What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels set to block Moimoi release.....

scottyeel said:
22 man squad. Would he have got a start anyway?

yes the team is short in numbers in props in the team and before he would have flown over he would have known if he was in the 17 as a week before the game is played the 17 is announced.

if the eels don't let fuifui moimoi play then hopefully all the other kiwis will not sign with the eels

Pricey

Juniors
F@ckgerald is such an a$$hole. Let him have his moment of joy. He has earned it, he is one of the few at the Eels doing his bit for the forwards and has actually shown up a few of the bigger names.

Gronk

Staff member
Pricey said:
F@ckgerald is such an a$$hole. Let him have his moment of joy. He has earned it, he is one of the few at the Eels doing his bit for the forwards and has actually shown up a few of the bigger names.

Firstly I agree that we should let him play. The experience that he will gain will be great for our club in the long run.

However from the club's point of view maybe they think that they owe him zero based on the time that he has spent suspended over the past few seasons.

strider

Post Whore
conspiracy theory (ie I'm making it up): fui has incentives in his contract and denis will have to pay him more if he plays rep footy

The Colonel

Immortal
They don't even know if the game is a "Test Match". It is all about giving fringe players a run. If it was the Tri-Nations games involving all the top NZ players then fair enough. The tune would change if he sustained an injury or suspension tyhat would see him missing the rest of the season and part of next.

strider

Post Whore
but seriously - what's the risk? ... given our recent efforts I don't believe this season is going to go anywhere

The Colonel

Immortal
Seeing as we have just signed him to a new two year deal I'd say there are all sorts of risks. Willie Mason missed almost twelve months of football after the injuury he got in a mickey mouse game. The club has every right to not release him. It isn't the Tri-Nations and if his form continues it is likely he'll be selected regardless.

James_Hardie

Juniors
The Colonel said:
They don't even know if the game is a "Test Match". It is all about giving fringe players a run. If it was the Tri-Nations games involving all the top NZ players then fair enough. The tune would change if he sustained an injury or suspension tyhat would see him missing the rest of the season and part of next.

I sought of agree with this. If NZ were selecting their full strength side, and he got selected, then you couldn't hold him back. But if he is only getting picked because they haven't asked Asotasi, Nathan Cayless, Wiki, Paelasina, etc then really it's not like he has completely earned it. And from Denis's point of view, if Fui is our best prop at the moment, then why should we give him up, if the NZ captain (Wiki) doesn't even get chosen to play and can play for the Warriors?

I don't always (ever) agree with Denis, but on this one I am siding a little with him.

Stagger eel

Staff member
ojn top of what Colonel says, how do we know that it's Fitzy's call???..he seem's to be blamed for alot of things these days but none of us really know who makes the end decision. He may be the spokes person [which should really be DK's job] but imo the decision may of been left to 1 of 3 people.

General Manager of football: Greg Mitchell

football Manager: Tony Zappia

Head Coach: JT

and yet, Fitzy seems to be targeted again.

Probably nothing more than guilt by association (ie. association with the media)

I have hardly ever seen Greg Mitchell quoted in the media and the first time I have ever heard Zap talk through the media was when Fui was acquitted the other night.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Belly in Brisvegas said:
Probably nothing more than guilt by association (ie. association with the media)

I have hardly ever seen Greg Mitchell quoted in the media and the first time I have ever heard Zap talk through the media was when Fui was acquitted the other night.

ever heard our Media Manager?

reading greg eastwoods article in RLW, especially the last few paragraphs makes it pretty clear that fuifui moimoi shouldn't be stopped playing at th highest level. great britain have named a top squad and this will only improve his ability and confidence.

take union for example the all blacks pick jason eaton out of the country team of taranaki and plays real good in the games he plays and then in the super 14 this eyar he became the best lock in the tournament and this was majority because of what he got out of been with the all blacks

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
most of us here agree Dougie

he deserves recognition for his form this year, and its not as tho we are gonna make the finals anyway

Latest posts