What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash411

Bench
Fraud is deception with an intent to obtain a benefit. If the purpose of the deception is to obtain a benefit by allowing the club to recruit more/better players than they could otherwise, and potentially earn greater $$ through playing success, I don't think it's too hard to join the dots. It's unlikely to go down that path though.

By that logic, bluffing in poker would be illegal.

It's not about obtaining a benefit, it's about stealing something (money, goods) by deception.

From law.com...
fraud
n. the intentional use of deceit, a trick or some dishonest means to deprive another of his/her/its money, property or a legal right.

Deceiving in order to gain a benefit is just lying, or bluffing. You can't be arrested for lying to someone to gain an advantage in a game, if you could, people would be arrested en mass every day.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
What's he got to gloat about? He supported Spagnolo. Death riding the next board doesn't make him right - it was inevitable they would get undermined into failure. Just like the last board and the next one.

Yep that's what a lot of these factional penises don't realise.

They are part of the problem. Until you actually change the in fighting and stone throwing between each faction it doesn't matter who is in charge. It is an impossible job and they are all going to fail.

That's not making apologies for anyone beforehand who clearly weren't qualified to do the job. All I am suggesting is that right now even the most qualified CEO wouldn't have a chance to succeed.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I agree the suspended board members are shot ducks, even if their suspensions are overturned. But focusing on them doesn't fix our problem. Why do our members keep voting for 'incompetent' boards? Why do our boards keep getting white anted from the beginning?

You should have a good grasp on the answer to these questions since you were one of their harshest critics since long before they were able to do any wrong. In fact, you never said a bad word about the Spagnolo board until you tried to distance yourself from them in an effort to justify your criticism of the current board.

So even if you're no longer pro-Spagnolo, you were always part of the anti-Sharp faction, which means you're still part of a faction, comprising mostly the same people.
:lol: Part of a faction, i'm part of the hopefully the Eels finally win a GF faction.

Gronk

Staff member

They are part of the problem. Until you actually change the in fighting and stone throwing between each faction it doesn't matter who is in charge. It is an impossible job and they are all going to fail.

That's not making apologies for anyone beforehand who clearly weren't qualified to do the job. All I am suggesting is that right now even the most qualified CEO wouldn't have a chance to succeed.

100%. Poison chalice. Any decent merkin would not touch it with a 10 foot pole.

Too many f**kwit factions.

Too many f**kwit fans. Exhibit "A" --> https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=parramatta eels&src=typd

It's not about obtaining a benefit, it's about stealing something (money, goods) by deception.

From law.com...
fraud
n. the intentional use of deceit, a trick or some dishonest means to deprive another of his/her/its money, property or a legal right.

Deceiving in order to gain a benefit is just lying, or bluffing. You can't be arrested for lying to someone to gain an advantage in a game, if you could, people would be arrested en mass every day.

Ok, I give up. You got me there...law.com wins.

That's what I was worried about yesterday and kept saying, we lose Peats and then in 6 weeks time find out we didn't need to shed him, what then?

What will be our compensation and what happens to the guy who's had to move his whole life for nothing?

Yep.

So we fight.

I've said this many a time, The plumber had had his chance to do just that, he had a chance to stop "the stone throwing" but in his wisdom he came in and instead of mending fences etc, he started cancelling memberships and got rid of anyone who threatened his position. Of course the board were going to get shit thrown back at them. Even the EX CEO Seward (who the board hired) was lining up to get back at them.

Yes, I agree that the most qualified CEO would not survive with the current backyard operators we have in charge. That's why need a clean slate independent board free of the plumber and other factions.

The board are guilty of making enemies for themselves, mismanagement and leaving the club in the worst state it's ever been in with teams reputation in tatters.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I've said this many a time, The plumber had had his chance to do just that, he had a chance to stop "the stone throwing" but in his wisdom he came in and instead of mending fences etc, he started cancelling memberships and got rid of anyone who threatened his position. Of course the board were going to get shit thrown back at them. Even the EX CEO Seward (who the board hired) was lining up to get back at them.

Yes, I agree that the most qualified CEO would not survive with the current backyard operators we have in charge. That's why need a clean slate independent board free of the plumber and other factions.

The board are guilty of making enemies for themselves, mismanagement and leaving the club in the worst state it's ever been in with teams reputation in tatters.

How is anyone going to get enough votes without the support of a faction? Even the current mob had to pretend they were aligned with Fitzgerald to get in.

Bigfella

Coach

From law.com...
fraud

You can't argue with that sort of rigorous legal analysis baz.

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
Jennings - everyone wanted a strike centre.Now we have one.Lafai has been average. Hiku started year well but hardly explosive since and roberts is overated. Jennings has been better then all of them.
All of a sudden its gone from we got him at a good price cause offered a 4 yr deal to him costing 800k a year.
Surely we are not that stupid.

We have lost Peats.watmough.Jnr. 2017 squad is looking a lot weaker. Throw in Norman and we could slip to bottom 4 again.
It is going to be harder to attract players then sign new guys after this mess who would want to come.

Rubbish....we have another 3 great hookers, choc hasn't played for yonks and still winning , Norman will stay and Paulo will be replaced by someone who hopefully is a little brighter, u r being a little melodramatic like few others on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts