What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
When does it end Hiney?

You realise we all know we were wrong to support them, and that they screwed up. We don't need you to remind us in every. single. post. you. make.

how long are you going to gloat? It's getting old.
My post was in repsonse to Pou and his continual bagging of the members and fanbase, not sure why you are butting in.

Are you happy to blame the fans, membership and Leagues club like this clown is doing???

ash411

Bench
My post was in repsonse to Pou and his continual bagging of the members and fanbase, not sure why you are butting in.

Are you happy to blame the fans, membership and Leagues club like this clown is doing???

Why not just end the cycle? "oh I just said this cause he said that"...

At the moment, I'm holding the board responsible, that's what makes sense right now, but until the full story comes out, I'm open to having my mind changed, the story seems to change every day, it's a moving target right now.

Either way, regardless of what comes out, the main root cause of our problems for the last decade has been factional in-fighting. Until that garbage stops and we truly unify, the club as a whole can't move forward.

The board deserve a good portion of the blame as well, however, the pressure they must have felt to get the club moving in the right direction and constant white-anting couldn't have been easy.

I butted in because I'm sick of the neener neener crap that I have read over the past week. The gloating and self righteous "I was right all along" is just vulgar given our situation.

You're entitled to your opinion of course, but there's such a thing as being a bad winner. you know what I mean?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Then you're saying there is either a problem with the voting process, a lack of better candidates or the membership aren't voting with the proper motives? Which one/s and how do you fix them?

Jake doesn't do solutions. He just wants a scapegoat.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So it looks like you were wrong, twice ;-)

No because those boards failed due to interference from within the club. In both instances I blame white ants, not the boards themselves. And yes I condone TPA cheating. How else can we compete? If legal TPAs were available we would do that instead. We didn't cheat just for the hell of it.

Why don't you run, you know everything there
Is to know about RL. And you are a genius, what's the problem???

Scared to walk into an evil Leagues club????

I gamble and drink piss, I just don't think a leagues club is a professional enough environment for running an NRL club. Maybe if our members were united like at the Dogs, but we aren't.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
When does it end Hiney?

You realise we all know we were wrong to support them, and that they screwed up. We don't need you to remind us in every. single. post. you. make.

how long are you going to gloat? It's getting old.

What's he got to gloat about? He supported Spagnolo. Death riding the next board doesn't make him right - it was inevitable they would get undermined into failure. Just like the last board and the next one.

Micheel

Juniors
So, in regards to the blame game...there's little doubt that some unseemly practices have been committed at our club over the last few years. After all, we copped our punishment sweet(-ish) last year. But I do think that there's a good possibility that we're under the cap this year and that those practices are behind us.

Obviously, we can't confirm this either way unless the details of the breach are released.

But with that in mind, the issues I have here are:

* The NRL not being willing to backdate Watmough's insurance. By all other legal interpretations, this is utter bullshit;
* Todd Greenburg's connection to Scott Seward. So the guy we fired for being dodgy is the guy TG used to testify against us? Oh, and by the way, he's Todd's old mate from Canterbury and SS has rang TG before to get advice on TPAs...That seems...totally legitimate...

And on our side:
* There's the possibility that, despite being given the opportunity, we did not participate in full disclosure with the NRL.

On the third point, the removal of the Go5 seems fair enough.

On the first two, I continue to be inclined to fight the NRL, even if this means exploring possible court action.

It looks like we're far from blameless in this situation but that by no means means laying down and taking whatever punishment the NRL want to give us, especially looking back at the first two points above, which show that the NRL is far from having clean hands on this.

My position remains the same as it was on Day 1 - cop the fine and the Go5 removal but fight for our 12 points to be returned.

Agree with most of this. If the indiscretions were from previous years, the perpetrators are gone, and the current team is under the cap (excluding the arbitrary addition of all TPA's), then why not fight for the reinstatement of all points?

Not that I'd want to give an inch to Greenberg but he gets what he wants (regime change).

My only issue is a fundamental belief that the burden of proof should lay with the accusers. Would anyone here resign from anything based on evidence given by a disgruntled former employee who happens to be mates with the guy who just handed down judgement.

That said, happily sacrifice some very ordinary operators to get out points back and keep Peats.

Chipmunk

Coach
It may well be true. Same goes for Chris McQueen and Dylan Walker. That is until the landscape changed and they both got told to find other clubs to bring in Sam Burgess. That's life.

And Souths appear to not be as good after making that decision. Perhaps this decision, just as Peats being offloaded could, has caused a disturbance with the rest of the team.

Chipmunk

Coach
Oh, ok.

It is not automatic that a breach of an employment contract can allow the employer to terminate. The circumstances and extent of the breach matter. If we fired him for this, there's a good chance it would be overturned in court.

Is it not a standard part of every NRL contract that they are not permitted to play any other sports without the permission of the club and the NRL?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

It's not blame mate, just an admission that our current structure isn't working. It's nobody's fault. With your fixation on scapegoats that's something you don't seem to understand. If it seems I'm blaming the members it's because I'm trying to put it in language you do understand. However it's nobody's fault. The solution lies outside the current structure, members and all.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

At the moment, I'm holding the board responsible, that's what makes sense right now, but until the full story comes out, I'm open to having my mind changed, the story seems to change every day, it's a moving target right now.

Either way, regardless of what comes out, the main root cause of our problems for the last decade has been factional in-fighting. Until that garbage stops and we truly unify, the club as a whole can't move forward.

The board deserve a good portion of the blame as well, however, the pressure they must have felt to get the club moving in the right direction and constant white-anting couldn't have been easy.

I butted in because I'm sick of the neener neener crap that I have read over the past week. The gloating and self righteous "I was right all along" is just vulgar given our situation.

You're entitled to your opinion of course, but there's such a thing as being a bad winner. you know what I mean?

Great post

hineyrulz

Post Whore

And you whinging about the whinging is getting us nowhere either ;-)

It's Pou, he drags you in and never lets you go :crazy:

Oscarman

Juniors
It's not blame mate, just an admission that our current structure isn't working. It's nobody's fault. With your fixation on scapegoats that's something you don't seem to understand. If it seems I'm blaming the members it's because I'm trying to put it in language you do understand. However it's nobody's fault. The solution lies outside the current structure, members and all.
It hasn't worked for a long time which is why privatisation may be the answer, if for nothing more than getting the factionalised f**kwits out of the way. Can only hope none of them end up buying the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.