What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
He said that Privatisation is the way to go.

yeah it did wonders for the knights :roll:
for privatisation to work you need someone like rusty who is in it because they love the club not someone after a big payday who will jump ship when they start losing money

Chipmunk

Coach
I don't think they would leak it.

I don't subscribe to the "The NRL has a secret agenda to <insert agenda thing here>" theory.

As has been suggested here, the DT probably has someone at the NRL in their pocket, slipping them cash for anything they can leak, it would explain a lot of the NRL leaks that have been happening.

Well....How is this not leaked by the NRL?

To be honest I'd be surprised if any more than a few people at the NRL had access to the breach notice.

Last edited:

Kornstar

Coach
None of this is funny to me anymore. It's just shit piled on top of shit at this point.

Are you serious? This is the funniest shit ever. You couldn't script some of this stuff.

Friday night proved the season is over so who cares what happens from here. Just cop the punishment for the massive amounts of cheating this club has done and move onto 2017 when hopefully we can start fresh and clean.

Dibs

Bench
Sharp
Moss' intelligence would have intimidated him

Can a chairmen sack an elected board member? F*cked if I know how it works I've never been involved with a board except the time I rode a wave on one

yy_cheng

Coach
Can a chairmen sack an elected board member? F*cked if I know how it works I've never been involved with a board except the time I rode a wave on one

They could gang up on him making him feel that he is bashing his head on the wall and say this is a effing waste of time

ash411

Bench
Well....How is this not leaked by the NRL?

To be honest I'd be surprised if any more than a few people at the NRL had access to the breach notice.

Ok, I didn't say that they didn't leak the information, I said I didn't think they would.

Stop putting words in my mouth.

cv8z

Juniors

they can certainly make it hard for you so continue being a board member if you don't toe the line

cv8z

Juniors
I find it remarkable that Sharp sat there at the AGM and lied to the members who attended.
Something is quite not right upstairs

Dibs

Bench
Are you serious? This is the funniest shit ever. You couldn't script some of this stuff.

Friday night proved the season is over so who cares what happens from here. Just cop the punishment for the massive amounts of cheating this club has done and move onto 2017 when hopefully we can start fresh and clean.

I hope you're right mate. I've been prepared to right off this season since we were stripped of points and concentrate on next season. However I am worried this will set us back years. Can we retain the players we need to? Can we attract players we want? Can we find legitimate tpas to compete with teams like the roosters & Broncos? Will Brad Arthur stay around and rebuild or get poached by some other team?
It may be the pessimist in me but right now I feel like we are no better off than when Kearney took over. We have a lot of players off contract and haven't been able to sign any up yet. Makes me concerned that we will head down the Carl Webb, Chris walker path again

Dibs

Bench
They could gang up on him making him feel that he is bashing his head on the wall and say this is a effing waste of time

And that's how we end up here cause then he goes to the nrl or the media with minutes from meetings and secret recordings saying look what these merkins are doing. How f*cken dumb are these merkins

84 Baby

Referee
yeah it did wonders for the knights :roll:
for privatisation to work you need someone like rusty who is in it because they love the club not someone after a big payday who will jump ship when they start losing money
People need to stop taking the Knights model as the blueprint for all privatisations. Trust me that was doomed before it was signed over. Was built on paper, not plastic. Trying to own a sports team isn't what 'bankrupted' Tinkler. Plus there's no big payday if the club then goes down gurgler. Unless the zombipocalyspe reanimates Alan Bond

84 Baby

Referee
And that's how we end up here cause then he goes to the nrl or the media with minutes from meetings and secret recordings saying look what these merkins are doing. How f*cken dumb are these merkins
I think it's now obvious we need to get all merkins on same page or completely isolate them from the club. Problem is how do you get people like Fitzy to either stop thinking he's king shit or get his tentacles away from people at the club.
Really our new directors only need 3 things, know the rules, know how to hire the right CEO & then be friendly with all club stakeholders (members, fans, NRL, outside powerbrokers & most importantly rich fans, but nothing untoward of course :sarcasm:)

Status
Not open for further replies.