What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Egg on cowboys faces

jc155776

Coach
Smashed window being reported now as well....

A certain club media unit gonna have to try and cover this up a bit better it seems...

butchmcdick

Immortal
:lol: Remind me again who won the GF, because these salty ass Cows fans barely act like premiers. Adding a bit of salt to your scrambled eggs really makes the meal

The Cowboys won

We levelled the scores with a great try to Kyle Feldt with the last play of regular time

Your team was a second away from glory and f**ked it up

Then in extra time Ben hunt dropped the kick off

Jt hit a drop goal from the next set of six

I'm surprised you can't remember IBM

Here mate, watch this to remind yourself.

You can thank me later mate

GongPanther

Referee
No question about the paint damage.. But the denting i still have doubts over..

Never seen an egg dent a car.. Hell, I've rarely even seen one break a window..

Take an egg,and at both ends with the palms of your hands,gradually squeeze the egg....or try breaking an egg by holding both ends with one of your thumbs,and the other end with your pointer finger,and squeeze.The egg is a natural protective shape and as so,is hard to break.And if thrown at a car,and if the egg hits the car at the precise angle [either end] and at speed,the chances of damaging the car are pretty good.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Take an egg,and at both ends with the palms of your hands,gradually squeeze the egg....or try breaking an egg by holding both ends with one of your thumbs,and the other end with your pointer finger,and squeeze.The egg is a natural protective shape and as so,is hard to break.And if thrown at a car,and if the egg hits the car at the precise angle [either end] and at speed,the chances of damaging the car are pretty good.
hmmm... i'll have to go try my experiment again at lunchtime today, focusing on trying to hit the cars with the pointy end of the egg..

i'll relay my findings..

carcharias

Immortal
hmmm... i'll have to go try my experiment again at lunchtime today, focusing on trying to hit the cars with the pointy end of the egg..

i'll relay my findings..

Throw em at your own car as hard as you can.
Just to be sure .

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Throw em at your own car as hard as you can.
Just to be sure .

but by using the term "them" you are implying throwing more than one at my own car, which would ruin the statistical validation of the experiment..

so if i use two, effectively doubling the number of eggs thrown at each individual vehicle, i could only test on six vehicles, which would further dilute the overall catchment of results as i would be skewing the findings towards a lesser number of vehicles.

to counteract this, i'll have to buy two cartons (which at this stage will need to be caged eggs as buying two cartons of free range just to throw at cars would feel like a waste of money) and throw two eggs at each car.

to make you happy carch, i'll even throw them at my own car.

i do wonder though, if i was to hard boil some of the eggs, what would the impact be on the vehicles? surely it would protect the paintwork from getting the runny egg bits all over the car..?

carcharias

Immortal
If your throwing eggs you always throw in multiples .
It's just an unwritten rule.
Everybody knows it.

Grapple

Bench
"Yeah, anything short of domestic violence is gonna be overlooked," said local police chief, Ben Katter.
The Cowboys won

We levelled the scores with a great try to Kyle Feldt with the last play of regular time

God that was such an epic GF. Hopefully this one gets to a similar level! Might be pretty hard though.

BestHookerRein

Juniors
The Cowboys won

I guess you could say, there's egg on @I Bleed Maroon's face now.....

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Five North Queensland Cowboys players charged with wilful damage and may face further charges

Subscriber only

The North Queensland Cowboys players could face additional police charges following reports the club have tried to downplay allegations the group egged up to five show cars in Townsville on Wednesday night.

The five players – Kiwi international Jason Taumololo, NRL-contracted players Tautau Moga and Braden Uele, and Holden Cup players Kalyn Ponga and Jake Clifford – were yesterday hit with two charges of wilful damage in relation to the alleged incident in the parking lot of a Night Owl convenience store. They are set to face court on October 11.

But police sources last night confirmed the players could face further charges following eyewitness reports the incident left one of the vehicles with a cracked windshield and put dents in others.

The victims of the alleged attack, Ashley Olsen and Schae Gregory, claimed last night they were hanging out with friends when the group of men threw eggs at them, not once, but twice in the space of two hours.

The pair said they first saw the group early in the night when they allegedly bought five dozen eggs from the Night Owl on Hugh St.

Mr Olsen said the group hid behind bushes around 10pm and launched eggs at them as they sat around talking in the carpark of the Hugh St complex, hitting them and their cars.

He said around two hours later a car pulled up on Hugh St and a group of people jumped out of the car and threw eggs at them with enough force to crack a windshield and put dents in others.

“They hid in the bushes and threw eggs at us, then maybe two hours later they were throwing eggs at us from across the road,” Mr Olsen “We were just minding our own business and they just started pegging us with eggs.

“It doesn’t really sit well with me. I didn’t think these guys would do something like that, maybe 12-year-olds.

“The police have rung me and said the Cowboys want to talk to me, by the sounds of it they want to try to keep it quiet.”

Ms Gregory was hit with one of the eggs during the incident and when she saw the car pulled over by police, she ran to tell them what had occurred.

“We jumped in our cars to go find them and found them pulled over by the cops,” Ms Gregory said.

“I jumped out of the car and ran over to the cop and asked if they’d pulled them up for that reason, but they’d only pulled them up for an RBT. I showed the cop all the photos and told him to have a look at all our cars.”

Police sources yesterday backed the claims of Mr Olsen and Ms Gregory, saying the players could face further charges than the two counts of wilful damage they’ve already been slapped with.

Ms Gregory said she was furious with Cowboys coach Paul Green, who tried to play the incident down yesterday as the Cowboys boarded their flight to Melbourne for tomorrow night’s NRL qualifying final against the Storm.

“In the whole scheme of things though, let’s keep it in context, we are talking about an egging here,” Green said.

“It’s disappointing if it does turn out to be true as it’s not what we are about as a club. But ... we are talking about an egging here and let’s keep it in context.”

NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg was highly critical of the accused Cowboys players, particularly Taumololo, saying the incident was “not OK”.

“He’s (Taumololo) let his club down and he’s let the game down,” Greenberg said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...s/news-story/5358b88328b8dedb5d5c4664ee2701b3

These guys are f**ked.

Latest posts