What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

hindy111

Post Whore
We have no reason to release him this year if our season is done, is what I'm saying.

Would be unfair to others teams thou having to play a team not cap compliant. Atleast now its level playing field. We can all sleep at night. The NRL is back to a level playing field

Last Week

Bench
Mate i am fist pumping for Panthers and Swan and GWS.
We can not all be as Loyal supporters as you. . . I did show my respect and went to the game on friday but to retain any interest in the 2016 season i will keep a close eye on panthers.

BTW are we not as good supporters if we follow more then one sport? Im good at multi tasking. Is it to difficult for you to follow more then one thing at once?

Does this mean you're f**king off then?

strider

Post Whore
So looking at the spreadsheet ... the one titled 2015, there are 2 sides - the left is titled TPA - i cant make out the right title - MPA? ... the values in the right are less than the left

I assume the list of names is alphabetical order ... so the last row is very large values - assume its Watmough.

The 2017 column seems to have a total about $450K ... assuming watmough is the bottom row with a value about 225k then hopefully that goes away and these dodgy TPAs are only gonna add about 225k on the cap for 2017

So i am convinced the 2nd side is MPA ... which i assume stands for Marquee Player Allowance

the marquee things are perfectly legit

So who is to say everything in this spreadseet is dodgy? ... of course it may well be :lol:

emjaycee

Coach
The Premiership Club still exists and its CEO is former Parramatta Lord Mayor John Chedid.
The stated purpose of the Premiership Club is for Western Sydney businesses, entrepeneurs, etc. to network with each other and with local sporting icons. From what I was told about 12 months ago, there is a $30k entry fee for businesses.

The unstated purpose is probably as per the transcripts, however as recently as 2 months ago, the Premiership Club had reportedly not successfully introduced a company/business to a player manager for a TPA (according to what I was told).

yy_cheng

Coach
So i am convinced the 2nd side is MPA ... which i assume stands for Marquee Player Allowance

the marquee things are perfectly legit

So who is to say everything in this spreadseet is dodgy? ... of course it may well be :lol:

for 2018s, we have Scottt, Watmough, Jennings, Semi and Foran (don;t know if this new or old contract)

Agree Watmough is the last one. THe other one that goes to 2018 could be Semi or Scott but I would say Semi as there is no Marquee allowance. Scott is probably the one below it. R then S

The one in the middle towards 2017 is maybe Mannah

Last Week

Bench
The Premiership Club still exists and its CEO is former Parramatta Lord Mayor John Chedid.
The stated purpose of the Premiership Club is for Western Sydney businesses, entrepeneurs, etc. to network with each other and with local sporting icons. From what I was told about 12 months ago, there is a $30k entry fee for businesses.

The unstated purpose is probably as per the transcripts, however as recently as 2 months ago, the Premiership Club had reportedly not successfully introduced a company/business to a player manager for a TPA (according to what I was told).

Sounds like the Premiership club is an utter failure then.

Isn't this Premiership club the same thing as the Thoroughbreds that the Broncos had? Connecting the dots, I'm guessing this is what Kate McClymont's article was about. I.e Bag Men.

Last edited:

phantom eel

First Grade
And... here's Jarryd and his manager's contribution to our cap breach woes, to the tune of almost $500K :?.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...l/news-story/f583b18040ca7626d3dc5eeff44e18cf

157f1506d3743e3a9d8b13c108c7f62c

Jarryd Hayne was the beneficiary of secret payments orchestrated by the Parramatta Eels, all hidden from the NRL

EXCLUSIVE Phil Rothfield and Nick TabakoffThe Daily Telegraph

THE Parramatta Eels secretly arranged almost $500,000 in deals for failed NFL *convert Jarryd Hayne since 2013, according to new *revelations in an NRL breach notice against the club.
Official documents and boardroom minutes show a trail of salary cap discrepancies in the star full-back’s third party deals with the club from 2013 to 2015, cash payments, first class overseas travel and car expenses *adding up to $465,000 — all hidden from the NRL.
On an extraordinary day in which Hayne quit a US gridiron career to chase Olympic Gold with Fiji’s Rugby Sevens team, the full findings of the notice against the Eels revealed:
* In a June 2015 meeting, board member Tanya Gadiel talks about the “f-word” — alleged “fraud” — in relation to one of the club’s many third party deals;
* The board and senior management is actively aware in multiple meetings about many individual illegal third party deals. For example, in December 2013, *several members actively discuss the fact that the club had entered into a “side arrangement” with Hayne that was likely to be in breach of *salary cap rules;
* In a June 2015 meeting, another board member Andrew Cordwell instructs the tape recorder be switched off when the group is in discussion about former Test forward Anthony Watmough and a third-party deal;
* The club compiled an *undisclosed payments register in late 2013 and early 2014, which featured details of illegal commitments for multiple years; and
* At one board meeting *former CEO Scott Seward compares the club’s salary cap crisis to other clubs’ past scandals, claiming it is “not the Bulldogs and it’s not the Melbourne Storm”.
The revelations follow a two-month NRL forensic audit that was prompted by a Daily Telegraph series of investigations that first established systematic cheating of the salary cap at the club.
Official documents and board room minutes show Hayne was secretly paid $465,000 which was officially recorded on a heads of agreement letter but never reported in the salary cap.
Legitimate third-party payments to players must be done on an arm’s length basis from the club. It is a breach of the salary cap rules if a club makes a payment on behalf of third parties.
There are no suggestions Hayne was aware his payments were contrary to NRL rules or that Hayne has done anything wrong.
The bombshell revelations are part of the official NRL breach notice that has already cost the Parramatta Eels 12 competition points this season, forced Watmough into retirement and sent highly- rated hooker Nathan Peats to the Gold Coast Titans.
The documents show Hayne was guaranteed $15,000 in 2013, $225,000 in 2014 and $225,000 in 2015. Hayne announced his NRL retirement to pursue an NFL career in October, 2014.
The money was paid in various ways but a secret *recording from Parramatta board minutes obtained by the integrity unit reveal he did not fulfil some sponsorship agreements and failed to turn up to some functions that were part of his deals.
Also, a car payment of $15,000 was made in 2014.
There was another $15,000 in travel expenses to Seattle where Hayne flew — in first class — that was paid for by the club but not *disclosed in the salary cap.
In December 2014, Parramatta Leagues Club transferred Hayne $52,000 — $26,000 of that amount to his manager Wayne Beavis and the other half to a company called JH Promotion.
The breach notice also shows an awareness of the general rorting of the cap at the club. At one point in the June 2015 board transcripts, Gadiel talks about a payment made by a third party to Watmough, which was paid by the club through inflated invoices. Chairman Steve Sharp said the club was effectively paying the deal: “So she was going to increase her charges to us. So we are paying the third party deal.”
But Gadiel said: “Sorry, that’s the f-word, that’s fraud isn’t it. That is fraud.”
The documents show from the time of the appointment of Seward as CEO in September 2013, he was approached by player agents concerning payments that the club had committed to but remained unpaid.
The following discussion took place at a board meeting on December 10, 2013 to discuss the money owed to players but undeclared to the NRL following an approach by Beavis about a payment.
SEWARD: The consequences are enormous if we stuff it up, because it is what it is. It’s supposed to be arm’s length; it’s actually supposed to have nothing to do with us. So we’ve just got to make sure we do it the right way.
STEVE SHARP: Melbourne stuffed it up.
SEWARD: Melbourne stuffed it up, Canterbury stuffed it up, you know that’s ...
UNKNOWN: It’s important we do it right.
SEWARD: It’s important we do it right.
UNKNOWN: Because Jarryd is a real concern ...
SEWARD: Jarryd is a *massive concern ...
The breach notice shows another six players, including Tim Mannah, Fui-Fui Moimoi and Chris Sandow, had third party deals not declared. There is no suggestion these players were aware their deals breached the rules or have done anything wrong.

eels_fan

First Grade
Well maybe the NRL will let us out him on the books for $300k given he was already paid $500k extra.....

Avenger

Immortal
People need to realise that despite the media driven cramp we have substantially freed plenty of money for 2017. I hear someone is available. Enter the Plane.

Gronk

Staff member
Why are we at risk of losing more points? The transcripts are lifted from the breach notice. The NRL have already taken them into account when they passed down their preliminary findings.

If the NRL leaked the 60 page notice to the media it's a f**king scandal.

People need to realise that despite the media driven cramp we have substantially freed plenty of money for 2017. I hear someone is available. Enter the Plane.

I know Jarryd wants to come back to the eels but do you think the NRL will let him? It will be like the whole Folau situation all over again.

Avenger

Immortal
I know Jarryd wants to come back to the eels but do you think the NRL will let him? It will be like the whole Folau situation all over again.

Yes mate. Most people on here think that the person in front of them is following them. Don't be one of those people, Jake. His return will be the most anticipated event of 2017.

Gronk

Staff member
The media are still pushing the Roosters link. From what I have seen from Hayne over the past 18 months he does nothing but laugh at them.

For mine he will give the Eels every opportunity to sign him and he won't price himself beyond reach.

Avenger

Immortal
The media are still pushing the Roosters link. From what I have seen from Hayne over the past 18 months he does nothing but laugh at them.

For mine he will give the Eels every opportunity to sign him and he won't price himself beyond reach.

Exactly. Everytime previously he was off contract it was the Dogs now the Roosters. They just make shit up and don't understand the man's loyalty.

Gronk

Staff member
Exactly. Everytime previously he was off contract it was the Dogs now the Roosters. They just make shit up and don't understand the man's loyalty.

He is loyal 100%. Even now he still refers to "us" and "we".

I'd say that he would prefer to play for the Waratahs or OS rugby than sign for another NRL club if we can't afford him.

strider

Post Whore
I think he would probably like to come back to parra, but i think its also clear he required sufficient payment .... the 225k per season identified in the docs ontop of the million odd he was getting paid officially shows that

We are gonna have to figure out some legal TPAs for a change

Avenger

Immortal
Hayne already has more than enough third party agreements. Under Armour, Telstra, adidas to name a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.