What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yep, there it is again. It's all the fans fault :lol:

Well look how we carry on as soon as the club is under pressure. This is why we have factions. I don't know Spagnolo but I ended up supporting him just because I saw so many f**kwits attacking him. Now I'm supporting Sharp and co for the same reason.

Eelectrifying 1

Juniors
There seems to be a consensus amongst the fans that we would rather play for no points and keep the team together. I'd reckon if you gave the players the option to either kick out Peats (or anyone else for that matter) and attempt the near impossible (12/15) or just tell the NRL to get stuffed and play for zero, I bet their feelings would be mutual.
The NRL would be in damage control if Parra rolled out every week playing for nothing. Channel 9 and Fox would be quite unhappy about it as well.
The much more realistic goal would be just to prepare for a big 2017 with a strong squad, would it not?
Why does the club not listen to its supporters if this is the common belief?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Well look how we carry on as soon as the club is under pressure. This is why we have factions. I don't know Spagnolo but I ended up supporting him just because I saw so many f**kwits attacking him. Now I'm supporting Sharp and co for the same reason.
So it looks like you were wrong, twice ;-)

Why don't you run, you know everything there
Is to know about RL. And you are a genius, what's the problem???

Scared to walk into an evil Leagues club????

ek999

First Grade
There seems to be a consensus amongst the fans that we would rather play for no points and keep the team together. I'd reckon if you gave the players the option to either kick out Peats (or anyone else for that matter) and attempt the near impossible (12/15) or just tell the NRL to get stuffed and play for zero, I bet their feelings would be mutual.
The NRL would be in damage control if Parra rolled out every week playing for nothing. Channel 9 and Fox would be quite unhappy about it as well.
The much more realistic goal would be just to prepare for a big 2017 with a strong squad, would it not?

Why would they be in damage control? It's the exact same scenario as 2010 with the Storm. Eels performances would drop off towards the end of the year too as it is hard to stay motivated when there is no reward

Dibs

Bench
Why would they be in damage control? It's the exact same scenario as 2010 with the Storm. Eels performances would drop off towards the end of the year too as it is hard to stay motivated when there is no reward

And that's what the nrl want to avoid

ash411

Bench
Guys just regarding the salary cap drama just posted a thread about Jrn.He played union on the weekend and is more then likely going to be deregistered.Maybe peats stays.

Does a deregister mean his money is taken out of the cap?

Read that thread, you should apply for a job at the DT, your clickbait game is strong.

As is your early and overreaction to a story.

but it's all good, love you, no homo. :lol:

Gronk

Staff member

Sorry don't agree. I don't think that Peats was in our 2017 plans anyway, so for mine he's just leaving a little earlier than he/we planned.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Can we give the f**king conspiracy theories a rest for a while?

It's so f**king boring.

There a million things we have obviously and repeatedly done wrong.

It's not two evil billionaires who hate parra running their hands together in a tower and dreaming up ways to make sure we don't win the premiership.

It's seriously juvenile and moronic.

I have to agree. I do think Greenberg has an agenda, which is reforming our ownership/control structure, and I think that's fair enough. But the entire TPAs thing is just begging for some clubs to cheat. The alternative is that they don't cheat and just wallow at the bottom of the ladder. I don't think we can do it legally under our current ownership structure. Or we would have.

ash411

Bench
So it looks like you were wrong, twice ;-)

Why don't you run, you know everything there
Is to know about RL. And you are a genius, what's the problem???

Scared to walk into an evil Leagues club????

When does it end Hiney?

You realise we all know we were wrong to support them, and that they screwed up. We don't need you to remind us in every. single. post. you. make.

how long are you going to gloat? It's getting old.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It's no wonder why our club is a shambles.

I've been busy the last day or so, so I've had to read a bunch to get caught up, from the last couple of pages of the MKIII thread till now, and jesus, guys..

The standing on opposite sides of the room poking your tongues out and throwing insults across the room the whole "My Dad can beat up your Dad" mentality in this series of threads really needs to stop.

I'm not completely innocent in this, I've fallen into it somewhat, so don't jump down my throat about it, I know I'm as guilty as everyone else.

We are as bad as the factions and infighting that have been destroying the club in the front office.

This fanbase is supposed to support the PARRAMATTA EELS, not factions, or board members. The team.

Can we by any chance get back to that please?

Flame away.

Exactly. The problem is bad blood in the membership base. People can blame the lack of quality candidates all they want but the only candidates possible are members who have some significant support from part of the membership already.

To be honest, the only people likely to join this shitstorm in serious numbers are Wanderers fans, and they will form another faction with their own agenda.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
lol they still won't accept ownership. Still trying to blame different people. What a disgrace they are.

#goodgovernance

So you think the club's problems are all about the current board? Do you think our problems will be resolved as soon as they are replaced? Do you believe the next board will be able to run the club free from interference?

Gronk

Staff member
Because we would have had success or not cheated under a different chairman?

If there was a better chairman available why wasn't he elected? If he didn't run why not?

Who was on the alternative ticket to Sharp anyway ? Piggy ? :crazy:

Incorrect

Coach
And that's what the nrl want to avoid

Channel 9 would have banked on having at least 3 Parra games as Free to Air games for Rounds 21-26 (scheduling of which is yet to be finalised) I reckon. Games against Manly, Brisbane and Raiders. All are/were likely to be top 8 teams around that time heading in to the Finals...

If we're not playing for points or have even bombed out of the running courtesy of a bad run from this Friday onwards (due to low morale etc), 9 will be left to pick games involving teams that don't rate anywhere near as well as Parra. The Brisbane game would have been a blockbuster you'd think if none of this rubbish ever happened

El Diablo

Post Whore
Chelsea FC owns the Wanderderps, right?

one of our former board members is a part owner http://www.wswanderersfc.com.au/about

On 1 July 2014 the Club license was officially transferred from Football Federation Australia to a consortium of owners headed by Primo Group CEO Paul Lederer and includes Director of Sabre Sports United Jefferson Cheng, Pirtek director and head of international business, Glenn Duncan, and David Slade, a partner in the Australian arm of the UK retail chain Topshop-Topman.

who is on the Parra Leagues board is irrelevant to them and their supporters

Last edited:

Chipmunk

Coach
Sorry don't agree. I don't think that Peats was in our 2017 plans anyway, so for mine he's just leaving a little earlier than he/we planned.

I read somewhere this morning that Peats was informed a few weeks ago he was part of the plans for 2017 and beyond and that this only changed this week. Who knows whether that was accurate or not.

Chipmunk

Coach
I have to agree. I do think Greenberg has an agenda, which is reforming our ownership/control structure, and I think that's fair enough. But the entire TPAs thing is just begging for some clubs to cheat. The alternative is that they don't cheat and just wallow at the bottom of the ladder. I don't think we can do it legally under our current ownership structure. Or we would have.

Why don't you think we can legally do it under current structure?

Gronk

Staff member
I read somewhere this morning that Peats was informed a few weeks ago he was part of the plans for 2017 and beyond and that this only changed this week. Who knows whether that was accurate or not.

It may well be true. Same goes for Chris McQueen and Dylan Walker. That is until the landscape changed and they both got told to find other clubs to bring in Sam Burgess. That's life.

Status
Not open for further replies.