What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels v Storm GAME DAY THREAD

Noise

Coach
I'm not bagging King. He was solid, his 40/20 was excellent and our record with him in the side is 100%. But he's not doing much to help guys like Brown and Vave save their energy for running the ball.

How many meters has Brown run the last 2 weeks? Is it down on his season average?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
My comment is around bringing the ball back after a kick return through the middle. How many of our middle forwards take a run in this area? How many of these runs are done by any teams middle forwards? Brown tends to have a run here, but he has a run everywhere

Our middle forwards took most of their runs in the Storns half, which is a different situation to what I'm talking about.
This is why there are so few pure finishers on the wing these days. Most of their runs come on exit sets, carrying into the teeth of the defence.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
How many meters has Brown run the last 2 weeks? Is it down on his season average?
His metres per carry are probably down. Making 25 runs for 200 metres isn't that helpful, otherwise Tolman would be playing Origin

A bloke making that many carries for such low per run output could let someone else take a few of those runs with the same result.

hindy111

Post Whore
So many merkins don't realise that without players like Alvaro and Mannah we couldn't carry Vave and Matagi.

As i mentioned before. Guys like Scott,Tamou, graheme,klemmer,mcguire tackle and run hard and also can offload and pass before line.There are plenty of props who do both better then tim.
Defend all can but mannah is a one dimensional bog everage prop.
He was better when he was a virgin.

Alvaro is as good and younger. Dont need two of them in the team.

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
Tim needs to retire. He is going off after 10 mins every game for HIA.

He failed last night and its only going to get worse.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
As i mentioned before. Guys like Scott,Tamou, graheme,klemmer,mcguire tackle and run hard and also can offload and pass before line.There are plenty of props who do both better then tim.
Agreed that Tamou, Graham, Klemmer and McGuire pull their weight in defence. But all these guys are very expensive. Matt Scott is an ordinary defender.
Defend all can but mannah is a one dimensional bog everage prop.
He was better when he was a virgin.

Alvaro is as good and younger. Dont need two of them in the team.
Mannah's metres per carry is good. His issue this year is head knocks f**king him (and us) around. While on the field he is a solid first grader. He would be top 17 anywhere.

yy_cheng

Coach
We desperately need to get a better wrestling coach. I nominate Skull Murphy. The head butt would be a great antidote to Bellamy's 'scientific wrestling' techniques.
that's where beau scott adds alot to the team. When he goes, we wont have a hard head to teach these young'uns

Noise

Coach
Mannah's metres per carry is good. His issue this year is head knocks f**king him (and us) around. While on the field he is a solid first grader. He would be top 17 anywhere.

How the f**k does he get his head in the wrong spot so regularly? And it's often early in the game so it can't be a fatigue thing effecting his technique. Is there a player in the game who gets more HIAs per minute played than Mannah?

Happy MEel

First Grade
FFS merkin, most of his metres came from the two line breaks served up to him by his inside men.

Are you that thick or just dishonest?
Hmmm...I'll lock in "A" thanks Eddie.

To be fair Vanivalu also made a decent line break that would have contributed to his run metres so let's not be dishonest about that either.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
How the f**k does he get his head in the wrong spot so regularly? And it's often early in the game so it can't be a fatigue thing effecting his technique. Is there a player in the game who gets more HIAs per minute played than Mannah?
I think a big part of it is how he gets low when running the ball. He cops a lot of hips and knees to the head.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Hmmm...I'll lock in "A" thanks Eddie.

To be fair Vanivalu also made a decent line break that would have contributed to his run metres so let's not be dishonest about that either.
I don't think any player's stats in one game are representative of their go forward anyway.

Happy MEel

First Grade
I don't think any player's stats in one game are representative of their go forward anyway.
Agreed. We have a 57% win percentage with him on the wing (14 games) so him being there is certainly not costing us games. He's also averaging pretty much 100m a game on the wing which is fine.

French contributes plenty from the wing.

hindy111

Post Whore
I'd accet that.

Where's the f**king Colonel when Hindy is around?
Agreed that Tamou, Graham, Klemmer and McGuire pull their weight in defence. But all these guys are very expensive. Matt Scott is an ordinary defender.

Your not f**king listening. Yes mannah is fine. But if we want to get better in an area this is a position we can improve. All pur props are top 17 but none are at a origin or international level. That is what is holding is back.

We need a front line prop and a better hooker. Then we are top 4.

eel01s

Bench
We won't be top four until our attack improves (should have scored more tries last night) and our linespeed in defence improves. Having a top line prop isn't going to change that.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Your not f**king listening. Yes mannah is fine. But if we want to get better in an area this is a position we can improve. All pur props are top 17 but none are at a origin or international level. That is what is holding is back.
Agreed so why single out one player for blame? If anything you should blame our least productive middle forward who would be Matagi or Scott.
We need a front line prop and a better hooker. Then we are top 4.
Agreed

Latest posts