What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Week

Bench
I've done some reading of old threads on here. Is it fair to say that one or two of our more knowledgeable posters knew we were cheating the cap?

I recall one particular comment from someone who said the Storm salary cap cheating had a big effect on some.

Noise

Coach
That paints everyone at those meetings in a very bad light. No idea why they are trying to fight their penalties. I wouldn't be surprised if we lose more points.

Bigfella

Coach
What about the Plumber saying "it's off mate" about the recorder. Clearly it was on, Steve.

Talk about a comedy of errors.

This is going to get worse before it gets better.

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
Well at least there is hard fact and evidence in that story unlike the other dribble and opinion pieces that have been written on a daily basis over the past 2 months

Noise

Coach
What about the Plumber saying "it's off mate" about the recorder. Clearly it was on, Steve.

I noticed that too. He is clearly a dumb arse.

I can't believe that you'd have such a conversation with so many people apparently in the room. If I were of a mind to pull off such a swindle, I'd be having one-on-one conversations only. And I'd hope I wouldn't need someone to explain the mechanics of the system to me.

The alleged existence of the undisclosed guarantees on TPAs is not good. But it does sort of explain why so many players were upset at the club about TPA money not arriving.

84 Baby

Referee

I noticed that too. He is clearly a dumb arse.
Um the next quote is from another meeting so it is turned off? If it wasn't turned off Cordwell would have "spoken openly" and he too may have been deregistered

phantom eel

First Grade
who are you and what did you do to Phantom Bart?? ;-)
Just shows you haven't been reading much of what I posted since this story broke... refer to the Salary Cap Compliance vs Salary Cap Limit thread, for example.

(But I'll still on occasion have a dig at Spags and his biggest supporters, since some people are trying to gloss over his role in damaging our club during the years in 3P control ;-).)
Sigh... looks like someone's still leaking?
Fox Sports has obtained a copy of the NRL?s Breach Notice issued to the Parramatta Eels on May 3, which details the tape recordings.

phantom eel

First Grade
tape transcripts said:
SHARP: Doesn’t help when the previous people arrange it and then don’t pay.

The previous people... that can't mean Roy/3P and/or Ken Edwards, can it? :sarcasm:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
That reads as shocking for the whole board, not sure why all of them aren't under the pump???

And it makes the boards defence absolutely laughable, but but but but the other guys did it lol.

That reads as shocking for the whole board, not sure why all of them aren't under the pump???

And it makes the boards defence absolutely laughable, but but but but the other guys did it lol.

The whole lot of them have to go. Not only are the tapes damning but for them to knowingly talk about about it whilst it's been recorded is just absolutely DDDDDUUUUUUMMMMMMBBBBBBB.

Bigfella

Coach
Um the next quote is from another meeting so it is turned off? If it wasn't turned off Cordwell would have "spoken openly" and he too may have been deregistered

Yes the fact that the words "it's off" were transcribed prove it was turned off...

Status
Not open for further replies.