What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

emjaycee

Coach
no

all my 80,000 odd post mention him

So while I may have exaggerated your use of his name in your total posts, you certainly have a tendency to use his name in most of your posts regarding our salary cap drama's.

Is there a reason for this?

El Diablo

Post Whore
So while I may have exaggerated your use of his name in your total posts, you certainly have a tendency to use his name in most of your posts regarding our salary cap drama's.

Is there a reason for this?

he's a merkin of a person who should have been drowned at birth

Basil Brush

Juniors
Can anybody name 1 good thing Grant has done for the game? He seems like a bloke only in the role for his own self interest.

Does he even follow the game?

What were his gaffe's when announcing the kangaroos side that time?

Merkin of the highest order.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He got rid of Smith just to keep news happy, then rushed through the TV deal 12 months early just so he could keep his job. Who cares that fox payed SFA more with 8 games just so he could pay whining Club CEO's that money early to keep his job. Then he hires that grub Greenburg to keep News limited happy, he is an incompetent joke that has done absolutely nothing to move the game forwards.

phantom eel

First Grade
So 15 already on contract means we only have to re-sign/find/promote 10 more players for 2017.... and there are 9 off contract as per below.

Surely we don't ahve to keep paying Watmough's dodgy TPA if he's medically retired - it should be removed from our 2017 cap allowing us to buy in one more player (ok, maybe not on Hayne salary but still...).

OFF CONTRACT
Michael Gordon - keep (cheap #1 option)
Danny Wicks - keep (cheap front row option)
Isaac De Gois - keep (cheap #9 option)
Vai Toutai - keep (cheap backup)
Corey Norman - keep (expensive halves option)
Cameron King - not essential (will have two hookers in top 25)
Luke Kelly - not essential (but cheap)
James Hasson - never heard of him (sign him up cheap!)
Mitch Cornish - not essential (but we'd keep either him or kelly)

yy_cheng

Coach
13221643_10209652947221898_680197792564962066_n.jpg

Last Week

Bench
He got rid of Smith just to keep news happy, then rushed through the TV deal 12 months early just so he could keep his job. Who cares that fox payed SFA more with 8 games just so he could pay whining Club CEO's that money early to keep his job. Then he hires that grub Greenburg to keep News limited happy, he is an incompetent joke that has done absolutely nothing to move the game forwards.

I was one of Grants and the Commissions biggest fans, but the TV deal and losing Dave Smith has lost me. I can't defend them any more.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...e/news-story/351905aa4a5da3eda6f7042090354f5e

Parramatta chairman Steve Sharp vows to clear his name

The Australian
May 19, 2016 12:00AM
Brent Read
Senior sports writer
Sydney

Suspended Parramatta chairman Steve Sharp has sent an emotional email to fellow club chairmen vowing to fight to clear his name and lambasting the NRL for allowing the Eels to be “bashed, abused and virtually destroyed”.

Sharp, whose place at the helm of the club has come under threat following revelations of massive salary cap breaches over the past four years, said events of recent weeks had also prompted him to question his love for the game.

With Sharp currently forbidden from being involved in the day-to-day activities of the football club, fellow director Geoff Gerard is expected to represent the Eels at today’s meeting of club bosses in Sydney.

Sharp, however, felt the need to send a message to the remaining chairmen in an email that indicated he had come to grips with the realisation that his time as chairman of the club was over.

“Over the past three years I have had the pleasure of working with you all to achieve a fair and justifiable position in the game for all clubs,” Sharp wrote.

“Each of you show passion and dedication for your club/organisation above and beyond standard logic. You all would have heard, seen or read the issues which have engulfed the Eels, of which I maintain my innocence and will fight to my dying breath to clear my name.

“The toll it has taken on my family sickens me to the core. I have loved the game for over 50 years, however the events of the past few weeks have left me wondering why. The fact that the NRL has stood by and allowed one of its clubs be bashed, abused and virtually destroyed by the media also makes me wonder why.

“I write this email not as the chairman of the Eels but as Steve Sharp the person and wish you all the best for the rest of the season and beyond. Finally I thank you all for your friendship over the past three years. It is something I will always value.”

Sharp’s email to chairmen came as one of the club’s current board members defended her role in the saga. Tanya Gadiel, formerly the state member for Parramatta, said she remained committed to the club and the formulation of its response to the NRL’s breach notice.

Gadiel also reiterated the NRL investigation into the club had cleared her to remain a director and defended her decision to temporarily stand down from the board of NSW Health to concentrate on helping the Eels.

“I take my responsibilities as a board director very seriously, and the minutes which are subject to the leak demonstrate that,” Gadiel said. “The current National Rugby League salary cap investigation into the Parramatta Eels has made no negative findings in relation to my role as a board member at the Parramatta Eels.

“Notwithstanding that, I had a conversation with the Andrew Keegan, chair of the Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health district yesterday — a position I have occupied for almost five years — and offered to stand aside temporarily from my duties until the Eels matter is resolved. It is clear there is a spiteful campaign on foot and I don’t have any desire to put myself above any organisation I have the honour of serving in a board role.

“I remain committed to ensuring the club, my fellow directors and staff named in the breach notice are afforded due process.

“The preliminary findings are being responded to appropriately by our legal team, and I believe the response will be illuminating for the NRL.

“I trust they will consider the club’s response very carefully, unimpaired by the relentless media speculation and commentary.”

While Gadiel fights to clear the club, a host of player agents are expected to come under scrutiny as the NRL continues the investigation into payments to players.

Prominent agent Wayne Beavis, who looks after Jarryd Hayne, is expected to come under the microscope.

The Australian understands Beavis has been reducing his client list, although he is believed to have told people it has nothing to do with the Eels investigation.

hindy111

Post Whore
Well the magical spreadsheets printed recently had about $465k total in the 2017 column ... i assume they saw that and rounded it up to 500k for a good story

About 225k of that seemed to be choc ... i'm not believing they will include that - but who knows

Also, do we know everything in the spreadsheet is dodgy?

Of course it would count - If Scott - Foran and Jennings had money that is now deemed part of the cap and not a legit TPA it will go under the cap.That is just common sense really is it not?
The problem we have is if anyone would want to take over some TPA's now. We need i guess a mircale. A rich buissness man to come in and bank roll us for nothing more then the love of the team.
The only way i can see it is if we started a group like the ONE eyed eel. Set up a fund and have fans donate money for TPAS. Aslong as you could promote it a little better then they did and have people throwing in between $2-$20 you could raise a heap.
How would it work passing around a collection box at games? I am sure of your 12,000 fans most would throw in an average of $5.... Thats $60k a game. 3-4 home games and we could organize quite a bit.

Seriously if we also get f**ked on the hoppa deal and lose another 200k off cap we may as well fold up or try and play in the super league.
I will be off league for good.f**k that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts