What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Kearney had the philosophy of building a structured team based on a strong defense........................

and then he signed Chris Sandow...... no more needs to be said.

It's a false dichotomy. The structure is there for the benefit of the free wheeling playmaker. Our problem was that Sandow's defence wasn't just bad; it was below NRL standard. And in attack we rarely got enough go forward to utilise his running game.

emjaycee

Coach
But the PLC 'difference' was $12 million or something last year wasn't it?

Just had a quick look at the financials which are PLC Consolidated (and include PNRL) and not as clear as it could be because the PLC includes the NRL Grant, Gate Receipts and Sponsorships in its revenue then shows an expense to the PNRL (prior to 2015 it showed it as a loan and a provision to the PNRL).

From my cursory glance it seems like:
2015: $10.05M
2014: $8.5M (or maybe $9.5M)
2013: $8.4M

But as I said, this includes returning the NRL grant which the PLC has 'banked' in its revenue figures. Also, I have included the grant to the PDRL prior to its cessation (2013 & 2014) and the line item for Junior Football (2015) as this was the PDRL replacement that the PNRL now administers I think.

Just had a quick look at the financials which are PLC Consolidated (and include PNRL) and not as clear as it could be because the PLC includes the NRL Grant, Gate Receipts and Sponsorships in its revenue then shows an expense to the PNRL (prior to 2015 it showed it as a loan and a provision to the PNRL).

From my cursory glance it seems like:
2015: $10.05M
2014: $8.5M (or maybe $9.5M)
2013: $8.4M

But as I said, this includes returning the NRL grant which the PLC has 'banked' in its revenue figures. Also, I have included the grant to the PDRL prior to its cessation (2013 & 2014) and the line item for Junior Football (2015) as this was the PDRL replacement that the PNRL now administers I think.

I think the t-shirt purchase is in the PLC accounts too :)

IIRC, after netting out the NRL grant etc we were absorbing a loss of about $1.5-2.5m a year on the PNRL during 2013 and 14.

Gronk

Staff member
Former Parramatta Eels CEO Denis Fitzgerald kicked out of private suite at Pirtek Stadium
May 14, 2016 10:00pm
Phil RothfieldThe Sunday Telegraph

JUST when you thought the Parramatta management crisis couldn’t get any more outrageous, former Eels CEO Denis Fitzgerald was kicked out of a private suite at Pirtek Stadium on Friday night.

The stadium’s operations manager ordered Fitzgerald to leave a suite in the Ken Thornett Stand where he was networking and mingling with sponsors. A security guard arrived to ensure he moved on.

Earlier Fitzgerald, who has been at loggerheads with the Eels board for years, arrived at the ground and sat in his seat as a guest in suite 11.

Later, he moved to another suite to meet other people. That’s when the trouble began and the operations manager arrived.

“He told me he’d been asked to request that I go back to my original suite and stay there,” Fitzgerald said.

“He was just doing what he was told to do by the stadium hirer. To save any drama I just left quietly.”

Fitzgerald said he was embarrassed by the incident and, as a life member, it was common practice to mix with guests in other suites.

“It was ridiculous and it was embarrassing,” he said.

“Who else gets told to go back to their seat and stay there? It felt like I was under house arrest. And was it discriminatory?

“Did they ask anyone else to leave? I often do a run of the boxes, *especially to see how two patrons, Alan Overton and Don Ritchie, are.”

A spokesman for the Eels confirmed Fitzgerald had been asked to leave the corporate box and added all guests were required to remain in the suites for which their tickets were issued.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ce8993875ab5eb80c59a8712d#load-story-comments

Gronk

Staff member
The Telecrap have just realized that Sharpie is in Fair Tradings masthead image on their website and have sought comment from the boss there to get it removed.

http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/

The article is paywalled and I CBF'd linking it.

banner.jpg

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...amatta-eels-geoff-gerard-20160514-gov612.html

"We need to work with the NRL. There's an opportunity, possibly, to work through the breach notice and reduce the points [penalty] if we can prove to them, through Schuey [consultant and former NRL salary cap auditor Ian Schubert] that some of the breach notices were harsh. We may be able to reduce it.

"We have to work with the NRL because they are the regulator. I believe Todd [Greenberg] and Nick [Weeks] have been extremely fair to our club, they have been open and honest."

Chipmunk

Coach
I think the t-shirt purchase is in the PLC accounts too :)

IIRC, after netting out the NRL grant etc we were absorbing a loss of about $1.5-2.5m a year on the PNRL during 2013 and 14.

Which then would appear to increase to $4million in 2015. I'd suggest if the PNRL wanted to make any capital purchases in the future, there would be no money for that unless the PLC paid for it.

Which then would appear to increase to $4million in 2015. I'd suggest if the PNRL wanted to make any capital purchases in the future, there would be no money for that unless the PLC paid for it.

Having a look at the actuals for 2015

NRL Grant 7.9mill
Gate 2.9 mill
Total $10.8m

Match, football and assoc expenses 9.02m
Jnr Footy expenses 1.020

Now there will obviously be some of the footy team expenses sneaking into 'other expenses' of $3m.....but they're not going too bad on the above figures.

The PNRL are a wholly owned subsidiary of the PRLC, so in terms of financing capital acquisitions (not sure why the PNRL would need to) not sure there's too much of a problem.

Last edited:

Chipmunk

Coach
Having a look at the actuals for 2015

NRL Grant 7.9mill
Gate 2.9 mill
Total $10.8m

Match, football and assoc expenses 9.02m
Jnr Footy expenses 1.020

Now there will obviously be some of the footy team expenses sneaking into 'other expenses' of $3m.....but they're not going too bad on the above figures.

The PNRL are a wholly owned subsidiary of the PRLC, so in terms of financing capital acquisitions (not sure why the PNRL would need to) not sure there's too much of a problem.

So if it's a wholly owned subsidiary, why would they relinquish overall control of the PNRL board?

Parra

Referee
Could be time to update the blurb for this forum. Doesn't feel like we are surging forward into the post-Jarryd Hayne era.

Delboy

First Grade
Zorba is on the sporting news website spruking that by mid June we will be wiped out by the NRL and will be playing for no points , said it with his usual fat smirking face

Understand he is being fed info on an ongoing basis by an emperor for him and the clown to take to the media

A vindictive ego maniac who is happy to destroy the club for his own purposes

Status
Not open for further replies.