What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
GEzzz we have lost 1 player and now we cant make the finals for the next 5 yrs.We are still a big chance of making it this yr.

This.
We have had peats out for a few games already and we won all of them with him out and IDG at hooker and Kaysa on the bench, 12/15 is tough but we have the draw on our side if we are good enough we deserve to be there.

Basil Brush

Juniors
He's just emotional, let him be he will see it in a new light on Friday night when we tear Souths a new one.

Yeah i understand there are a lot of emotional Eels fans. I am one.

However to make a statement like we wont the 8 for 5 years is crazy.

I love what Brad Arthur is building.

El Diablo

Post Whore
I really hope you are taking the piss. Can anybody predict the 8 next year let alone in the next 5 years.

Otherwise you may just be fishing...

the NRL will be too busy going over every single Parra contract to check any other clubs

they'll probably ban our players from having TPA's plus no bastard will want to come near us anyway

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Is a backrower who can occasionally fill in at hooker. And also off contract.

The only hooker we have signed up is Kaysa Pritchard, who is very promising but pretty small (175cm and 80kg or thereabouts) without the livewire running game that normally makes a small hooker good. He whacks hard enough in defence but his injuries seem to be a product of his size and there's a big question for mine over whether he'll ever be a starting level hooker.

That said, we're linked to Segeyaro if Peats goes, so maybe there's a plan in place. There are also a few young hookers around who could do with a starting jersey if we can't afford a Segeyaro.

Pritchard is 88kg, big enough for hooker. Pretty much the average size for a hooker.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Nah when the current board gets sacked players will be falling over each other in their rush to sign/re-sign with us. Especially when their entire contract is guaranteed under the cap.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
As i said before guys like Copley where pissed on when a better option came. Dropped like a cold meat pie.
Dugan and Milford did the reverse on Canberra.

The duke pissed hot yellow old man urine all over Cleary's face then dropped a big shit on Luke Lewis who won a GF with them

At the roosters Fletcher got a royal bukake.

It always happens. We made a buissness decision that hurts the fans but had to be done. LIKE A BAND AID - RIGHT OFF. Now man up and move on. Best of luck Nathan i wish we kept you and hope one day you return but if you win a GF with the TITANS i will be happy for you and i hope you play origin in the future!

The salary cap is intended to take quality players from successful clubs. It would just have been nice if we could've been successful for more than nine games.

If Peats really wanted to stay he could have re-signed on the cheap during the pre-season. "I want to finish my career here" always comes with a caveat.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
This was a tough decision to make. But tough organisations make tough decisons all the time and come out the other side better off.

We've been a mentally piss weak team for far too long. If we have a mentally strong team then we'll move on from this and be a better team.

Piss weak teams are the ones that will sook about it.

And BA made it. Got to keep him

Status
Not open for further replies.