What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels vs Broncos game thread

SDM

First Grade
I was looking for scapegoats, but I couldn't see past that fat slug Poore.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He's right. Sandow will be a different player in the next few weeks than the one he has been this week and the last four years

Can't wait to see it.

Dally M Rookie in his first year through to a genuine match winner last year. That's why everyone in the game talks him up, especially the Queenslanders - Wayne Bennett thinks he's awesome.

The only people who put shit on him are bitter Souths fans and Parra haters.

Kornstar

Coach
Sandow will be good for us but as I said after the trials, he looks like he is a tad bit underdone, also doesn't help that the service he is getting is completely shit!!! As the season goes on I am confident he will be a great buy.

The players individually I didnt really have a problem with, some really good performances but just like last year they are not playing as a team, there appears to be no trust at all.......

Kearney needs to get them to gel otherwise the knives will well and truly be out!

Gronk

Staff member
It was the schoolboy errors that pissed me off the most. Drop balls, undisciplined around the ruck, kicks charged down or poor 5th tackle options. Then when we actually got into their 20M, we had NFI what to do.

You can't win matches playing like that and good teams will put you to the sword.

ParraSteve

Juniors
There was a spell in the 2nd half of about 10 minutes where I reckon our kicks didn't get past the 50. That early defence took it out of us, we were buggered by the 50th minute

Maroubra Eel

Coach
There was a spell in the 2nd half of about 10 minutes where I reckon our kicks didn't get past the 50. That early defence took it out of us, we were buggered by the 50th minute

The f**kers kept charging own our kicks. Gonna have to fix this up.

Bow_rider

Juniors
Sandow looked unfit to me. He struggled with the pace of the game in the last 20 mins. That is when his kicking game fell apart.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Parra fan watching live game Eels vs Broncos Friday night 2nd March 2012

ManOnCouchSnoring.jpg.w560h373.jpg

Maroubra Eel

Coach
That's pretty funny Casper. I was watching it at home on the lounge and I did fall asleep with 10 mins to go. I woke up and the cricket was on.

bartman

Immortal
Came out after half time and played very poorly, after competing well in attack and defence in the first half. I'm a bit worried about how often we do that....

salvy71

Juniors
I was pleased with the defence overall ....the attack was atrocious ....but most of that backline wouldn't have known each other from a bar of soap a few months ago ....hopefully it's just a lack of combination and will improve .

lingard

Coach
f**k it's only the first game we are already missing three starting backs (Hayne, Tonga and Loko) and then another goes off in the second half (Roberts).

The Broncos are a good team. We let them off the hook in the second half but really they should have been ahead by that point already.

I agree with those sentiments. I saw enough last night to make me happy. We`re going to need a really good hooker before we challenge for a premiership, but we`ll be nice and competitive this year.

Captain Rabbit

Juniors
Are you sure you're a Souths fan???? A far to intelligent and thought out post.

That's a bit harsh Hiney :lol:. Most of us long suffering bunnies are good people - I reckon all clubs have their fair share of ratbag supporters.

As for Sandow, he has some rough edges but I like the kid, and good luck to you guys for signing him. The way I see it is if you snooze you lose - and Richo snoozed big time unfortunately for us.

I hope Kearney doesn't try and over coach him though. He has just got to play what he sees in front of him. He will make errors and he will miss tackles but I can guarantee he will win you more than he loses you.

I am interested in what Parra fans impressions are of Stephen Kearney so far? Must admit i'm not convinced about him yet.

True EEL

Bench
PARRA EELS 2012!!!!! yeah, whoo hoo, yeow, bring it on, can't wait, yeaaaaahhhhh!!!!!

oh wait, its just like 2011.....*sad, sad face*

True EEL

Bench
Parra fan watching live game Eels vs Broncos Friday night 2nd March 2012

ManOnCouchSnoring.jpg.w560h373.jpg

i have to say, i felt like falling asleep watching it, even though i could only watch bits and pieces whilst at a BBQ...so then I watched the recording of it this morning and actually almost did fall asleep, which was sad :(

IFR33K

Coach
Can someone please confirm what injury ben Roberts picked up, and how long he is expected to be sidelined.

Latest posts