What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels vs Broncos game thread

ethan tremblay

Juniors
its only round 1 but to show so much attitude in the first half and be enthused then to come out and play like that in the second 40 im sorry these guys are professional footballers and i as a supporter demand better...

sio good but maybe got too confident in the second 40 and he's form paid for that,
poore- hello nsw cup
hindmarsh -tried hard saved a try with a great tackle on hodges! but im affraid he has either got to go into the front row roataion or retire

sandow- 550k were gonna hear that all week from souths fans and alike so get used too the abuse there still think he is a good buy, will only get better

blair - was very impressed big strong ball runner
roberts- i was happy with him , unfortunatly got injured...
burt- was terrible and behind the pace been a big fan of him but im sorry welcome too nsw cup blair is the better option,

3.mannah
2.sio
1.hindmarsh

Eels Dude

Coach
Defence was good I thought
Allgood and mannah were great!

Sandow needs to run more

Bring in hayne and tonga and f**k esi off

Defence was ok in the first 20 minutes, poor after that. it's hard to score in these conditions otherwise the Broncos would have racked up a much larger scoreline. Too much rushing up and in by certain players. They weren't defending as a team at all.

Ratchy

Juniors
Esi could barely get a run an in injury ravaged Titans side last year. Says it all I think.

Signing with Parramatta in May prolly helped that out...tho tonight in general he wasn't that bad considering how much the Broncos sent Hodges at him

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Not to concern with our ability to score points, we are missing Tonga and Hayne our two best backs. Plus our backline is very young and it was very wet. The young back line did very very well - they held there own against a more experienced side. Sio and Blair have plenty of potential and ran the ball quite hard (Burt take note)

My concern with the game is:

- how many times we gave away a stupid penalty after a good set or the drop balls. Broncos did not play that good, we just gave them to much field position. The game would have been a lot different if we controlled the ball better.
- I am a Kearney and Sandow fan, however I have some concerns with both of them tonight. In the last ten mins Sandow went missing, e.g coming out of our twenty we had two terrible kicks in the last ten when we were still in the game (plus the shit kicks in the last twenty when attacking the opositions lin). Sandow should have taken control at this point. Regarding Kearney, front rowers win the game in wet weather, I some real concerns with the amount of game time Fui and Poore got, they should have been on the field a lot longer.
- regarding the ref, we had a few rough calls against us, for example around the 60 min mark when it was 6 all we were 40metres out, the ref calls play the ball then Sam runs in and knocks our player over.

eel01s

Bench
Unfortunately too many errors early in the second half got the Broncos right into their rythm.

I counted three drop balls and of course two charged down kicks early, which is just not good enough.

Geez our "attack" looked ordinary. Things should improve when Hayne and Willie come into the side.

Ratchy

Juniors
Not to concern with our ability to score points, we are missing Tonga and Hayne our two best backs. Plus our backline is very young and it was very wet. The young back line did very very well - they held there own against a more experienced side. Sio and Blair have plenty of potential and ran the ball quite hard (Burt take note)

My concern with the game is:

- how many times we gave away a stupid penalty after a good set or the drop balls. Broncos did not play that good, we just gave them to much field position. The game would have been a lot different if we controlled the ball better.
- I am a Kearney and Sandow fan, however I have some concerns with both of them tonight. In the last ten mins Sandow went missing, e.g coming out of our twenty we had two terrible kicks in the last ten when we were still in the game (plus the shit kicks in the last twenty when attacking the opositions lin). Sandow should have taken control at this point. Regarding Kearney, front rowers win the game in wet weather, I some real concerns with the amount of game time Fui and Poore got, they should have been on the field a lot longer.
- regarding the ref, we had a few rough calls against us, for example around the 60 min mark when it was 6 all we were 40metres out, the ref calls play the ball then Sam runs in and knocks our player over.

In agreeance with most of that considering adding to the fact the halves would've barely played 80mins together before tonight. Gets around Round 3-4 with Hayne/WTonga in the side with the same problems than it becomes a worry. Part of the problem is Parra's backrow offers nothing in penetration in attack.

In regards to Moimoi and Poore why should they get more time when Allgood and Mannah were dominating the meterage game.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He was completely outplayed by Mannah and Allgood. Poore won't be with us next season, gave a soft couple of penalties and dropped a dolly. I thought we lost it after Roberts went off. Casey and Keating on together = no points.

f**k it's only the first game we are already missing three starting backs (Hayne, Tonga and Loko) and then another goes off in the second half (Roberts).

The Broncos are a good team. We let them off the hook in the second half but really they should have been ahead by that point already.

EelsFan05

Bench
I've see enough of Kearneys coaching with NZ and Parra to realise that he isn't going to take us to the promise land. Just because you serve an apprenticeship under Bellamy these days doesn't mean you're going to be the next big thing. Bellamy hasn't won a thing with a legally assembled team and still
coaches a team with three/two of the modern day greats in the most important positions.

I am truly of the belief that Kearney was bought to Parra to be a role model to large population of Islanders in our ranks. Unfortunately there is still a lot of lazy head hangers in the team that get picked week in week out.

I am still not sold on Sandow but I'm willing to give him a bit yet. He came up with a few effective kicks early but his game went downhill when the going got tough. Hopefully the attitude of the team doesn't bring his attitude down if we lose a few in a row. It's going to be a long year.

Off my soap box.

i did say to myself in the offseason that i wouldn't be too critical til about round 6 or 7 giving the players time to gel there have been some big changes but tonight was really shit.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
He was completely outplayed by Mannah and Allgood. Poore won't be with us next season, gave a soft couple of penalties and dropped a dolly. I thought we lost it after Roberts went off. Casey and Keating on together = no points.

Yep agree after Roberts went off it was all left to Sandow plus the inexperience backline. At least with Roberts we had two attacking options. Hopefully he won't be out for to long and with Hayne and Tonga back we the backline looks are lot better.

I am happy they only really scored there points from us giving them constant field position - you can only defend for so long.

Latest posts