What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels stars set to walk

Johns Magic

Referee
El Diablo said:
no, but you're saying him playing at centre is idiotic

It is. He's a much better winger than centre. Much, much, much better, and he was one of the top 3 outside backs in the competition when he played outside Gidley.

He's still a very good centre, but he was a world-class winger. That's why he was stupid to switch to the centres.

Johns Magic

Referee
Parra Guru said:
JM, Tahu us kicking arse at centre. He was WASTED on the wing at Newcastle. Imagine him and Gidley as a centre pairing.

Wasted on the wing scoring 82 tries in 95 games?

benno

Juniors
tahu is an incrediable finisher..thats why he plays so on the wing..he could finish off backline plays better then any1 no doubt.
he can play wel at centre yeh but no where near as good as a winger...he's not as dynamic..and not as game breaking as he was in the wing position...prob a couple yrs more till he gets to be a credited centre.
But never as good as the winger he can be....

im only askin knights fans this question:p..on Carmonts current form..do u think possibly ud rather him in the 'other centre position or even tigh (once gids retires) then Tahu??...just a question

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
Others have asked Hagan.....and has said on more then one occasion that he see's tahu as a top 3 center in the world behind gasnier and lyon!

On tahu...a couple of friends lol have spoken to tahu....he has said he is commited to the eels this year and is excitied about working under hagan agian...especially that he knows now that he is a center...he wants to help build parra agian into a top side and sees himself as a senior figure, and wants to help out the emerging youth coming through

Johns Magic

Referee
benno said:
im only askin knights fans this question:p..on Carmonts current form..do u think possibly ud rather him in the 'other centre position or even tigh (once gids retires) then Tahu??...just a question

1. Thaiday
2. Uate
3. Tighe
4. Tahu
5. Quinn
6. Mullen
7. Walsh

That would be my ideal backline when Gidley retires.

benno

Juniors
Johns Magic said:
1. Thaiday
2. Uate
3. Tighe
4. Tahu
5. Quinn
6. Mullen
7. Walsh

HEYA JM...Lovin the backline that dude haha.....but i do like carmont:p...Tigh centre..u think he could handle it...THEN AGAIN..dont answer that...dont want rival clubs knowing about our lower grades:p:sarcasm: :crazy:

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think Tahu can play anywhere in the back 5, for any team, and play very well.

He is an amazing athlete.

Anyone who doesn't rate him at centre is blind, in my opinion.

Johns Magic

Referee
Eelementary said:
I think Tahu can play anywhere in the back 5, for any team, and play very well.

He is an amazing athlete.

Anyone who doesn't rate him at centre is blind, in my opinion.

I do rate him as a centre, highly in fact.

But nowhere near as highly as I rated him as a winger.

Misty Bee

First Grade
FFS here comes the bandwagon trumpeting it's death knell.

OK, we have failure coach quitting when the usual first-half-of-the-season slump happens, but this time he gets to whinge about being "sacked". Like, yeah, any boss would thunder "YOUR'E FIRED!!!!!" and give them a year to clean their desk. :roll:

2 of the lower IQ'd players are found in the pub, and all of a sudden it's CRISIS! CRISIS!

And then the standard 'players off contract at years end' becomes a supposed torrent of refugees!

Morrison is pushing 30 - hence the UK meal ticket is the logical move. Delaney may be the bloke they can't fit in a backline that next year will probably see Tahu, Lyon, and Ben Smith entrenched. Widders might take the 'Solomona option" and move to the UK where the slower pace and softer grounds might allow him to earn 80 minute money. Burt is a potential anything that needs a change of scenery to possibly reach it. Besides, he's already taken a paycut to stay before - and if he can advance elsewhere, he probably deserves the shot.

None of them are irreplaceable. And some of them will stay.

As for Tahu being a sh*t centre - look whose in Origin camp this week. And anyone trying to send a letter to M Gidley, courtesy Holiday Inn Coogee, will have it marked "Not known at this address"

Is Parra going through a crisis? Yeah, maybe. And I bet half the other NRL clubs wish their crises were as mild as Parras.

Don't worry, Knights fans. Joey will retire next year - and Smiths favorite player, Daniel Wagon, will be off contract.

Johns Magic

Referee
Misty Bee said:
As for Tahu being a sh*t centre - look whose in Origin camp this week. And anyone trying to send a letter to M Gidley, courtesy Holiday Inn Coogee, will have it marked "Not known at this address"

Is Parra going through a crisis? Yeah, maybe. And I bet half the other NRL clubs wish their crises were as mild as Parras.

Don't worry, Knights fans. Joey will retire next year - and Smiths favorite player, Daniel Wagon, will be off contract.

Haha, missed the point Misty, but that's to be expected.

By the way, wasn't Tahu chosen as a winger? Oh that's right, he was! Funny that...

innsaneink

Referee
Misty Bee said:
FFS here comes the bandwagon trumpeting it's death knell.

OK, we have failure coach quitting when the usual first-half-of-the-season slump happens, but this time he gets to whinge about being "sacked". Like, yeah, any boss would thunder "YOUR'E FIRED!!!!!" and give them a year to clean their desk. :roll:

2 of the lower IQ'd players are found in the pub, and all of a sudden it's CRISIS! CRISIS!

And then the standard 'players off contract at years end' becomes a supposed torrent of refugees!

Morrison is pushing 30 - hence the UK meal ticket is the logical move. Delaney may be the bloke they can't fit in a backline that next year will probably see Tahu, Lyon, and Ben Smith entrenched. Widders might take the 'Solomona option" and move to the UK where the slower pace and softer grounds might allow him to earn 80 minute money. Burt is a potential anything that needs a change of scenery to possibly reach it. Besides, he's already taken a paycut to stay before - and if he can advance elsewhere, he probably deserves the shot.

None of them are irreplaceable. And some of them will stay.

E-

Well constructed but not very convincing

CrazyEel

Bench
Johns Magic said:
By the way, wasn't Tahu chosen as a winger? Oh that's right, he was! Funny that...
What's so funny, they obviously rate him 3rd best centre in NSW.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Funnier still that Gidley was chosen as a spectator.

BTW Ink, is that the shortest song ever? What's the time signature???

Johns Magic

Referee
CrazyEel said:
What's so funny, they obviously rate him 3rd best centre in NSW.

Firstly, that's not necessarily true. Who's to say that NSW weren't just very close to picking Grothe on the wing, and when Cooper was ruled out they saw a chance to fit him in?

Secondly, there isn't exactly alot of competition for the NSW centre spot. Who else were they going to pick? 31 year old Adam Mac Dougall who must've one about three matches in as many seasons? Chris Hicks?

Johns Magic

Referee
Misty Bee said:
Funnier still that Gidley was chosen as a spectator.

The fact that Gidley has retired from representative football didn't help his chances :lol:

Gidley has played 11 matches at centre for NSW and 11 matches at centre for Australia. How many rep games has Tahu played at centre?

IMO Parra has been an utter disappointment for a long time with the depth of squad that they have...I don't the blame the players for wanting to get out of the place...why stay when Hagan is no better than Smith ??.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Johns Magic said:
The fact that Gidley has retired from representative football didn't help his chances :lol:

Gidley has played 11 matches at centre for NSW and 11 matches at centre for Australia. How many rep games has Tahu played at centre?

starting from next wednesday 1, 10 to go to ;-)

Latest posts