What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Sides for Round 13

Hurriflatch

Referee
PARRA_FAN said:
I just thought I saw Ben Smith in the centres last week, must be bloke similar to Smith's built. Couldnt tell what number he was wearing.

was it in Flegg or REggies???

if Reggies it was problably Tony Paramtangi

fish eel

Immortal
Hurriflatch said:
in form Cannings is a better player then Fui even given Fui's improvments since 2005 but Cannings has never been in form since putting on an Eels jersey

yeah, you need to go back to when Cannings was playing for Manly to see him playing anywhere near as well as Fui has.

yy_cheng

Coach
BlueNGoldBlood said:
how old is cannings? hes had some rotten luck hasnt he, i remember when we bought him he had huge wraps on him

Maybe we forgot to unwrap him when we bought him.

The Colonel

Immortal
fish eel said:
To be honest Colonel, I think that should read potentially more damaging to Fui.

Cannings had plenty of chances last year and ended up losing his bench spot to Fui because he wasn't cutting it.

He needs to get himself fit, get on the paddock and then show he is willing to use his builk and mix it in first grade.

He did have plenty of chances and realistically I think we could carry both he and Fui in the first grade side - one starting the other off the bench and rotating them - provided he is fit.

I didn't think he did too badly on Sunday when he got on (he hasn't played much at all with a hand injury and appendix operation) and as I said even after dislocating his shoulder he wanted back on - I'm more than certain the bloke wants to prove himself.

fish eel

Immortal
The Colonel said:
He did have plenty of chances and realistically I think we could carry both he and Fui in the first grade side - one starting the other off the bench and rotating them - provided he is fit.

ideally you'd think you should be able to get a 40 minute split from both of them......

Utey

Coach
The Colonel said:
Cannings has dislocated his shoulder. Started quite well too and he even tried to get back on after they put it back in but Doc Johnson wouldn't let him.

Cheers, he seems damn keen to get out there.

The Colonel

Immortal
yy_cheng said:
Jack (with rocket up his butt) would be awesome.....well in white boxes anyway.

Until Jack was injured he was one of the better performing backrowers alongside Zeb. Has shown some of his 2004 form and is looking much better.

yy_cheng

Coach
Good to hear Colonel.

Was he playing prop or 2nd row? He burst into 1st grade as a 2nd rower right?

Do you think he is better out wide as a 2nd rower or closer in as a prop?

The Colonel

Immortal
yy_cheng said:
Good to hear Colonel.

Was he playing prop or 2nd row? He burst into 1st grade as a 2nd rower right?

Do you think he is better out wide as a 2nd rower or closer in as a prop?

He arrived from NZ with Weller as a centre cum winger and played there for Guildford. Pretty quick for a big bloke - backrow is a better position IMO.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Team is fair tho

CAylo's back and gets into the side and Vella played better then Tsoulos so he keeps the bench spot

dazeely

First Grade
Cannings has had more than enough opportunities. Done nothing for me. Yeh but your right about the potential.

wittyz chick

Coach
PARRA_FAN said:
I just thought I saw Ben Smith in the centres last week, must be bloke similar to Smith's built. Couldnt tell what number he was wearing.

wasn't benny :(

he was supposed to be back ... oh well I can wait!

Bigfella

Coach
If tim has his attitude right he is the obvious choice

Until then the team and club, and both Tim and jeremy as players, will beneft from Tim playing prems and Jeremy 1's

jayman

Juniors
iam happy with wagon there...really adds to our team D wise... looks a much solider team there.. hopefully he will be there all yr...

would have started with riddell then bring on PJ.. otherwise all good

COME ON EELS!!

Hurriflatch

Referee
I'm guessing the Riddell/Marsh argument is the same as J or T Smith

JT wants Riddell to show form for more then 1 game before getting back into his normal role of starting matches

True EEL

Bench
good side

pity about Ben Smith, Wagon deserves his spot, great energy last week, unlucky for Tsoulos, but should keep him hungry, give Reddy a chance

Latest posts