What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels's Trials, Dates and Locations

IFR33K

Coach
You must remember, it's just a trial.

We had three certain starters, one being one of the best in the game missing.

We had mullaney pick up an early leg injury of some sort, that had him hobbling around. He was also sin binned, and wests crossed over twice with him off the field.

Wests did manage to score a couple of arsey tries.

We had blown three tries ourselves.

We did look good going wide early on occasions, with tonga breaking the line.

Loko came on with 20 to go, and with limited touches, looked strong.

One thing I did notice, not sure if anyone noticed as well, we seemed to have quick play-the-balls.

Best of all, didn't see sandow attempt a shoulder charge.

Plenty of improvement left, and the plane still to come, I think we'll go well in '13'.

IFR33K

Coach

hineyrulz

Post Whore

strider

Post Whore
we're hanging alot of improvement on ben smith :lol: .... alot of people aren't even naming him in their top 17 :lol:

spiderdan

Bench
Didn't take long for the first Parra struggle in defence without Hindy article :lol:

Its a f**king trial game, sure it's nice to win these things but as long as we came through with no injuries i'm not slitting my wrists over it. This year was always going to be a struggle.
yep. The way some people go on about missing hindy you'd think that when our opposition had the ball our whole team (except hindy) would get replace by 10 hindy clones. Sure he saved a fair number of tries and cleaned up a lot of things but plenty of times teams would score in the following plays after hindy made try savers, and it's not like our defence was any good the last few years even when he was there.

It's just a trial. It gives the coaching staff and players an indication of what they need to if e tune before rd 1, as well as building some match fitness.

As always, if we are 5-5 after ten games then I am happy.

Ant

Juniors
Not too worried, trials are trials. You never know where the two sides are with their prep. Sometimes a side is playing under fatigue after a heavy training week, and the other might have freshened Up.
Anyway we have enough pre seasons where we have blitzed oppositions only to be 1 from 5 in the regular season.
Score line not ideal but as long as no major injuries its not big deal.

Only Ricky and the team will know if its a big deal.

Bring on the real season.

Latest posts