What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Sides for Round 13

fish eel

Immortal
I thought Jeremy Smith went OK in the first half.

OK, so his long kicking game wasnt on the money, but he was busy and hisa short kicking game looked quite threatening.

Utey

Coach
PARRA_FAN said:
Ben Smith mustve got injured in his first game last week, still not a bad side with Cayless back in the team it should go better.

He didnt play.

Utey

Coach
queanbeyhole hindy fan said:
He went off injured. Looked like an arm or shoulder problem, but I could be wrong. He's had some really bad luck.

Didn't someone say he may have rebroke his hand?

The Colonel

Immortal
Cannings has dislocated his shoulder. Started quite well too and he even tried to get back on after they put it back in but Doc Johnson wouldn't let him.

The Colonel

Immortal
fish eel said:
I thought Jeremy Smith went OK in the first half.

OK, so his long kicking game wasnt on the money, but he was busy and hisa short kicking game looked quite threatening.

Wasn't on the money?? :crazy: Has to be some sort of record for kicks charged down just quietly...... ;-)

The Colonel

Immortal
yy_cheng said:
Thanks QHF.

Would anyone want to sign him for next year? He'll probably go pretty cheap.

Wants to stay and prove himself at the club. Won't be getting anywhere near the money he was on but could be given a chance to stay. He is our biggest forward and when fit probably more damaging than Fui IMO. If he is hungry he could prove to be worth hanging on to.

fish eel

Immortal
The Colonel said:
Wasn't on the money?? :crazy: Has to be some sort of record for kicks charged down just quietly...... ;-)

He did no worse with his long kicking game than anyone else this season. I dont actually remember that many getting charged down????

As I said, I thought he was very busy, and did some good things in the first half. I'm comfortable with him there again on Friday night....and am saying that without having seen reggies on Friday.

the_eel

Juniors
Won't hurt Tim Smith to have to earn another crack in the top grade....maybe then he would realise that it is a privilege to play 1st grade for the Eels and not a right.

fish eel

Immortal
The Colonel said:
He is our biggest forward and when fit probably more damaging than Fui IMO. If he is hungry he could prove to be worth hanging on to.

To be honest Colonel, I think that should read potentially more damaging to Fui.

Cannings had plenty of chances last year and ended up losing his bench spot to Fui because he wasn't cutting it.

He needs to get himself fit, get on the paddock and then show he is willing to use his builk and mix it in first grade.

yy_cheng

Coach
The Colonel said:
Wants to stay and prove himself at the club. Won't be getting anywhere near the money he was on but could be given a chance to stay. He is our biggest forward and when fit probably more damaging than Fui IMO. If he is hungry he could prove to be worth hanging on to.

Yeah, I hope he does stay. I wished someone would stick a rocket up him and Big Jack's butt.

Fui Fui, Cannings (with rocket up his butt), Jack (with rocket up his butt) would be awesome.....well in white boxes anyway.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I just thought I saw Ben Smith in the centres last week, must be bloke similar to Smith's built. Couldnt tell what number he was wearing.

Hurriflatch

Referee
in form Cannings is a better player then Fui even given Fui's improvments since 2005 but Cannings has never been in form since putting on an Eels jersey

the_eel said:
Won't hurt Tim Smith to have to earn another crack in the top grade....maybe then he would realise that it is a privilege to play 1st grade for the Eels and not a right.

I tend to agree.
He did play well on Sunday, but that was one game. He needs to show some consistency and string a couple of good games together

Ant

Juniors
Yeah I think pretty much the best side we could pick. Tim Smith, I agree with others there is no harm in him playing another week or 2 in the reggies.

Tim Smith hopefully has a long term future at the club and is not a one season wonder. With that in mind I see no reason why we should be rushing him back into first grade. Let him build that confidence in reserves, let him show some consitently good form, then bring him back.
Lets not forget the reports on his form in premier league only 2 rounds ago were poor. So he has had one good performance in the lower grades, maybe needs a few more under his belt to return to firsts.

On Jeremy Smith, well he's no game breaker, but in my opinion he is a more solid member of the first grade side currently than Tim Smith was in a large number of games this season. There has been a lot of criticism of the kicks going straight to Soward last week, jeremy smith was not on his own, and I actually wondered whether the idea was to kick straight to soward to force him to run the ball. Anyway I happy for the solid jeremy to be playing till Tim shows some consistent form.

Rest of the team good, maybe Tsoulos unlucky, he really worked into the game. But he does need match fitness, he was really looking like a first grade prop earlier this year. I think he'll be back sooner rather than later, probably in place of wagon.