What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
My View.

Extract 10 December 2013

Shows Seward and the Board discussing the formation of a Chairman's club. That TPA are to be Arms length and that under Ken Edwards a Contract was written confirming a TPA which is illegal.

Extract from February 14, 2014 discusses the formation of the Premiership club and that it would seem until the club had that group finalised Sharpe and Seward were making progress with discussions about players being sponsored. That Sharp and Seward should not be the ones to discuss the TPA and that John

Steve Moss is spoken about, I assume that is a relative of Bill

PARRAMATTA EELS BOARD ROOM RECORDING: March 2014 (apparently the whole meeting)

Seward and Boulous discussing that the Board should not discuss the Premiership club any more as it is a third party and should have noting to do with the club.

The Board Seward and Boulous believe the premiership club sales close to the wind but that it was legal and was not like the Storm and the Bulldogs.

BOARD ROOM RECORDING: 26 March 2014 (apparently the whole meeting)

Anderson talking about changing a players contract to get him a TPA and reduce his contract at the club is to my mind against the cap rules.

The Rest of the discussion is about getting 30 or So TPA's via the Premiership club and making it work.

When asked who is in Charge of TPA's they say it is John. But what does that mean, Does he forward requests for sponsors of players to the Premiership club for them to deal with?

All of this is Before the set up of the Premiership Club as announced above in 2nd of July 2014

The next recording is from June 2015, 11 days after Scott Seward "Steeped down" from the Club.

PARRAMATTA EELS BOARD ROOM RECORDING: 25 June 2015

f**k ME

It is more than obvious in the first part of this recording that Scott Seward did a Deal with a person form PJ Promotions, In which the club paid her $250,000 for her work and she paid $200,000 to the Player as a TPA and the board members and Anderson as Saying the didn't know about it.

I then goes on to Talk about if this is a registered TPA and if not can it be replaced with a legitimate one. Then Issa talks about the way TPA's were done before he came in, saying that Board members would sort out deals with peoples Businesses to get a playr to a Party or to have dinner with a group of people for $25,000 or $30,000.

Then Tania Smack talks about Seward and his Mentor (My guess is Greenburg) after Cordwell talks about a 4 year deal + 200K TPA's with a player that Seward organised

Then Cordwell asks for the record to be turned off because my guess is he was going to Rant about Seward and didn't want that recorded.

PARRAMATTA EELS BOARD ROOM RECORDING: 26 August 2015

Gethro asking if the Premiership club (one can only assume that is what he is talking about) has gotten any TPA's

17 September 2015

Talk about a phone investigation of Jason Irvin's Phone, and the club Laywer and CEO suggest not needing to and to let "sleeping dogs lie" and move on

Further on that date.

Paul Garrard asking why the club was not doing the other thing they spoke of in Darwin. This could be anything.

phantom eel

First Grade
So. . . .

The Premiership club, that rang true for me. Something I remembered was set up and then pulled later.

http://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2014/07/02/eels_announce_the_premiership_club.html

And this

Now I also remember in the 2015 election, Denis's Ticket had a Video of he and a Former Board member asking about what happened with this Club and Why Moss was not involved.

More research as I read the "Extracts"
Looks like after the Premiership Club folded... the Business Club opened up under John Boulous' watch?

http://www.parraeels.com.au/corporate/business_club.html

Doesn't look like a small/medium business gets much for their $82.50 per month/$990 per year... a sticker and key ring, a link in an online directory, one invitation to a networking function, 15% off at the merch shop, and 2x B&G Army memberships :crazy:

Personally if the Premiership club is involved with getting sponsors for players and all the club does is send those requests on to the Premiership club. As long as they are not guaranteed by the club then I believe their should be no issue.

Has the club cheated, I am not sure but it would appear Seward had full intentions to cheat by getting a contractor at the club to pay a TPA through their business.

hindy111

Post Whore
Mate i am fist pumping for Panthers and Swan and GWS.
We can not all be as Loyal supporters as you. . . I did show my respect and went to the game on friday but to retain any interest in the 2016 season i will keep a close eye on panthers.

BTW are we not as good supporters if we follow more then one sport? Im good at multi tasking. Is it to difficult for you to follow more then one thing at once?

Forty20

First Grade
It looks like they danced on a knife's edge (varying degrees of gray etc) until June 25, 2015 at which point it just becomes a full blown clown fiesta.

Looks like after the Premiership Club folded... the Business Club opened up under John Boulous' watch?

http://www.parraeels.com.au/corporate/business_club.html

Doesn't look like a small/medium business gets much for their $82.50 per month/$990 per year... a sticker and key ring, a link in an online directory, one invitation to a networking function, 15% off at the merch shop, and 2x B&G Army memberships :crazy:

I think that is a Business Membership, where as the Premiership club would be a separate Business Networking Club that could not offer seats to games or the like as that would break the rules.

phantom eel

First Grade
Here's where the Premiership Club seems to (publically) run aground...

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...tball-at-parramatta-eels-20150130-132m6x.html

Bill Moss again a victim of political football at Parramatta Eels

Date January 31, 2015

Adrian Proszenko

Chief Rugby League Reporter

There are fears Parramatta politics could turn Bill Moss away from the club once and for all after the brakes were applied to his ambitious "Premiership Club" project.
Moss, a former Macquarie Bank executive and lifelong Eels fan, had hoped to launch the not-for-profit organisation at the end of this month as part of his vision to bring the big end of town to the blue and golds.
The venture was set up to create business networking opportunities for the region as part of a quest to break a premiership drought spanning nearly three decades.
While several Eels officials are behind the project and readily endorse it, others are paying it lip service or even working against it due to fears it could threaten their own power base.
Tensions are already heightened in the corridors of power about the looming Parramatta Leagues Club elections, as evidenced by the feud between the famous Grothe footballing family and the current regime.
It is one of many political rifts at the club, such as the decision to abandon the Parramatta District Rugby League Club elections after the entity was placed into voluntary administration.
Those favouring the status quo are also concerned about the formation of rebel tickets for the upcoming polls, which are likely to be held in April.
Directors sitting on the football and leagues club boards are ineligible to sit on The Premiership Club board. Sources have confirmed that rather than welcoming the independence of the new entity, some directors are questioning if their influence would be weakened should it become a success.

strider

Post Whore
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...p/news-story/ce43577fdcc264c6b4695d4bb1548590

Are you f**king serious. "Undisclosed Payment Register"? Why not call it the 'salary cap rorting register"

So looking at the spreadsheet ... the one titled 2015, there are 2 sides - the left is titled TPA - i cant make out the right title - MPA? ... the values in the right are less than the left

I assume the list of names is alphabetical order ... so the last row is very large values - assume its Watmough.

The 2017 column seems to have a total about $450K ... assuming watmough is the bottom row with a value about 225k then hopefully that goes away and these dodgy TPAs are only gonna add about 225k on the cap for 2017

hindy111

Post Whore
It looks like they danced on a knife's edge (varying degrees of gray etc) until June 25, 2015 at which point it just becomes a full blown clown fiesta.

:lol: Mad cheaters Why did the NRL not wipe us out for the full season?

hindy111

Post Whore
Peter Peters claims that they still will, when the final decision is handed down on 2 June... :crazy:

And rightfully so. Shocking. And the final knife and bullet to the head will be when Hayne announces his Multi Million dollar deal with the Roosters.

This is going to Shake the club up big time!

hindy111

Post Whore
Parramatta had a farm - E i e i oh
And on that farm they had - Steve sharp boulas anderson and co
With a TPA here and a TPA there. Cash over here and a new sponsor there
Sign guy tpa sign guy tpa
Parramatta had a farm e i e i o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts