What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

strider

Post Whore
So who approached him to be interim ceo if at least one board member has such a low opinion of him?

phantom eel

First Grade
Yes, everybody must beware... These guys will try and present themselves as unaligned, but don't believe it.

We don't need an EGM right now, there's no reason for it other than people's political ambitions. We simply need the NRL to endorse three independent directors in August as planned through the previous governance review, and that (new) Board can take things forward from there.

Can you imagine if Sharp gets his puppets from filthyspammers on the board? It will be absolute chaos. People would still want bring them down due to their links and support to the current disgraceful board.

I've been saying this for ages before this shit started.... THE Only way forward is an independent board locked in for a period of time with no elections so we have stability.

emjaycee

Coach
Can you imagine if Sharp gets his puppets from filthyspammers on the board? It will be absolute chaos. People would still want bring them down due to their links and support to the current disgraceful board.

I've been saying this for ages before this shit started.... THE Only way forward is an independent board locked in for a period of time with no elections so we have stability.

The OTHER way forward is to elect people with unbending integrity who are willing to sacrifice their time and use their experience and knowledge to better the club and not their own personal interests, whatever those interests may be.

Gronk

Staff member

Hold on. The SMH article points to Spags puppets.

fry-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

El Diablo

Post Whore

#bringbackspags

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The OTHER way forward is to elect people with unbending integrity who are willing to sacrifice their time and use their experience and knowledge to better the club and not their own personal interests, whatever those interests may be.

sounds like a good idea but who are these people ?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Just because a member from a certain faction is arranging an EGM it doesn't necessarily mean that only people aligned with that faction put their hand up to contest..

Anyone eligible can contest for a position on the board regardless who does the initial footwork to get it off the ground,... What difference does it make who organised it?

Avenger

Immortal
What would be wrong if Phil Sim got in? He seems passionate with a business brain. I'm pretty sure his website earns money for him. That's an achievement in itself even though he would need to step away if he was elected. Just like I will from here when I get elected in the future. Just need to make sure to edit all my controversial posts. I'm leaving the Paul Kent and Hadley ones in by the way.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
There will be no independent directors because they need the support of the members to get elected. There will be no independent board. They will become a faction as soon as they are targeted for removal.

Gronk

Staff member
Just because a member from a certain faction is arranging an EGM it doesn't necessarily mean that only people aligned with that faction put their hand up to contest..

Anyone eligible can contest for a position on the board regardless who does the initial footwork to get it off the ground,... What difference does it make who organised it?

It doesn't. I shudder to think who will put their hands up "to turn us around" tho.

Call me cynical but we'll just get chapter 4 of the same story.

Frankly I'd prefer interim appointments with just Jethro, BA, Peter Sharp calling the shots for the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts