What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels snare Poore and Shackleton

PARRAMATTA has signed its second star forward in the space of three hours, with Dragons prop Justin Poore agreeing to a three-year deal yesterday. The in-demand Blues bookend is believed to have penned a $350,000-a-season contract, joining Roosters prop Shane Shackleton in blue and gold until the end of 2012.
Poore knocked back a rich offer to join Cronulla and had initially wanted to stay at St George Illawarra for lifestyle reasons. But the Dragons could also extend him a $275,000-a-year deal because of salary cap constraints.
The Shackleton deal was announced this morning. Eels coach Daniel Anderson said he was delighted to land the versatile second-rower.
"We're obviously very happy to have Shane on board for 2010 and beyond," Anderson said in a statement.
"He broke through for his first representative jumper this year and he'll certainly add some versatility and variety to our pack.

"What's more we feel we've got a quality person, not just a quality player."
The 26-year-old has played 53 games for the Roosters since making his first-grade debut against Brisbane in round 25, 2005.
Acting Eels chief executive Andrew Hill said the signing of Shackleton is a vote of confidence in the team and the club as well as the direction in which both are heading.
"We're looking forward to Shane strengthening our team on and off the paddock," Hill said.
"It's important for the club to be able to attract players of Shane's calibre. We also look forward to continuing negotiations with other players for season 2010."

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,25614403-5006066,00.html

Suitman

Post Whore
Woo hoo!!!

I'm now so excited i'm leaving this whole post in upper case

suity

stupid LU won't let me.

fish eel

Immortal
all of a sudden, 2010 is looking very good.

It's amazing the difference a couple of quality players can make.

Best of all with Justin poore, we've landed a marquee front rower who is coming into his prime.

awesome news hey, i wonder if the game on sunday made a difference to these guys signing, i mean how well we played and the potental we showed.

Suitman

Post Whore
all of a sudden, 2010 is looking very good.

It's amazing the difference a couple of quality players can make.

Best of all with Justin poore, we've landed a marquee front rower who is coming into his prime.

And maybe a fresh approach from a new coach and board.

Suity

Pazza

First Grade
also bring up some youth in Horo and Kelly and we are looking so damn good!

Parra Steve

Juniors
Our pack has gone from looking pretty average to pretty good in the space of 2 signings. One more Mid range signing would be good then focus on retaining players in the lower grades.

Pazza

First Grade
our pack next year looks amazing! just hope we can get mateo back in the 13 and horo at 17!

Pazza

First Grade

1.hayne
2.grothe
3.reddy
4.burt
5.inu
6.keating/kelly
7.mortimer
8.cayless
9.keating
10.poore
11.hindmarsh
12.shacklton
13.mateo

14.kingston
15.mannah
16.moi moi
17.horo

Gronk

Staff member
This will give the rest of the Eels (and Wenty) squads a hardon. They'll want to be part of 2010. Especially now that Ando has shown that he is prepared to use his depth and reward hard work.

From one of the most underperforming packs in the comp, to one of the most promising in the space of 24 hours. Good work Parra. Things are definitely on the up for you guys.