What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels thrash Panthers in western derby

lingard

Coach
Let me guess, you're a part of the mould who are completely and utterly convinced that the team is 100% guaranteed to be mediocre in every sense?

A trial it may be, but when there are blokes writing off the team so early even after a good, solid win there is a serious problem with the fans.

As for me, I'm completely content with how the team has gone in the trials, I'll be the first to admit that I was resigned to the possibility that the Eels would end up wooden spooners, thankfully the early signs indicate that we can/have the potential to compete.

If you think the team sucks and refuse to give support and praise when due then that's clearly your own initiative, but I'd appreciate if you keep your pessimistic presence elsewhere, you'll find being an ass be infectious more often than not.[/QUOTE]

Strange comments. I was merely pointing out that some people (who shall remain nameless) seem to delight in making things up. They post ridiculous comments about how fantastic Parramatta is, and how we`ll make the eight, and how this player or that player has turned the corner, etc, etc, etc. (despite the fact that they haven`t even seen a game). I just like a little realism - hence my comment that, yeah, it is great to hear some positive reports - but only if they`re true. I`m not a pessimist. And I love this team, whether they finish first or last in the comp. Lord knows, I`ve followed them when they won the wooden spoon on a number of occasions, and still loved watching them go round. I`ve witnessed the four premierships we won. To be quite honest, winning another one isn`t as urgent for me as it may be for some others. I can handle it when Parramatta doesn`t do so well. But I`m certainly not a pessimist. You`re barking up the wrong tree, I`m afraid.

Last edited:

TheRam

Coach
Strange comments. I was merely pointing out that some people (who shall remain nameless) seem to delight in making things up. They post ridiculous comments about how fantastic Parramatta is, and how we`ll make the eight, and how this player or that player has turned the corner, etc, etc, etc. (despite the fact that they haven`t even seen a game). I just like a little realism - hence my comment that, yeah, it is great to hear some positive reports - but only if they`re true. I`m not a pessimist. And I love this team, whether they finish first or last in the comp. Lord knows, I`ve followed them when they won the wooden spoon on a number of occasions, and still loved watching them go round. I`ve witnessed the four premierships we won. To be quite honest, winning another one isn`t as urgent for me as it may be for some others. I can handle it when Parramatta doesn`t do so well. But I`m certainly not a pessimist. You`re barking up the wrong tree, I`m afraid.

Boxhead anyone?

Ok Boxy...Attack!!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
whilst we're argueing about the form of our halves who at the end of the day are probably playing better than what we're paying them, I still hold concerns about the trial form of our main strike weapon and marque player who wears 1.

TheRam

Coach
whilst we're argueing about the form of our halves who at the end of the day are probably playing better than what we're paying them, I still hold concerns about the trial form of our main strike weapon and marque player who wears 1.

So do I, only because of his (could of avoided) hamstring injury though. If that ends up healing properly and not bothering him again, then he will be breath takingly brilliant again this season. Form has never been an issue with him. Only injury can stop him. Don't look at trial form from someone like Hayne Staggs. He is a thoroughbred.

Stagger eel

Staff member
So do I, only because of his (could of avoided) hamstring injury though. If that ends up healing properly and not bothering him again, then he will be breath takingly brilliant again this season. Form has never been an issue with him. Only injury can stop him. Don't look at trial form from someone like Hayne Staggs. He is a thoroughbred.

oh look, I understand that but i find it interesting that he rarely comes up in any topic about lack of form.

injury free, I'm expecting a steller season by him individually under the new coach.