What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantom eel

First Grade
Well media aside, I hope what the NRL are after now are the player managers. The way the leaks seem to indicate that player managers interact with clubs regarding contracts and TPAs does not seem ideal... and there appears room for the NRL to step up regulation and compliance measures in that area.

EelsFan05

Bench
His email is to chairmen of other clubs ... any merkin could have given it to the media

and tbh if he sent it thinking it would be kept secret then he's kidding himself

infact something makes me think maybe this was his roundabout way of making a public comment about it without making a public comment about it, although maybe thats giving him too much credit?

Fair enough. I thought it was sent internally.

Well media aside, I hope what the NRL are after now are the player managers. The way the leaks seem to indicate that player managers interact with clubs regarding contracts and TPAs does not seem ideal... and there appears room for the NRL to step up regulation and compliance measures in that area.

will they bother? the nrl salary cap policing system seems to be do nothing then when a whistleblower drops all the evidence in your lap toss out a penalty then go back to sleep

it's becoming apparent that some teams have a massive advantage over others due to sourcing more TPAs but what is the nrl doing to address it? not a damn thing

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yes, and it is quite vague about the extent to which part of this amount would actually be covered under the Marquee allowance.

The MPA is just essentially part of the cap that is nominally paid by third party sponsors. However, it is capped and guaranteed by the club, so it's no different from the rest of the cap. I wondered what the point of it was (why not just increase the cap by $600k?) until I realised it's just a way for the elite players and managers to claim plausible deniability - "Yes I was paid (up to $600k) by the club because my TPA fell over. That's my portion of the MPA. I have done no wrong."

The MPA is just essentially part of the cap that is nominally paid by third party sponsors. However, it is capped and guaranteed by the club, so it's no different from the rest of the cap. I wondered what the point of it was (why not just increase the cap by $600k?) until I realised it's just a way for the elite players and managers to claim plausible deniability - "Yes I was paid (up to $600k) by the club because my TPA fell over. That's my portion of the MPA. I have done no wrong."

Yeh I know. But what we don't know is which TPA deals were already notionally being treated as part of the MPA.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'm sure the NRL and the club know. Possibly the media too. However it's not in anyone's interests (especially not the media) to clarify this sort of thing.

eel01s

Bench
FFS just roll up ALL penalties into this season so we start next year on a clean slate. The Storm and Bulldogs were only penalized for the next season.

muznik

Juniors
OK now Im even more confused...is the NRL being vindictive cause the Go5 didn't just roll over? Or are the media just making stuff up ?

Watmough - retired - HTF can his 3rd party deal still be included in 2017 ?
Jennings - I thought his Nike TPA was arranged at Roosters ? Is there another one??
Foran - I thought his TPA was already included in our cap, you know the one we were $200k under until NRL decided to "Bubba" us.

Aus_Dog

Juniors
We have been portrayed by the media as criminals, yes we probably have cheated, yes we deserve some punishment but again it's been trial by media.

It is f**king relentless, like a dog without a bone, they have no let up for one minute over the past month, anyone would think we have been caught for numerous murders.

I don't know what it is, but everyone involved in the media have looked like they have enjoyed every single bit of this. Agenda driven? Probably, but it's like people like Kent, Massoud, Rothfield etc get a kick out of it.

Do we sell papers? Of course, do people hate Parramatta? Maybe, all I know is that it is starting to really get to me now, no one talks about footy anymore, anything foot related involves Parramatta and salary cap rorting.

The NRL have gotten what they want, sucked us all in on Friday, gave us all a bullshit glimmer of hope and then bam, all over.

I feel sorry for the players and Arthur more and more each day, don't know how they show up to training with a smile of their face, just shows one thing, that we are very lucky to have such a close playing and coaching group.

Welcome to the world of the Bulldogs supporter circa 2002-2004.

All you can do is stick by the players on the field and hope for future success. It's amazing when it happens. Being at ANZ stadium when beat the Roosters in the 04 Grand Final is still one of the highlights of my life.

I tuned out to the media barrage most of that year and just enjoyed the success on the field

emjaycee

Coach
I think you will find that MPA's differ from TPA's as they CAN be provided by a sponsor and guaranteed by the club.

Stevie

Bench
As a fan, I just want to have a little certainty about where we are headed. That's been the most stressful part of all this. If this season is in fact gone let it be gone and focus on next year, but now we are talking about next year essentially being gone also as we start the year 500k down.
Has having Ian Schubert ACTUALLY helped us? I don't know... But at this stage it doesn't appear so.
By having SO much uncertainty they are killy the game for anyone to do with our club, the fans, staff, and certainly any player considering being a part of our club.

Status
Not open for further replies.