never seemed real keen to get rid of the previous board when we were the joke of the league.

Oscarman

Juniors
Has anything happened with Peats yet? It doesn't sit right with me that we have to offload another player when it's only a 'provisional' finding that we are over the cap, without the ability to respond to the breach notice to potentially show otherwise. We are being weakened for possibly no reason at all.

Has anything happened with Peats yet? It doesn't sit right with me that we have to offload another player when it's only a 'provisional' finding that we are over the cap, without the ability to respond to the breach notice to potentially show otherwise. We are being weakened for possibly no reason at all.

I don't want to buy too much into the agenda thing but the NRL definitely has at least one agenda: Get this done as quickly as possible.

It was their agenda to begin with, anyways, hence the initial 10 day response period.

Now, they're holding that line as much as they can, hence us having only 48 hours to get cap compliant according to their interpretation.

So, what happens if we shed Peats and then manage to land our position that we were always under the cap? Do we get compensation?

More importantly, does Peats?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'd rather not play for points. A win's a win and at this stage the best thing we can do is build a siege mentality. Long term that will suit us more than maybe scraping into the finals with a damaged team.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yeah you never seemed real keen to get rid of the previous board when we were the joke of the league.
If the previous board had of put us in this position I would be saying the same.

Yep I supported the previous board, I was glad they got rid of Fitzy and thought they tried to implement some good and much needed changes. I was wrong, the were duds and totally clueless when it came to football matters.

This current board have done some good things as well, they got us BA with a great coaching set up.

They turned the sale yards into a excellent training facility.

But ultimately they have failed badly, if not worse.

What the answer??? I have no idea but these blokes positions are untenable. If that's a trolling I'm a troll but it's pretty rich coming from a bloke who condones cheating. Your opinion should mean jack shit after that comment.

yy_cheng

Coach
I have also turned to Stuff it. Lets just stuff the competition.

Compete with the top 8 potentials.

Let the teams below 8 win so they can move up the ladder.

Is it not a standard part of every NRL contract that they are not permitted to play any other sports without the permission of the club and the NRL?

Yes, and if he'd gone and played for the Waratahs he'd get fired. If he played in the local tennis tournament without permission, he'd probably also be in breach. Circumstances and the nature of the breach matter. Turning up for a 3rd grade team is a stupid thing to do, and worthy of penalty / possible suspension, but there's a material chance an industrial court would overturn a decision to sack the bloke.

Djay

Juniors
I don't want to buy too much into the agenda thing but the NRL definitely has at least one agenda: Get this done as quickly as possible.

It was their agenda to begin with, anyways, hence the initial 10 day response period.

Now, they're holding that line as much as they can, hence us having only 48 hours to get cap compliant according to their interpretation.

So, what happens if we shed Peats and then manage to land our position that we were always under the cap? Do we get compensation?

More importantly, does Peats?

That's what I was worried about yesterday and kept saying, we lose Peats and then in 6 weeks time find out we didn't need to shed him, what then?

What will be our compensation and what happens to the guy who's had to move his whole life for nothing?

Chipmunk

Coach
Yes, and if he'd gone and played for the Waratahs he'd get fired. If he played in the local tennis tournament without permission, he'd probably also be in breach. Circumstances and the nature of the breach matter. Turning up for a 3rd grade team is a stupid thing to do, and worthy of penalty / possible suspension, but there's a material chance an industrial court would overturn a decision to sack the bloke.

A breach is a breach. Your own words six hours ago used the same argument.

Last edited:

EelsFan05

Bench
I'd rather not play for points. A win's a win and at this stage the best thing we can do is build a siege mentality. Long term that will suit us more than maybe scraping into the finals with a damaged team.

If we win 12 or more games and make the 8, we will be one of the favourites to win the comp. If we give up Peats to start playing for points that will disrupt team morale enough that we wont make the 8. It's a no win situation in my opinion.

A breach is a breach. Your own words six hours ago used the same argument.

?? These are the only things I've had to say previously on this issue

They won't be able to sack him for that type of breach, and they won't want to.

Oh, ok.

It is not automatic that a breach of an employment contract can allow the employer to terminate. The circumstances and extent of the breach matter. If we fired him for this, there's a good chance it would be overturned in court.

Where do I say that 'a breach is a breach'

Last edited:

IFR33K

Coach
If we win 12 or more games and make the 8, we will be one of the favourites to win the comp. If we give up Peats to start playing for points that will disrupt team morale enough that we wont make the 8. It's a no win situation in my opinion.

And it's what the NRL want.

They want to secretly say they disbanded the team. That's why we should do opposite to what they want. And challenge their decisions.

Dibs

Bench

I think he means when discussing our breach of the salary cap. I think you said something along the lines of the size of the breach didn't matter. I think they are 2 different scenarios though

Chipmunk

Coach

Not on this topic, see your post below.

I would think the amount has little to do with it. If the allegations of channelling cash to players through false invoices are substantiated, 12 points is a light penalty, even if it was for $50k in total.

Under the NRL rules clubs aren't allowed to "channel cash to players through false invoices" just as under NRL contracts players "aren't allowed to play other sports without the permission of the club". I would infer that the use of the word sport would be any "organised sport", whether that is for the Wallabies or third grade rugby, it's still "organised sport", so the level of "organised sport" would be irrelevant for a breach to occur, as would the amount of "channelled cash to players through false invoices".

Lets not BS here, if Junior Paulo was earning the same amount as Nathan Peats I dare say his services may no longer have been required.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If the previous board had of put us in this position I would be saying the same.

Yep I supported the previous board, I was glad they got rid of Fitzy and thought they tried to implement some good and much needed changes. I was wrong, the were duds and totally clueless when it came to football matters.

This current board have done some good things as well, they got us BA with a great coaching set up.

They turned the sale yards into a excellent training facility.

But ultimately they have failed badly, if not worse.

What the answer??? I have no idea but these blokes positions are untenable. If that's a trolling I'm a troll but it's pretty rich coming from a bloke who condones cheating. Your opinion should mean jack shit after that comment.

I agree the suspended board members are shot ducks, even if their suspensions are overturned. But focusing on them doesn't fix our problem. Why do our members keep voting for 'incompetent' boards? Why do our boards keep getting white anted from the beginning?

You should have a good grasp on the answer to these questions since you were one of their harshest critics since long before they were able to do any wrong. In fact, you never said a bad word about the Spagnolo board until you tried to distance yourself from them in an effort to justify your criticism of the current board.

So even if you're no longer pro-Spagnolo, you were always part of the anti-Sharp faction, which means you're still part of a faction, comprising mostly the same people.

Snoochies

First Grade
Playing for points makes the team happy,
Losing Peats makes the team sad,
Playing with Peats makes the team happy,
Playing for no points makes the team sad.

Therefore there is no point playing with Peats.

Status
Not open for further replies.