What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just reading through the leaked NRL breach,ive got to say if this was another team i would be crying in laughter.Are these really the people running our club.

it reads more like,
you got the stuff.
what stuff.
oh the COCAINE
Oh yes i have the COCAINE
we should prob use a differernt name for it.
are we recording this umm no...yes...ill just turn it off.

Yep. Safe to say they're not hardened crims. A bunch of random primary school kids would do a better job.

ash411

Bench
Seriously is it time to get the 100 signatures? How hard can it be?

Apparently the clubs act changed the rule, it's now 5 or 10% of the total membership base that have voting rights, not just 100 people.

So, I don't know how many voting eligible members the PLC has (I imagine a lot), but it's 5-10% of that number. I'm going guess it's in the thousands.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
He is loyal 100%. Even now he still refers to "us" and "we".

I'd say that he would prefer to play for the Waratahs or OS rugby than sign for another NRL club if we can't afford him.

His manager said on the BSB this morning Hayne doesn't make decisions based on money and he is playing for nothing for the Fiji 7's side ( obviously he has substantial sponsor deals)

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Haynes manager said this morning that the Hayne TPA's details reported are factually incorrect and can't make any further comments as it is a legal matter.

How does thst work, exactly?

Weren't we fined and docked 12 points because we won 12 points with an illegal squad?

Ergo, if we're playing for 0 points, we have already been punished (especially if we get compliant for 2017) - or so I thought...

They could simply make that part of their final penalty, or bring a new charge. They can say 'if you intentionally play out the 2016 season without getting under the cap, we'll take that amount of your 2017 cap (or whatever)'. We have (had) the opportunity to get under the cap. If we'd simply ignored them and played the season out without trying to re-organise, they could easily take the overspend off 2017.

ash411

Bench
You don't pull the trigger unless you have a plan in place.

Our previous "anyone but the incumbents" has not worked twice now.

Agreed, this one needs to be done right.

how we are going to get qualified people to actually want to do the job is beyond me, but it's what we need.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Hayne already has more than enough third party agreements. Under Armour, Telstra, adidas to name a few.

But he gets those irregardless of which club he signs for. If he signs for the Roosters he gets all this other TPA money on top. Irregardless.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The Club has nothing to gain by leaking the breach notice to the media. Unless one 'rogue' board member has released this information (I doubt it).

And yes, it is time to clean house, but I fear with cleaning house in this instance, you will only see the return of old faces, rather than new blood.

Unless there's been a significant influx of new leagues club members eligible to vote, we still have the same bunch of merkins aligned with the same old factions.

Gronk

Staff member
Unless there's been a significant influx of new leagues club members eligible to vote, we still have the same bunch of merkins aligned with the same old factions.

And trust me there are 1,000s of old merkins who want the ball fed into the middle of the scrum like the old days and want fitzy back.

Chipmunk

Coach
I didn't ask about the club chipmunk.

Sorry, didn't read properly.

Forcing the Incompetent Five's hand so that they just walk away so that this matter can be closed. The last thing the NRL wants is for this to drag on for months.

ash411

Bench
Forcing the Incompetent Five's hand so that they just walk away so that this matter can be closed.

You think if they walk it'll all just go away?

They're already suspended, once the NRL makes the de-registrations official there'll be no need to walk.

But he gets those irregardless of which club he signs for. If he signs for the Roosters he gets all this other TPA money on top. Irregardless.

that's how it works in theory but if a player is getting a tpa then decides to shift clubs and the tpa provider decides to stop sponsoring them how can you prove it's because they left that club? you can't

eel01s

Bench
What an unbelievable bunch on incompetent fools we have had on the board and in senior management. You wouldn't believe it if it was a movie.

Is it just me or should the PNRL board only be looking at regulatory, financial, NRL and sponsorship issues? You know, strategic stuff? They are responsible for putting the right people in for the CEO and senior management and overseeing their performance. Senior management should be chasing sponsors, hiring coaches, managing the Cap, looking after members etc.

My point is that we need to elect qualified people with different skill sets to the board. This board should be different to the PLC board ( maybe have one or two common members). The actual running of the football club should be left to management. It is easier to hire (and fire) people at this level rather than having to wait until the next election. If you have a competent CEO and management team the Board wouldn't have to do that much. As it stands, the Board controls everything and this is why the factions fight so hard to gain control. The Board should really only be there to ensure "good governance" and that the club is in a healthy position.

Dibs

Bench
You think if they walk it'll all just go away?

They're already suspended, once the NRL makes the de-registrations official there'll be no need to walk.

no but there will be a need to run as a lynch mob chases them out of town

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts