What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sp...round-10-featuring-josh-massoud-and-liam-cox/

Tackle One – Jennings contract queried

Serious questions are being asked as to how and why the NRL registered Michael Jennings’ contract with Parramatta in January, given it had already been receiving tip-offs that the club was involved in funny third party deal business. And those questions are being asked from within Parramatta, too.

It’s understood Jennings’ deal is worth around $3 million over four years, although the Roosters contributed more than half of his $750,000 salary for this season.

That left the Eels to carry about $350,000 – a decent chunk of their alleged $570,000 breach for 2016.

Understandably, Nathan Peats and his wife are furious about being asked to leave Parramatta to remedy the mess.

Those close to Peats feel that the fairest way to solve the problem is to de-register the last player Parramatta signed – Jennings.

That’s also harsh on Jennings; but there was always going to be someone who gets seriously burned.

Peats is feeling the heat to make a call in the next 36 hours and his wife – who just returned to work in Sydney’s west after giving birth to the couple’s first child last year – is absorbing much of the stress.

The situation is not made easier by the fact Peats is one of the players who was owed third party deals and last year robbed of a sponsor car the club had promised him.

He’s since been given a lease car that’s counted toward Parramatta’s salary cap. The mess is a massive test for new NRL boss Todd Greenberg – not least of all because Jennings’ manager, Isaac Moses, is a close personal friend.

Then there’s the issue of the Titans – where Peats is being pushed - being controlled by the NRL.

League Central has a commercial imperative to have Parramatta competing for points in the interests of its broadcasters and sponsors. Is that not a conflict as well?

Rival clubs are watching the situation closely, wary the Titans might be given any sort of unfair advantage to ensure Peats is moved on as quickly as possible.

eels_fan

First Grade
So Greenberg & Moses are great mates too..

Guess he won't be one of the player managers investigated in the fallout from our dramas...

^b0ss^

Juniors
We are back in the game which is the main thing for the players.Least they know they will be playing for ponits now.

Cant wait to see them play souths.We were always going to lose someone the fact that Watmough is retiring due to injury is a blessing image watmough fit and us trying to sort this mess out.

There would have been players getting punted left and right,to think we only lost peats and morgan is very lucky.We also have IDG and pritchard.Peats even though much loved is really the only postion we have covered with quailty players.

hindy111

Post Whore
As i said before guys like Copley where pissed on when a better option came. Dropped like a cold meat pie.
Dugan and Milford did the reverse on Canberra.

The duke pissed hot yellow old man urine all over Cleary's face then dropped a big shit on Luke Lewis who won a GF with them

At the roosters Fletcher got a royal bukake.

It always happens. We made a buissness decision that hurts the fans but had to be done. LIKE A BAND AID - RIGHT OFF. Now man up and move on. Best of luck Nathan i wish we kept you and hope one day you return but if you win a GF with the TITANS i will be happy for you and i hope you play origin in the future!

slippy

Juniors
I genuinely believe this f**ks our morale enough to cost us when the going gets tough with a few rounds to go... Conceding a late try in a must win game, heads down under the posts, looking around at each other, no Peatsy to be seen, the last few months catches up with them and see ya boys, no fairy tale this year

f**k this shit

El Diablo

Post Whore
As i said before guys like Copley where pissed on when a better option came. Dropped like a cold meat pie.

The duke pissed hot yellow old man urine all over Cleary's face then dropped a big shit on Luke Lewis who won a GF with them

It always happens. We made a buissness decision that hurts the fans but had to be done. LIKE A BAND AID - RIGHT OFF. Now man up and move on. Best of luck Nathan i wish we kept you and hope one day you return but if you win a GF with the TITANS i will be happy for you and i hope you play origin in the future!

i'm sensing you'd like a golden shower and a Cleveland steamer from Gus

Chipmunk

Coach

To be honest this is probably the most coherent post you have ever made. It is also contains just the one spelling mistake.

El Diablo

Post Whore
I genuinely believe this f**ks our morale enough to cost us when the going gets tough with a few rounds to go... Conceding a late try in a must win game, heads down under the posts, looking around at each other, no Peatsy to be seen, the last few months catches up with them and see ya boys, no fairy tale this year

f**k this shit

or next year

i can't see us making the 8 in the next 5 years

Well I'm just glad the salary cap is evening out the talent, said no one ever!
The cap is really working isn't it? The majority of the rep player in the NRL are at one of 3 clubs, the Broncos, Cowboys or storm.
I know our board stuffed up and did it all wrong. But when you look at those 3 above teams and then compare them to the Tigers and the knights and tell me it's evening out the talent?

Chipmunk

Coach
This was a tough decision to make. But tough organisations make tough decisons all the time and come out the other side better off.

We've been a mentally piss weak team for far too long. If we have a mentally strong team then we'll move on from this and be a better team.

Piss weak teams are the ones that will sook about it.

^b0ss^

Juniors
GEzzz we have lost 1 player and now we cant make the finals for the next 5 yrs.We are still a big chance of making it this yr.

Status
Not open for further replies.