What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantom eel

First Grade
Some of the quotes don't reflect well on Seward:

ISSA: Two years ago everyone came in and hit me and Steve up, and Daniel, when Ricky Stuart left and we took over from Roy. The severity of those were so minimal compared to this that it’s absurd. We had people telling us that we owed blokes like (player’s name REDACTED) or (player’s name REDACTED) or whoever it was $10K or $20K or $30K. Minimal where we could turn around to them and say to a legitimate business do you want the IP address of this player and if you do, it’s going to cost you $30K and we’re going to do a registered TPA. And blokes turned around and said yep I’ve got a business, I’d love this kid to come to my kid’s birthday party, I’d love this guy to do dinner with us, I’ll register a third party, here’s 25K (player’s name REDACTED) you’re done, (player’s name REDACTED) you’re done. How Scott’s done $200K plus a four year deal is beyond belief. But it’s just astonishing and I just don’t know what, how we get out of it, and do (player’s name REDACTED) at $150. They came out in the papers yesterday and said Will Hopoate is owed $150,000 or whatever it is. There was fraudulent conduct conducted previously that we said no to. We said no to Eddie Obeid Junior, we said no to all the ones that were in that dirty laundry where you just turned around and said no. What possessed him to go behind our backs and do it …

GADIEL: Maybe it had something to do with his mentor.
:lol: with Gadiel's comment

Last edited:

Noise

Coach
Um the next quote is from another meeting so it is turned off? If it wasn't turned off Cordwell would have "spoken openly" and he too may have been deregistered

Yes it got turned off afterwards but the fact that he said 'it's off' and he was recorded as saying 'it's off' clearly shows it was not off.

phantom eel

First Grade
This sole extracted quote from the meeting below sounds more like an indecent proposal than cap breaching :lol:

PARRAMATTA EELS BOARD ROOM RECORDING: 17 SEPTEMBER 2015

PAUL GARRARD (CURRENT BOARD MEMBER): I don’t why we are not doing the other thing that we spoke about because we had a discussion in Darwin about it and everyone was committed to doing it and now you are telling me you’re not doing it.
:sarcasm:

eels_fan

First Grade
THE file was simply called the Undisclosed Payment Register.

On it was a list of 25 current and former Parramatta Eels players who were slated to receive a secret payment outside of the NRL’s salary cap.

Obtained off the Parramatta Eels computer system when the NRL forensically examined the Eels football club offices, it also lists a host of businesses and individuals who were directly paying NRL players.

It is the smoking gun that led to the NRL hitting the Eels with the hard line punishment of being docked 12 competition points and fined $1 million.

For the legion of Parramatta Eels fans calling for answers as to why their club has been punished by the NRL, the Undisclosed Payment Register is what’s landed the club in so much hot water.

Like when the Melbourne Storm were caught cheating the salary cap in 2010, it is essentially a second set of books the Eels were running.

No one outside of the club’s powerbrokers was supposed to know of its existence.

Fox Sports has opted to redact the list of names which appears on the Undisclosed Payment Register.

For the five members of the Eels football executive staff attempting to cry foul about “due process” in the Supreme Court case, its emergence is damning.

Along with the secret tapes from the board room meetings, it will place increasing pressure on the five to accept their NRL sanctions.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...p/news-story/ce43577fdcc264c6b4695d4bb1548590

Are you f**king serious. "Undisclosed Payment Register"? Why not call it the 'salary cap rorting register"

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Whilst I find that transcript rather disturbing, I find it more disturbing that Fox have a copy of it.

These leaks are just getting ridiculous. I'd like to hear transcripts from the Broncos or Chooks meetings

Whilst I find that transcript rather disturbing, I find it more disturbing that Fox have a copy of it.

These leaks are just getting ridiculous. I'd like to hear transcripts from the Broncos or Chooks meetings

Do you really think they'd be dumb enough to discuss this at board meetings? And then record it?

Chipmunk

Coach
What exactly did Issa and Serrao have supposed to have done that the other four still in the place haven't done? There is not alot in those transcripts that really indicate those two doing much more than ask questions.

hindmarshisgod

Juniors
Soooooooo i guess we have no hope of the nrl reducing the penalty and our season is pretty much done and dusted??

This is not very exciting anymore.

Parra

Referee
The transcript is a bit of a let down. Incredibly stupid to record and minute this. Apart from the PJ Promotions scam it is light on details, long on suggestions.

That PJ Promotions stuff is damning . So is this "Undisclosed Payment Register". Damning and dumb.

Why the hell does this stuff have to be leaked to the media all the time? What weasel(s) think this is clever strategy. It is cowardice from both people in our club and the NRL.

Stagger eel

Staff member
What exactly did Issa and Serrao have supposed to have done that the other four still in the place haven't done? There is not alot in those transcripts that really indicate those two doing much more than ask questions.

Wait until the emails are leaked :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.