What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

84 Baby

Referee
Don't know why people are getting knickers in a knot. Sounds more like Cordwell and Gadiel think Garrard is a better choice for chairman, not that they're trying to knife Gerard from board altogether. Plus Gerard strikes me as the polar opposite of Fitzy and would step aside regardless and do his best to back the other guy

Stagger eel

Staff member
Don't know why people are getting knickers in a knot. Sounds more like Cordwell and Gadiel think Garrard is a better choice for chairman, not that they're trying to knife Gerard from board altogether. Plus Gerard strikes me as the polar opposite of Fitzy and would step aside regardless and do his best to back the other guy

Maybe that's true but even my dead grandmother would tell you that Gerard is the obvious choice as interim CM, so this needs to be hosed down right now with an MR saying we're United Jethro is our chairman ...

phantom eel

First Grade
Suity said:
Mate, Phantom Bart will come on tonight and tell us it's alight to just lose 4 points (that's all we were ever going to lose, according to the Word of Phantom) and everything will be sweet.

We should all just calm down.

BTW, Hayne is going to rugby and he has everyone on ignore.

84 Baby

Referee
Maybe that's true but even my dead grandmother would tell you that Gerard is the obvious choice as interim CM, so this needs to be hosed down right now with an MR saying we're United Jethro is our chairman ...
Between the two I'd agree with you, but Gerard hasn't exactly inspired unity or confidence since Terrible Tuesday. If our chairman is going to be our mouthpiece (CEO should be, they can be hired & fired if they not) then they have to be perfect in media conduct and club unification.

ash411

Bench
I think that the board needs to put out a statement.

It should go like this: "Unless a board member is directly quoted BY NAME, anything in the media can be taken as fiction. "Sources" will no longer have accurate details on what happens in the Eels boardroom."

And here's the kicker, they should mean it too.

I would so happy if I never hear again "I heard this from a mate, who's close to someone on the board".

Board members, I realise that telling your mates about what happens in the boardroom makes them feel like an insider, and it make you feel like a rock star, but you're hurting yourselves by doing this.

I think the past 6 months have proven pretty convincingly that loose lips sink ships.

Basically, Keep your fricken traps shut. All you are doing is giving those that intend to destroy you ammo with which to do so, and providing fodder for the media.

Please keep the boardroom business in the boardroom where it belongs, you have a much more important responsibility than looking cool to your mates and those that kiss your ass because you give them inside info.

Bigfella

Coach
Isn't there a fair chance that fractures on the current board might be due to suspicions about possible involvement in the malicious leaking that went on?

ash411

Bench
Question: Do they elect the PLC and PNRL boards separately? i.e. one ballot for each board, or is it you get elected to the PLC board, you're automatically on the PNRL board, or vice-versa if that's the case.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think that the board needs to put out a statement.

It should go like this: "Unless a board member is directly quoted BY NAME, anything in the media can be taken as fiction. "Sources" will no longer have accurate details on what happens in the Eels boardroom."

And here's the kicker, they should mean it too.

I would so happy if I never hear again "I heard this from a mate, who's close to someone on the board".

Board members, I realise that telling your mates about what happens in the boardroom makes them feel like an insider, and it make you feel like a rock star, but you're hurting yourselves by doing this.

I think the past 6 months have proven pretty convincingly that loose lips sink ships.

Basically, Keep your fricken traps shut. All you are doing is giving those that intend to destroy you ammo with which to do so, and providing fodder for the media.

Please keep the boardroom business in the boardroom where it belongs, you have a much more important responsibility than looking cool to your mates and those that kiss your ass because you give them inside info.

If they don't look after their mates they won't get (re-)elected.

ash411

Bench
If they don't look after their mates they won't get (re-)elected.

The problem I have is that this info gets out. These "mates" obvious run straight from them being told to whoever will listen, then it gets to the wrong people and a phone call to the DT is made.

Just know, if you are leaking boardroom secrets to anyone, you may as well post it on twitter, your mates you're talking to, also want to be thought of as rock stars just like you, so they tell the guys that kiss their ass because they have access to the board.

phantom eel

First Grade
So our remaining four directors remain split on factional lines too... and since Garrard is now out of a job with the sacking of all Council Mayors across Sydney he's now plumping for our Chairman role :roll:.

The 3 "blow ins" have a poor record of working with the NRL, which is essential for our club to climb out of this mess and implement NRL-mandated governance reforms agreed to before the start of the season. They think they have the (current) majority and want to swing their eight around in ou4r Club's postr-2 June decisions... but for what outcome?

Geoff Gerard is the last one standing and has a long history in our club having worked with (and now survived) all of the factions in power - Fitzy's lot, Spagnolo's mob, and Sharpy's crew. Gerard has a strong record of working with NRL through his role on their committees etc, and is trusted by the NRL - something which will be important in reestablisihing our footy club as a viable entity to compete in the competition in the future.

With the need for the Club to nominate 3 independent directors by August, you'd think the 3 "blow ins" would realise the need to pull together and get behind the most experienced Director and the one who can open the doors for us with the NRL... rather than to go it alone, attempt to play power politics and potentially create more instability in this season from hell?

Stagger eel

Staff member
So our remaining four directors remain split on factional lines too... and since Garrard is now out of a job with the sacking of all Council Mayors across Sydney he's now plumping for our Chairman role :roll:.

The 3 "blow ins" have a poor record of working with the NRL, which is essential for our club to climb out of this mess and implement NRL-mandated governance reforms agreed to before the start of the season. They think they have the (current) majority and want to swing their eight around in ou4r Club's postr-2 June decisions... but for what outcome?

Geoff Gerard is the last one standing and has a long history in our club having worked with (and now survived) all of the factions in power - Fitzy's lot, Spagnolo's mob, and Sharpy's crew. Gerard has a strong record of working with NRL through his role on their committees etc, and is trusted by the NRL - something which will be important in reestablisihing our footy club as a viable entity to compete in the competition in the future.

With the need for the Club to nominate 3 independent directors by August, you'd think the 3 "blow ins" would realise the need to pull together and get behind the most experienced Director and the one who can open the doors for us with the NRL... rather than to go it alone, attempt to play power politics and potentially create more instability in this season from hell?

who are you and what did you do to Phantom Bart?? ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts