What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Teams Vs Souths

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Paullyboy said:
How can you guys whinge about that bench? Its better than probably every other NRL teams' bench.

:lol: No mate, it's down with the worst. Wagon and Vella make no metres and get smashed every run, Vella is a hopeless defender and Wagon is a soft defender, Widders is way down on form from last year and doesn't make the hard yards and Marsh should be starting.

yy_cheng

Coach
JessEel said:
poor Williams :(
If he re-signed, maybe things would be different but I don't know where you would play him unless it's

2. Williams
3. Tahu
4. Hayne
5. Grothe

James_Hardie

Juniors
eelavation said:
I'm not sure what we expect from our bench but 3 out of the 4 players listed were instrumental in our success last year..

if the bench is that bad, tell us who you'd put in? stop whinging about it.

Last year. They have also been instrumental in our poor form this year.

On paper yes we have a good bench, just like on paper it is a great side from 1-13.

But thats where our form ends this year. On paper.

But i can't pick another bench, because everyone that gets an opportunity in one's doesn't lift. Peek and Mateo haven't had a go yet, maybe they deserve a shot.

I would have had O'Dwyer in the side ahead of Delaney also.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
i just feel sorry for williams score a hatrick and get dumped while delany keeps his place cant hayne play centre might get more ball no wonder williams hasn't re-signed

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Hellsy said:
Poor Johnny..... good to se Wadeles back though

team looks good but this is probably why there is talk of Johnny looking else where

unless Hayne goes to fullback, there is no place for Williams in our starting line up

play Williams in the centres. Out of him and Hayne (both need to be in after last week) he is bigger and probably more able to handle heavy traffic sent just inside the touchline (second rowers etc).

I hate Riddel starting but I see why. Means PJ can come on and we pick up a notch, instead of bringing Rosey on and dropping a notch.

PDJ, you continue to spout crap. Wagon a soft defender? Please, it's his strength. No doubt you keep remembering one isolated incident from the GFQ last year. Apart from that he is almost a rock. Plus, he gives us another option in the backs if we have to consider it due to injury. You have no idea.

Stagger eel

Staff member
James_Hardie said:

But i can't pick another bench, because everyone that gets an opportunity in one's doesn't lift. Peek and Mateo haven't had a go yet, maybe they deserve a shot.

from what I've seen of them recently they'd be the last blokes you have there..

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Hollywood Jesus said:
PDJ, you continue to spout crap. Wagon a soft defender? Please, it's his strength. No doubt you keep remembering one isolated incident from the GFQ last year. Apart from that he is almost a rock. Plus, he gives us another option in the backs if we have to consider it due to injury. You have no idea.

If you think Wagon is a strong defender, you are kidding yourself. I didn't mention that tackle from the GFQ but that was a very poor read, it has nothing to do with his ability to tackle. He is as soft as a sponge, if his defence is his strength then that is more proof he should not be playing in the NRL.

He runs the ball about 6 times a game for a lousy 30 metres and gets smashed onto his back everytime, so there is no quick play the balls for Pig/PJ, even if he could defend that doesn't change the fact that he is a pathetic attacking player. And as for covering the centres, that is irrelevant. Widders can play centre, at least he has a bit of pace and can pass the bloody ball!. Just because Wagon can play centre doesn't mean he does a good job of it.

His defence is bad, he is lazy/scared/useless in attack, he is slow and while he is able to cover centre, he does a lousy job of that too. Care to tell me what he offers to our team? Jack sh*t is the correct answer, but I'm sure you have some excuse in order to defend a "hero" from 2001. Anyway, don't thank me, I'm more than happy to expose you as the one who has no idea.

TheParraboy

Staff member
A great great eels side

We should beat Souths by 40 at the very least

We have pace to burn out wide

tough as nails fearsome workaholic forwards

halves that are premiership bound

mark my works Souths are in for a fun afternoon :lol:

yy_cheng

Coach
I hope we throw the ball around like last week. This time we have Grothe and Tahu out wide.

Just need to toughen our defence.

BTW, has parra ever played with a compressed defence?

jayjayselmes

Juniors
Hollywood Jesus said:
play Williams in the centres. Out of him and Hayne (both need to be in after last week) he is bigger and probably more able to handle heavy traffic sent just inside the touchline (second rowers etc).

I hate Riddel starting but I see why. Means PJ can come on and we pick up a notch, instead of bringing Rosey on and dropping a notch.

good post wagon has bee ngreat in defence especially aginst the dragons in pooring rain whats he done wrong??

he's done nothing wrong, but PDJ has no clue about footy. Very reliable defender - not the greatest in attack, true, but a very good defender.

Redback71

First Grade
i rekon well loose at least the rabbits can score more than 30 and id rather pj on the bench so pig can smashed and then pj can come on when the oppostion is buggered.

Glenn

First Grade
Amen HJ, IIRC Wagon is equal club record holder for most tackles in a match.
A Solid reliable defender, something we could have done with vs Melbourne

dazeely

First Grade
Wagon is a great defender. A little stale in attack. A great utility player. Was playing himself back into form.

Nikki

Coach
Gotta feel sooo sorry for Johnny Williams. 3 tries and dropped to Prems. What do ya got to do in this club to prove yourself???