What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels V. Storm, Game Thread

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'm desperate enough to throw Smith a lifeline...on minimum wage, with a reported 600k free and the worst halves in the game at the moment, we don't have a great deal to lose. At worst, he provides depth in the halves and a decent option for Wenty.

Why would Cronulla let him go? They need backups as well.

It would be like us letting Brad Murray go - madness. We're already f**ked for halves with Humble unavailable. Cronulla would be in the same boat if Tim Smith left.

There's a reason clubs finalise their roster at some point in the off-season. It's because then they know they're covered at every position for the odd injury.

If Smith is on peanuts at the Sharks there's no way they'll let him go. What would they gain from it?

Bazal

Post Whore
Why would Cronulla let him go? They need backups as well.

It would be like us letting Brad Murray go - madness. We're already f**ked for halves with Humble unavailable. Cronulla would be in the same boat if Tim Smith left.

There's a reason clubs finalise their roster at some point in the off-season. It's because then they know they're covered at every position for the odd injury.

If Smith is on peanuts at the Sharks there's no way they'll let him go. What would they gain from it?

At least the Sharks have Scott Porter, we have absolutely nothing with Humble doing his best Griffin impersonation and Murray still finding his feet. Besides (and for some reason you neglected to quote the bit that said this) Smith is just an example...honestly ANY minimum wage half looking to redeem himself would do given the tripe we have at the moment. I wonder what Arana Taumata thinks of Elliot snubbing him...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Like I said, if they're under contract, and earning minimum wage, what incentive is there for their clubs to let them go?

Completely agree with ya buddy.

HOWEVER - the guy is talking about the cheating because some moronic eels 'fans' here are saying that we should be as good as the Storm just because we got their old assistant coach.

The problem is that we don't have the cattle for Kearney to push around - and even a one eyed Storm supporter has to acknowledge that years of systematic cap rorting has provided Bellamy with an excellent crop of cattle to push around the paddock.

You DO have the best player on the planet in the most vital position (Cam Smith) - but take away him and Cronk, and insert Robson/Mortimer into your halves and there wouldn't be much coach Bellamy could do to get them to score a try!

Hi beautiful,

Okay, Parra are quite a good team, a good pack, granted the halves could do better, but they were there in '09 when the Eels beat a good Doggies side in that top semi-final.

But I'm sure if you sent the currents Souths squad to Melbourne next November, they would do better than they currently are doing. And surprise, surprise Rusty wants ex Storm assistant M.Maguire as Bunnies' coach next year. Or could be even this year.

Furthermore, the NRL should ensure that Smith and Slater remain at the Storm for obvious reasons, as I've said previously, we developed Cronk, I doubt he would be rated so highly today if he hadn't gone to the Storm. I might be wrong there, anyway, look at our pack, not exactly top drawer, and some Souths fans were calling for B.Champion to be dropped last year, M.Duffie well, I didn't like the look of him when I saw him first, Dane Nielsen is more solid with us that he would be elsewhere I'm sure.

Latest posts