What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well.if this is the case he should never have been released.

You would think the NRL would have given them some advice before the deal went through to tell them if it covered the cap space or not?
I'm still in disbelief that they didn't back dat watmoughs retirement to February .

this is all to stressful with Peats leaving so I'm going to channel one the plumbers fav quotes as a pick me up:

"STAY BLUE, STAY GOLD AND STAY UNITED"

A truly Churchillian comment by the plumber.

#goodgovernance

strider

Post Whore
I guess we tossed up some numbers ... and they came down letters F A I L

But seriously ... would like to hear something official

Chipmunk

Coach
Hopefully we ship someone else integral to our team off, it'll all be worth it if we are playing for points!

I'm not sure we'll need to do that. It's not really confirmed..Massouds tweet was from earlier in the night, before Peats signed. It's possible a deal was reached afterwards. Both SMH and DT reporting we're good to go.

^b0ss^

Juniors
As you can see from this article "However the Eels also have another deadline – on June 3 – to respond to the original breach notices handed down by the governing body for alleged salary cap rorts last week.

And if they aren’t cap compliant by then, the NRL could look at offloading players for them.

“They can play until the final determination is made in early June. That’s when we can make some steps,” an NRL spokesperson told AAP."

So there shouldnt be anymore talk about lets not play for points because if we are not under the cap they will take the sword to the club.So yes we needed to offload peats and even if its the case we have to offload another better that BA chooses then the NRL.
http://www.sportsnews.com.au/nrl/nrl-to-force-eels-hand-in-cap-saga/182681

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The NRL can't force any player to leave. Neither can the club. There are legally binding contracts protected by Australian law.

yy_cheng

Coach
Has anyone done the maths?

Choc say $400k assuming he was not backdated otherwise him alone would be enough
Morgan $70k
PEATS $150k assuming his $450k over 18mths is the same as what he was getting here

That's $620k

Subtract 3 replacements at $120k

That means we have wiped out $500k

So are we under?

Ratchy

Juniors
I think to be balanced and fair, it would seem likely that Stuart got the go ahead (and any the necessary financial assurances etc) to embark on his cutting deadwood exercise from his mate Spags, at least one month in advance of announcing his conclusions to the squad via projector... which would also have been (naively) supported from there by a newly elected Sharp.

If thats true its pretty clear Sharp should never have been given the keys to the joint in the first place. What sort of halfwit doesn't get his head around the ramifications of something so major like that.

Which in turn then it really has nothing to do with Spagnolo. He can't be blamed or held accountable for the future clowns cheating.

strider

Post Whore
Has anyone done the maths?

Choc say $400k assuming he was not backdated otherwise him alone would be enough
Morgan $70k
PEATS $150k assuming his $450k over 18mths is the same as what he was getting here

That's $620k

Subtract 3 replacements at $120k

That means we have wiped out $500k

So are we under?

Who knows what the calculations are .... but lets run with these .... Choc (remaining $300k included in our cap) and Peats ($150k) is still top 25 money - so not replaced by 3 players, only 1 for morgan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts