What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantom eel

First Grade
I think repeated changing of coaches is ultimately responsible for needing to cheat. With continued change of management came continued change of strategy, including periods between coaches, where we either signed/re-signed players according to no plan or made no market moves when the time was right for making such moves (e.g. any recruitment/retention decisions we make right now while we have no head of football operations). All these decisions (and non-decisions when a decision needed to be made) put us in a weak position regarding our squad and our salary cap, which put us in a weak position in the player market. This means we inflated player prices and got less for our money. Add to that we kept sacking players and paying them out (which meant they stayed in our cap), and cheating was the only way we could afford to spend enough on players to be any chance of competing.
Very true... as opposed to trying to pin blame all on DA for political agendas.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Assistant coaches are followers rather than leaders. Amirite ?

That's quite a generalisation. I'd say all coaches need to have some leadership about them. Even assistants are given a lot of responsibility. Otherwise they would be interchangeable with any other merkin.

Gronk

Staff member
That's quite a generalisation. I'd say all coaches need to have some leadership about them. Even assistants are given a lot of responsibility. Otherwise they would be interchangeable with any other merkin.

They they need a certain skill set. Hand picked by the head merkin who delegates roles and specific direction.

Delboy

First Grade
All of you that seem to think that our sort of ex-manager football is some untapped genius need to think again, he has been in charge of the junior league for 2 years. Let me tell you that it is at its lowest ebb I can remember for 35 years.

Clubs are unhappy with the person he put in charge after making sure the last GM was lost to the Riff , he has had the bright idea of running the 6 & 7s as mini gala days each week rather than playing at their home grounds. Spoke to one mid sized club this afternoon, and this has made an enormous difference to their weekly canteen and BBQ takings, which is a signicant part of their income

No consultation, just lets do it, there are other things I can't cover here, but in essence his admin has been a disaster, still delude yourself with what he apprently offered previously. Somehow the smartest guy in the room got found out

IFR33K

Coach
All of you that seem to think that our sort of ex-manager football is some untapped genius need to think again, he has been in charge of the junior league for 2 years. Let me tell you that it is at its lowest ebb I can remember for 35 years.

Clubs are unhappy with the person he put in charge after making sure the last GM was lost to the Riff , he has had the bright idea of running the 6 & 7s as mini gala days each week rather than playing at their home grounds. Spoke to one mid sized club this afternoon, and this has made an enormous difference to their weekly canteen and BBQ takings, which is a signicant part of their income

No consultation, just lets do it, there are other things I can't cover here, but in essence his admin has been a disaster, still delude yourself with what he apprently offered previously. Somehow the smartest guy in the room got found out

In relation to the 6's and 7's, Matt Brady held a vote where all clubs were able to vote. The majority of clubs, if not all wanted this.

The positive out of this was to stop 6's and 7's travelling 45 minutes at 7.30 am to play a game. All clubs will receive a 'gala day' though out the year, allowing each club to benefit.

Delboy

First Grade
Thanks 1fr33k, that's not what I was told by the treasurer today. Maybe he wasn't told all the details as he was pretty unhappy

But he seems to think that the loss each week was a concern, as you know I am not as involved as I once was and treasurers are generally where you find things out

I know a couple of the big clubs are unhappy with the directiion and rulings currently, but that's another matter

Noise

Coach
In relation to the 6's and 7's, Matt Brady held a vote where all clubs were able to vote. The majority of clubs, if not all wanted this.

The positive out of this was to stop 6's and 7's travelling 45 minutes at 7.30 am to play a game. All clubs will receive a 'gala day' though out the year, allowing each club to benefit.

Huh? So they got rid of ur home games every second week where you might travel a longer distance on the off week for having only 1 home gala game a season and travelling further every other week of the season to the away gala days? :?

Chipmunk

Coach

I have to ask a serious question here, but why was DA involved in this sort of junior league stuff?

IFR33K

Coach
Huh? So they got rid of ur home games every second week where you might travel a longer distance on the off week for having only 1 home gala game a season and travelling further every other week of the season to the away gala days? :?

No. Junior clubs still have the game of 8's and onwards, every second weekend. Our junior club already hosted all the 6's and 7's on the south side. Every club will host these ages at least once in the season. I think our club profited 2k in canteen takings. There is no way we'd do that in a normal weekend. These age groups have been split up into north and south divisions. It stops parents travelling for instance from Fairfield to rouse hill for a 5 year old.

Like anything, it has it's pro's and cons. The NRL has done studies, and found we are losing 33% of kids of this age to soccer, After a year in league. They have restructured the way the game is played, coached and officiated.

I have enjoyed it to date.

IFR33K

Coach
Thanks 1fr33k, that's not what I was told by the treasurer today. Maybe he wasn't told all the details as he was pretty unhappy

But he seems to think that the loss each week was a concern, as you know I am not as involved as I once was and treasurers are generally where you find things out

I know a couple of the big clubs are unhappy with the directiion and rulings currently, but that's another matter

I was at the meeting when we voted. Maybe u weren't given all details. I assure u, there was a vote.

Noise

Coach
No. Junior clubs still have the game of 8's and onwards, every second weekend. Our junior club already hosted all the 6's and 7's on the south side. Every club will host these ages at least once in the season. I think our club profited 2k in canteen takings. There is no way we'd do that in a normal weekend. These age groups have been split up into north and south divisions. It stops parents travelling for instance from Fairfield to rouse hill for a 5 year old.

Like anything, it has it's pro's and cons. The NRL has done studies, and found we are losing 33% of kids of this age to soccer, After a year in league. They have restructured the way the game is played, coached and officiated.

I have enjoyed it to date.

Ah ok, so they have kind of divided the district into north and south to save travel....that makes more sense then.

Kornstar

Coach

I have never seen anyone on here refer to him or think he is a genius.

People who defend him in any way are generally only doing so because people like yourself put the complete blame on him for everything that has happened since 2009.

People like you can't even give him credit for anything during that golden run because he had some throw away line at the time that Smith himself also had in 2001 that is never pointed out.

If you would just acknowledge that the entire club has f**ked up and everyone with any power at the club since 2009 has contributed to our current situation, even your friends who clearly like to deflect any wrong doing from them onto 1 person......we may then be able to move on!

Suitman

Post Whore
I have never seen anyone on here refer to him or think he is a genius.

People who defend him in any way are generally only doing so because people like yourself put the complete blame on him for everything that has happened since 2009.

People like you can't even give him credit for anything during that golden run because he had some throw away line at the time that Smith himself also had in 2001 that is never pointed out.

If you would just acknowledge that the entire club has f**ked up and everyone with any power at the club since 2009 has contributed to our current situation, even your friends who clearly like to deflect any wrong doing from them onto 1 person......we may then be able to move on!

Couldn't agree more Korny when it is put like that.
Pretty much makes us all guilty at some time or another of bringing this club down to where it is now. I think Pou has suggested that once or twice.

Suity

IFR33K

Coach
Ah ok, so they have kind of divided the district into north and south to save travel....that makes more sense then.

Yes. Only for 6's and 7's. The major change is there is no referee. Both coaches do this. There is a max of 6 players on the field per team ( min 4). There is also now 6 tackles to a set. This is designed so that every player should get a run each set. Any players that knock on or run out, are to be deemed tackled.

The game is designed to be more enjoyable for the youngsters, and stop them quitting for soccer. Coaching both 6's and 7's, I have enjoyed the revamped model.

On a side note, if anyone has spare time, I suggest u get involved in junior league in any capacity. It's rather enjoyable. :D:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.