What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels stars set to walk

Y2Eel

First Grade
kia ora storm said:
IMO Parra has been an utter disappointment for a long time with the depth of squad that they have...I don't the blame the players for wanting to get out of the place...why stay when Hagan is no better than Smith ??.

the depth is what bad or good??...

i hope a few players do go over the hill and just lack the skill...

parra pete

Referee
Eels stars set to walk ??

They haven't even cracked it for a crawl this season. If they learn to walk, maybe they will be able to get a gallop up before the end of the season!!!!!
As Rowdy Yates in Rawhide once said "Head em up, and move em out".
I'm a great believer in the theory 'if you can't win with em this year, you wont win with em next year' especially when they are on the wrong side of their twenties.

Johns Magic said:
Firstly, that's not necessarily true. Who's to say that NSW weren't just very close to picking Grothe on the wing, and when Cooper was ruled out they saw a chance to fit him in?

Secondly, there isn't exactly alot of competition for the NSW centre spot. Who else were they going to pick? 31 year old Adam Mac Dougall who must've one about three matches in as many seasons? Chris Hicks?

why even mention hicks and macdougall when there are better centres out there what about Collis 6 try assists so far this year is amazing for a centre he even has a gidley flick pass :lol:

im sure there are a few more better than macdougall and hicks too like lyon if they were despereate

Agent Mulder

Bench
KevinArnold said:
So the Knights fans do rate Tahu? They were singing a different tune when he signed for the Eels.....

So very true, Didnt they say something like "Tahu will be lost without Matt Gidley's flick passes?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Matt Gidley isn't half the player that Tahu is.

Johns Magic

Referee
Y2Eel said:
starting from next wednesday 1, 10 to go to ;-)

Actually that would be:

1 for NSW, 10 to go.

0 for Australia, 11 to go.

City-Country we won't even bother with ;-)

Johns Magic

Referee
joel caine number 1 fan said:
why even mention hicks and macdougall when there are better centres out there what about Collis 6 try assists so far this year is amazing for a centre he even has a gidley flick pass :lol:

im sure there are a few more better than macdougall and hicks too like lyon if they were despereate

Dean Collis? And you call me biased :lol:
Matt Gidley has scored 6 tries this year, Collis has...2. Neither of them should touch a Blues jersey this year.

Hicks and MacDougall were the Country centres, hence why I mentioned them.

If they wanted Lyon in the side they would have put him at centre and left Tahu on the wing when Cooper was ruled out. They were never going to pick him.

Iafeta

Referee
Two things

1. Tahu is going ace at centre. Thats clearly his best position. More ball, more ability to use his undoubted ability.
  2. I feel for Parra fans - all this reminds me a bit of the Warriors situation in 2004, players leaving, coaches leaving, panic stations everywhere, rumours of players being unhappy, alcohol related club suspensions - season 2004 is something I don't think the Warriors will recover from structurally and confidence wise until at least 2008. I hope Parramatta forward think a lot better than the Warriors did.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Johns Magic said:
Actually that would be:

1 for NSW, 10 to go.

0 for Australia, 11 to go.

City-Country we won't even bother with ;-)

just remember even phil bailey has played centre for NSW and australia:sarcasm:

Misty Bee

First Grade
Skill level in certain areas - ie halves, has never been 'industry standard' under Brian smith. Forwards skills are OK - just wish they would fire up a bit more. Stringer is playing like a fat retired golfer trying to get his kit out of the boot of his Wolsley. Morrison's got fire, but he's lonesome without Hindy and Cayless.

Last Night Fui Fui fired up, but when Stringer and Vella didn't, Penrith wised up and shut him down - thus ending our dominance.

Now, back to those who think Parra'sfuture revolves around tahu playing more games for Oz at centre than Gidley- Tahu is already ahead. Tahu has represented in TWO positions - time for Gidley to rethink his rep retirement and push for a spot on the wing.

At least we are seeing what Newcastle will look like in 2010.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Iafeta said:
Two things

1. Tahu is going ace at centre. Thats clearly his best position. More ball, more ability to use his undoubted ability.
  2. I feel for Parra fans - all this reminds me a bit of the Warriors situation in 2004, players leaving, coaches leaving, panic stations everywhere, rumours of players being unhappy, alcohol related club suspensions - season 2004 is something I don't think the Warriors will recover from structurally and confidence wise until at least 2008. I hope Parramatta forward think a lot better than the Warriors did.

I think that Fitzy's idea of "forward thinking" is what got us into this mess in the first place :x

Tim Smith needs to be back in the starting lineup next week...the only way this team is going to perform is if they give Smith their total support and let him play his game..Parra will come right but it may be too late for 06.

Johns Magic

Referee
Misty Bee said:
Now, back to those who think Parra'sfuture revolves around tahu playing more games for Oz at centre than Gidley- Tahu is already ahead. Tahu has represented in TWO positions - time for Gidley to rethink his rep retirement and push for a spot on the wing.

At least we are seeing what Newcastle will look like in 2010.

Did any of that have a point, or even make logical sense?

shadow grinder

First Grade
kia ora storm said:
Tim Smith needs to be back in the starting lineup next week...the only way this team is going to perform is if they give Smith their total support and let him play his game..Parra will come right but it may be too late for 06.

he will be in the side at #7 if he doesnt turn up drunk to training

Johns Magic said:
Dean Collis? And you call me biased :lol:
Matt Gidley has scored 6 tries this year, Collis has...2. Neither of them should touch a Blues jersey this year.

Hicks and MacDougall were the Country centres, hence why I mentioned them.

If they wanted Lyon in the side they would have put him at centre and left Tahu on the wing when Cooper was ruled out. They were never going to pick him.

hes also set up 6 tries how many has gidley set up ?

Latest posts