What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

hindy111

Post Whore
Rubbish....we have another 3 great hookers, choc hasn't played for yonks and still winning , Norman will stay and Paulo will be replaced by someone who hopefully is a little brighter, u r being a little melodramatic like few others on here.

It is easy to say replace but you need to be able to replace them with someone.

Bazal

Post Whore
Rubbish....we have another 3 great hookers, choc hasn't played for yonks and still winning , Norman will stay and Paulo will be replaced by someone who hopefully is a little brighter, u r being a little melodramatic like few others on here.

That's very optimistic...De Gois is great defender, a very intelligent hooker but he's also very slow and his service is ordinary. Pritchard and King have both missed more games than they've played and have huge flaws in their game. And two of them are also off contract

Gronk

Staff member
Some misinformation out there.

Robbie Farrah said "Parra went out and signed all those rep players when they knew they were over the cap".

Pretty sure we were $200k under the cap until the NRL bundled 3 years worth of TPAs on to this years cap and told us to deal with it or lose points.

Kornstar

Coach

Robbie Farrah said "Parra went out and signed all those rep players when they knew they were over the cap".

Pretty sure we were $200k under the cap until the NRL bundled 3 years worth of TPAs on to this years cap and told us to deal with it or lose points.

I agree there. Listening to the radio in the morning and arvos is beginning to drive me crazy. The fact they added 800k worth of TPAs to our cap this year from previous years is never mentioned.

I expect the hosts of the shows to know this but of information to at least tell people who ring them up the true situation.

Kilkenny

Coach

As a non Eels fan I think you guys, as fans, got a lot of sympathy from the non Eels fans, but seriously you are not doing yourselves any favours by living in denial.

Your club have been involved in serious breaches of the salary cao, amounting to cheating for want of a better word, and you guys as fans need to accept it and not continue with the bullshit victim status.

Seriously your club need's to get it's house in order and the fans need to accept the short term pain which will follow from what your club has been guilty of.

The club had abused or cheated the salary cap when you went out there and recruited Foran, Scott, Gordon and then Jennings so don't abuse the good will from the majority of non Eels fans because the sympathy will run dry very soon.

strider

Post Whore
I agree there. Listening to the radio in the morning and arvos is beginning to drive me crazy. The fact they added 800k worth of TPAs to our cap this year from previous years is never mentioned.

I expect the hosts of the shows to know this but of information to at least tell people who ring them up the true situation.

Do we actually know that is what has happened ... ie the 800k of TPAs from previous years? ... or is that just another unsubstatiated media rumour?

Cos if thats the total from previous years, then what the f**k is the remaining $2.2m?

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
That's very optimistic...De Gois is great defender, a very intelligent hooker but he's also very slow and his service is ordinary. Pritchard and King have both missed more games than they've played and have huge flaws in their game. And two of them are also off contract

Cody Nelson?

Bazal

Post Whore
As a non Eels fan I think you guys, as fans, got a lot of sympathy from the non Eels fans, but seriously you are not doing yourselves any favours by living in denial.

Your club have been involved in serious breaches of the salary cao, amounting to cheating for want of a better word, and you guys as fans need to accept it and not continue with the bullshit victim status.

Seriously your club need's to get it's house in order and the fans need to accept the short term pain which will follow from what your club has been guilty of.

The club had abused or cheated the salary cap when you went out there and recruited Foran, Scott, Gordon and then Jennings so don't abuse the good will from the majority of non Eels fans because the sympathy will run dry very soon.

You'll find most of us agree 100%. There are some lunatics who have their tinfoil hats on over the whole thing, but judging the rest of us by their actions is a little harsh. Most of us are absolutely furious with the blokes who did this. Personally I've mentioned a few times I hope all five are banned for life, and I was a huge Anderson fan as a coach

You'll find most of us agree 100%. There are some lunatics who have their tinfoil hats on over the whole thing, but judging the rest of us by their actions is a little harsh. Most of us are absolutely furious with the blokes who did this. Personally I've mentioned a few times I hope all five are banned for life, and I was a huge Anderson fan as a coach

Yeh, that's about right. But we should at least establish which of the allegations against us are solid, and which (if any) are not.

Noise

Coach

Not all of us are part of the tin foil brigade who think the media and Greenburg are to blame. This is 100% our board's doing and I am disgusted that the club i follow are massive cheats.

Bazal

Post Whore
Cody Nelson?

Is a backrower who can occasionally fill in at hooker. And also off contract.

The only hooker we have signed up is Kaysa Pritchard, who is very promising but pretty small (175cm and 80kg or thereabouts) without the livewire running game that normally makes a small hooker good. He whacks hard enough in defence but his injuries seem to be a product of his size and there's a big question for mine over whether he'll ever be a starting level hooker.

That said, we're linked to Segeyaro if Peats goes, so maybe there's a plan in place. There are also a few young hookers around who could do with a starting jersey if we can't afford a Segeyaro.

Eelementary

Post Whore

I don't mean any disrespect, but I don't care about other fans and their sympathy.

Their sympathy won't fix things or make things better.

strider

Post Whore
Yeh, that's about right. But we should at least establish which of the allegations against us are solid, and which (if any) are not.

Yep. I think nearly everyone would happily agree we've clearly done some dodgy shit. ... But we'd love to see exactly what we've f**kin done.

I think most supporters from other clubs have no concept of the amount of backstabbing and white anting going on around our club. And its painfully obvious this is all been outed via a power grab. So i think parra fans are instantly skeptical of what is truth and what is not when it comes from those they know have agendas

Call me blind, but I just cant get my head around the $3m

Kilkenny

Coach
That said, we're linked to Segeyaro if Peats goes, so maybe there's a plan in place. There are also a few young hookers around who could do with a starting jersey if we can't afford a Segeyaro.

Any links to Segeyaro are on your own forum from your own fans. There is no substance to the links to Segeyaro. Your club is too busy trying to get your cap sorted so you can compete for points for the remainder of this season without any thoughts of who you may be able to bring in for next season. It is just fan forum BS. Segeyaro may well move on from the Panthers but if he does I can guarantee you it will not be the the Eels.

Status
Not open for further replies.