What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels v Storm GAME DAY THREAD

Gronk

Staff member
Dear team,

Don't f**k this chance up.

Love always
Gronk

Kornstar

Coach
We have an enormous opportunity against a side that is weakened by missing legitimate immortals so in true Parra fashion we will f**k it up and come out with a loss.

Big game for both Norman and Moses imo. They both need to play their best games of the year.

It will be close though.

All we need is just the two points, don't care how we get it but it's a massive game going into the bye,it won't be easy against any Bellamy coached team!!

Big test for BA imo, can he get the team to ignore the players that are out and do the job?!

ImTheMan

Juniors
Parra win and win easy. I reckon 20+
The Eels will still have to put up a mighty fight against the Storm even without their main players. They struggle against the better coached sides. Take this game lightly and those questionable in defence (like Mosey if he reverts to his initial efforts) will crumble like a house of cards. The Storm could even rack up a score if the boys take this lightly.

Bazal

Post Whore
It'll be a tough game. Melbourne will try and wreck any game speed and force a slow, dour game because they probably haven't got a lot of points in them. It's gonna be like the dogs game I reckon, with Melbourne trying to drag us into a mucky game and beat us with experience. Especially with showers around Melbourne today and a potentially soft surface.

We need to be prepared and not show up without our minds on the job, which we're notorious for doing....

We're gonna f**ken smash 'em!!

But if we don't start like a house on fire I'll be in here calling out these deadshits loosers for what they are. Which is deadshit loosers obviously, as I just stated.

Basil Brush

Juniors
This game will not be an easy game at all and will be all about our attitude imho.

If we turn up with the right attitude and not complacent, we should win and I will be confident about our season being a success.

If we don't turn up with the right attitude and are in anyway complacent, it might just say a lot about this team (and even possibly Arthur).

I would be more confident if Beau Scott was playing as i reckon he is 1 player that doesn't tolerate complacency.

Eelogical

Referee
This game will not be an easy game at all and will be all about our attitude imho.

If we turn up with the right attitude and not complacent, we should win and I will be confident about our season being a success.

If we don't turn up with the right attitude and are in anyway complacent, it might just say a lot about this team (and even possibly Arthur).

I would be more confident if Beau Scott was playing as i reckon he is 1 player that doesn't tolerate complacency.

Complacency, eh? The eels know it by a different term. 'Stupidity'. Also known as The Kenny Syndrome.

Kornstar

Coach
Interesting that half the time people whinge that they want an enforcer and a player that gets under the skin of the opposition and then when we get one all they do is whinge when that player acts the way we wanted someone to act.

I love Kenny even when he makes a mistake as players make errors all the tine but not every player brings the energy he brings and I doubt it's a coincidence that since he's been back that our record has been good.

Basil Brush

Juniors
Interesting that half the time people whinge that they want an enforcer and a player that gets under the skin of the opposition and then when we get one all they do is whinge when that player acts the way we wanted someone to act.

I love Kenny even when he makes a mistake as players make errors all the tine but not every player brings the energy he brings and I doubt it's a coincidence that since he's been back that our record has been good.
I wouldnt call Kenny an enforcer. That is for blokes like Mau and Beau Scott. Kenny is more a liability.

He brings high energy but almost cost us last week. He just got lucky we somehow won.

Edit: That attempted intercept on their fifth tackle when we had held them out for ages was what i was referring to (among other incidents). They scored next set.

He is an extremely dumb footballer. Is that what they call an oxymoron?

Last edited:

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Game Day, Merkins!!!

FIRE UP!!!
giphy.gif

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I wouldnt call Kenny an enforcer. That is for blokes like Mau and Beau Scott. Kenny is more a liability.

He brings high energy but almost cost us last week. He just got lucky we somehow won.

Edit: That attempted intercept on their fifth tackle when we had held them out for ages was what i was referring to (among other incidents). They scored next set.

He is an extremely dumb footballer. Is that what they call an oxymoron?
Tend to agree. Like his enthuiasm but he is still a fringe first grader tbh.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Needs to get the Kramp back into his game, take last weeks effort for example, had he kramped up, no way he gets the jump for that attempted intercept, and we hold the dogs out on that set.

Latest posts