What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Elektrik Shocks 2012 NRL Preview

Elektrik Shock

Juniors
Hi everybody!

New poster here, but I’ve been a long time lurker. I've compiled a 2012 preview of the upcoming NRL season, hope you all enjoy!

Melbourne Storm

Strongest 17

1. Billy Slater
2. Matt Duffie
3. Will Chambers
4. Justin O'Neill
5. Dane Neilsen
6. Gareth Widdop
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cam Smith
10. Jason Ryles
11. Sika Manu
12. Kevin Proctor
13. Ryan Hoffman

14. Ryan Hinchcliffe
15. Bryan Norrie
16. Maurice Blair
17. Micheal Greenfield

Gains -

Jason Ryles (Roosters), Siosaia Vave (Sharks), Micheal Greenfield (Dragons), Ryan Hoffman (Wigan), Will Chambers (Munster RU), Mitch Garbutt (Newcastle), Shea Moylan (Broncos)

X-Factor - Billy Slater

Who else? On his day is the most electrifying and damaging full-back in the world, won the Dally M in 2011 and is looking for a bigger 2012.

Look out for - Justin O'Neill

Justin has paid his dues doing his apprenticeship via the 20's & NSW cup and now is his time. After an abrupt end to 2011 due to a lower back injury look for Justin to explode out of the blocks in 2012 and cement a starting centre spot.

Strength -

Melbourne still retains the most dangerous spine in the NRL and with the young support staff getting better and more match hardened, it's hard to see Melbourne not being there come the business end of the season.

Weakness -

Any injury to one of Smith, Slater or Cronk could spell curtains for the Storms chances, while other players are capable of filling in, any long term period without these 3 on the field will hurt the Storm, they are the heart of everything good they do.

Attacking Rank - #3

Defensive Rank - #1

Odds - $9.00

Elektrik Shocks Prediction - Premiers

New Zealand Warriors

Strongest 17

1. Kevin Locke
2. Glen Fiishiashi
3. Krisnan Inu
4. Konrad Hurrell
5. Manu Vatuvei
6. James Maloney
7. Shaun Johnson
8. Sam Rapira
9. Nathan Friend
10. Russell Packer
11. Feleti Mateo
12. Simon Mannering
13. Elijah Taylor

14. Lewis Brown
15. Jacob Lillyman
16. Ben Matulino
17. Ukuma Ta'ai

Gains -

Nathan Friend (Titans)

X-Factor - Shaun Johnson

This wonder kid burst onto the scene in 2011 and led the Warriors to GF day, and along the way made alot of very good defenders look silly. I expect him to step it up another gear in 2012 and establish himself as one of the true superstars of the game.

Look out for - Konrad Hurrell

Hurrell was easily the most dangerous and damaging centre in the NYC last season, and i fully expect him to carry it onto the top grade. A ball of muscle, this wrecking machine may need a little more experience before his thrown in the deep end, but he will get his chance.

Strength -

They kept alot of their GF squad together but upgraded the most important position on the field, hooker. Nathan Friend will help this team tremendously and after the experience of 2011 i believe this team can go just as close again in 2012.

Weakness -

The modern game is more of a grind and percentages game, the Warriors are sometimes guilty of playing hot potato footy when it isn't required, sometimes it pays off, but sometimes it doesn't. They need to learn when to be conservative and when to be flamboyant.

Attacking Rank - #1

Defensive Rank - #5

Odds - $11.00

Elektrik Shocks Prediction - Runner's Up

Manly Sea Eagles

Strongest 17

1. Brett Stewart
2. Michael Oldfield
3. Jamie Lyon
4. Steve Matai
5. David Williams
6. Keiran Foran
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Jason King (c)
9. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Tony Williams
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Darcy Lussick
15. Jamie Buhrer
16. George Rose
17. Joe Galavao

Gains -

Nick Skinner (Raiders), Ben Farrar (Catalan), Liam Roach (Mackay)

X-Factor - Tony Williams

T-Rex really came of age late in 2011 and was simply superb in Manly's Premiership charge, and his form in the end of year 4 Nations was also very impressive. I expect T-Rex to keep up his rampaging style of play in 2012 and be even harder to stop then ever.

Look out for - Daly Cherry-Evans

This kid had a phenomenal 2011 and alot contribute Manlys 2011 success down to Cherry-Evans and his amazing debut NRL season. Unless the dreaded 2nd year syndrome curse strikes Daly down i see another big year for the young playmaker, possibly rep honours.

Strength -

Like the Warriors, Manly have retained the bulk of their Premiership squad, and they have a familiar look and feel of be there done that, not many could stop them last year and i don't see that changing much this year.

Weakness -

Their biggest problem is off-field drama's starting with the loss of head coach Des Hasler. Who knows how much Hasler's loss will really affect the team? Can Geoff Toovey keep the team firing at the same level Des could? Only time will tell but one thing is certain, Des is a proven quality coach.

Attacking Rank - #4

Defensive Rank - #2

Odds - $9.00

Elektrik Shocks Prediction - 3rd

Sydney Roosters ***ELEKTRIK SHOCKS DARKHORSE***

Strongest 17

1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Sam Perrett
3. Tautau Moga
4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
5. BJ Leilua
6. Braith Anasta (c)
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Jared Warea-Hargreaves
9. Jake Friend
10. Martin Kennedy
11. Aiden Guerra
12. Mitchell Aubusson
13. Frank-Paul Nuuausala

14. Daniel Mortimer
15. Mose Masoe
16. Lama Tasi
17. Boyd Cornder

Gains -

Jack Bosden (Dragons), Peni Tagive (Dragons), Daniel Tupou (Eels), Adam Henry (Warriors), Josh Ailaomai (Knights), Daniel Mortimer (Eels), Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (Otahuhu, NZ)

X-Factor - Jake Friend

The Roosters have no idea how valuable Jake Friend is, i can recall atleast half a dozen games last year that that efforts of this kid were the difference between winning and losing. He has rallied back from a clouded past but is now one of the premier 9's in the NRL and would surely be looking at QLD honours if not for Cameron Smith

Look out for - Tautau Moga

At 18 Moga still has afew years left of NYC, but i doubt you'll see much of him there. A player in the mold of Greg Inglis, Moga will be eased into 1st grade but once he is there look out. A definate superstar of the future.

Strength -

The Roosters have one of the most exciting young forward packs in the NRL. JWH, Friend, Kennedy, Masoe, Tasi, Cordner, Guerra i mean these guys are just kids, especially towards the back end of last year they were starting to steamroll teams. With a full off-season together and another year older, look for this pack to dominate just about everyone else it plays. This is the main reason i place them so high.

Weakness -

The loss of Todd Carney will hurt the team creatively, Anasta and Minnichello are getting a little old and abit slower, in such crucial positions it's hard to see them going all the way with these old legs. Can Mortimer or Tuivasa-Sheck step up and give them abit more flair?

Attacking Rank - #8

Defensive Rank - #6

Odds - $21.00

Elektrik Shocks Prediction - 4th

Newcastle Knights

Strongest 17

1. Darius Boyd
2. James McManus
3. Junior Sau
4. Timana Tahu
5. Akuila Uate
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Kurt Gidley
8. Kade Snowden
9. Danny Buderus
10. Evarn Tuimavave
11. Neville Costigan
12. Chris Houston
13. Joel Edwards

14. Matt Hilder
15. Zeb Taia
16. Richard Fa'aoso
17. Adam Cuthbertson

Gains -

Kade Snowden (Sharks), Timana Tahu (Panthers), Darius Boyd (Dragons), Alex McKinnon (Dragons), Danny Buderus (Leeds), Adam Cuthbertson (Dragons), Mark Wade (Merewether Carlton), Dane Laurie (Panthers)

X-Factor - Darius Boyd

Jeez don't the knights look about 1000 times better with this guy at the back. A big reason the Dragons were so successful for the past few years, now he links with his old coach Wayne Bennett up at the Knights, and if he can still pull off that sweeping play he used to do with Brett Morris, imagine it with Akuila Uate on the end of it.

Look out for - Joel Edwards

You wouldn't have thought 2011 was Edwards first year in the NRL, one of the true hitmen of the game, i fully expect this young novacastrian to not only ring afew bells, but also cause afew headaches of the defence, i think Bennett will get the best out of him and turn him into abit of a ballplayer perhaps too.

Strength -

Wayne Bennett. Where ever Bennett goes Premierships soon follow. They have also recruited really well and with the whole town behind them and the Bennett factor i expect top 8, but i'm sure they are thinking top 4.

Weakness -

Jarrod Mullen. This kid is an enigma isn't he? We all know he is talented, but he just can't ever seem to get it happening consistently, can the great Wayne Bennett get him firing? Because if he can't i cannot see the Knights being a realistic threat to the title.

Attacking Rank - #5

Defensive Rank - #4

Odds - $9.00

Elektrik Shocks Prediction - 5th

Wests Tigers

Strongest 17

1. James Tedesco
2. Lote Tuqiri
3. Blake Ayshford
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Joel Reddy
6. Benji Marshall
7. Tim Moltzen
8. Aaron Woods
9. Robbie Farah (c)
10. Keith Galloway
11. Adam Blair
12. Gareth Ellis
13. Chris Heighington

14. Liam Fulton
15. Ben Murdoch-Masila
16. Matt Groat
17. Matthew Bell

Gains -

Adam Blair (Storm), Joel Reddy (Eels), Matthew Bell (Panthers) , John Grant (Rugby Union), Tom Humble (Eels), Jack Spencer (Salford), Dane Chisholm (Storm)

X-Factor - Benji Marshall

We all know what Benji is capable of, and the only season he went through the whole year uninjured the Tigers won a Premiership. Whether it be a chip, flick or no look pass Benji has the whole arsenal in his trick bag, and I’m sure the Tigers will snag afew wins this years solely on the back of this freak of the game.

Look out for - James Tedesco

Another 20's graduate who i have no doubt will eventually be an NRL regular. Has speed to burn and a real good footy brain, he looks to be the goods at such a young age, i guess it just depends on whether Tim Sheens wants to give the kid a chance, i also rated Jake Mullaney highly.

Strength -

The Tigers seem to be one of the few teams that has mastered the perfect mix of flamboyant creative footy and tough conservative footy. If they can improve their leaky defence they will definitely be challenging come the business end of the year.

Weakness -

The Tigers are quite strong across the paddock, there biggest problem has always been consistency, they always seem to step up against quality opposition, but flounder against lesser opponents. Every game is worth 2 points no matter who you beat. Also we all know they can score points, but can they stop them?

Attacking Rank - #2

Defensive Rank - #10

Odds - $8.00

Elektrik Shocks Prediction - 6th

Brisbane Broncos

Strongest 17

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Gerard Beale
3. Jack Reed
4. Justin Hodges
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Corey Norman
7. Peter Wallace
8. Ben Hannant
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Petero Civoniceiva
11. Alex Glenn
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Matt Gillett
15. Josh McGuire
16. Ben Te'o
17. Ben Hunt

Gains -

Luke Capewell (Titans), Petero Civoniceva (Panthers), Nick Slyney (Redcliffe)

X-Factor - Jack Reed

Where did this guy come from? What a debut year 2011 was for this red headed pom. Has already made his International debut and will play in this weeks NRL All-Star game. I believe we didn't see anywhere near the best Jack can offer and i think he will no doubt stamp himself as one of the premier centres in the world this year.

Look out for - Josh Hoffman

Josh has had a terrible run with injuries over his short career, but with a full pre-season under his belt i expect him to explode in 2012. One of the best at busting tackles in the game, Josh is also extremely good defensively aswell as sound under the high ball. Rep honours are down the line i believe.

Strength -

They have a good portion of the best young players in the game who are now all a year older but most importantly a year wiser, combined with afew old heads like Petero and Thaiday, i believe they will once again be thereabouts towards the back end of the year.

Weakness -

Can they cover the loss of a living legend like Darren Lockyer? Many pundits believe so but the replacements like Norman and Hunt are just so inexperienced and don't provide that aura a Lockyer does. In the crunch who will step up now?

Attacking Rank - #6

Defensive Rank - #3

Odds - $11.00

Elektrik Shocks Prediction - 7th

South Sydney Rabbitohs

Strongest 17

1. James Roberts
2. Nathan Merrit
3. Matt King
4. Greg Inglis
5. Dylan Farrell
6. John Sutton
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Sam Burgess
9. Issac Luke
10. Roy Asotasi
11. Jason Clarke
12. Dave Taylor
13. Michael Crocker

14. Luke Burgess
15. Eddy Pettybourne
16. Ben Lowe
17. Nathan Peats

Gains -

Matt King (Warrington), Ryan Carr (Redcliffe), Justin Hunt (Redcliffe)

X-Factor - Greg Inglis

When GI shows up very few can stop him, and if the Rabbitohs are to make the finals GI is going to have to consistently fire right throughout the season. If he does watch out everyone else, in form he is the best in the biz.

Look out for - Jason Clarke

I like this guy, i think he is a really scrappy, hungry little player who always puts himself in the line of fire and doesn't let anyone down, a future leader of the club i believe and at such a young age is only going to improve rapidly, a future rep player for sure.

Strength -

Souths have an expectation placed on them every year, and this is their greatest strength i believe, with more ticketed members than most (if not all) other clubs, Souths have the supporter base to get them up and over the line, there is alot of pride in that jersey, these players need to be willing to bleed for it. The red & green will scrape into finals footy this year.

Weakness -

Depth Seems to be Souths biggest issue. In many positions if any personnel suffer a serious injury they don’t have the quality depth of alot of the other clubs. There are also question marks over the half back position. Madge Maguire as head coach can only be a good thing.

Attacking Rank - #7

Defensive Rank - #12

Odds - $15.00

Elektrik Shocks Prediction - 8th

Canberra Raiders

Strongest 17

1. Josh Dugan
2. Blake Ferguson
3. Jarrod Croker
4. Shaun Berrigan
5. Reece Robinson
6. Terry Campese (c)
7. Sam Williams
8. Tom Learoyd Lahrs
9. Glenn Buttriss
10. Dave Shillington
11. Josh Papalii
12. Joel Thompson
13. Shaun Fenson

14. Bronson Harrison
15. Brett White
16. Dane Tilse
17. Joe Picker

Gains -

Shaun Berrigan (Warriors), Malcolm Congoo (Sunshine Coast)

X-Factor - Josh Dugan

If Dugan can stay fit the sky is the limit for this lanky full back. Already getting a taste of origin football and being a mainstay of the All-Stars team, Dugan is already regarded as a star of the NRL, but he is yet to complete a full dominating season of footy, which is what Canberra need from him. 2012 may well be that year.

Look out for - Josh Papalii

This lump of a lad burst on the scene late last year for the green machine with afew dominating performances against players much more experienced than himself, word is he is killing it in pre season training and i think Josh is in for a monster season.

Strength -

Campese and Dugan. If they can remain on the field all year i give them a great chance of sneaking into the 8, but the NRL is a tough competition and neither have been holding up physically the last few years, there’s a good chance one will go down at some point which is why i think they will just miss out on finals footy.

Weakness -

Defensively Canberra were horrible last year, they leaked some monster scores and they will need to tighten this up in 2012 if they are going to be any chance. They also need the 3/4 line to consistently step up and contribute, Croker especially.

Attacking Rank - #10

Defensive Rank - #15

Odds - $26.00

Elektrik Shocks Prediction - 9th

North Queensland Cowboys

Strongest 17

1. Matt Bowen
2. Ashley Graham
3. Kane Linnett
4. Brent Tate
5. Kalifa Fai Fai Loa
6. Robert Lui
7. Johnathan Thurston
8. Matt Scott
9. Aaron Payne
10. James Tamou
11. Tariq Sims
12. Jason Taumololo
13. Dallas Jonson

14. James Segeyaro
15. Scott Bolton
16. Glenn Hall
17. Gavin Cooper

Gains -

Kane Linnett (Roosters), Luke Harlen (Northern Pride), Robert Lui (Wests Tigers)

X-Factor - Johnathan Thurston

Arguably the most complete player in the game, Thurston has pretty much carried the Cowboys on his back for some time, but now the squad are starting to pick up abit of the slack and are looking better for it. Will switch to 5/8 at some point through 2012, will it prove a masterstroke? It's JT, he will still kill it.

Look out for - Jason Taumololo

Holy **** is what alot of other players will be thinking when this giant runs at them this year. Has great footwork for a big man and after already getting a taste of the NRL in 2011 I’m sure he is keen to consolidate his position in 2012. Remember the name.

Strength -

JT. He is behind just about every attacking play the Cowboys produce, if he can fire all year i give them some chance, i just don’t see the potency in the outside backs to really trouble some of the better teams. Also have one of the best packs in the comp.

Weakness -

Age and weakness in the backs is a concern. Guys like Bowen, Graham and Tate are a year older and that bit slower, and they didn't exactly set the world on fire last year. I also have my doubts over Lui in the 7 jersey and If JT gets hurt they're done.

Attacking Rank - #9

Defensive Rank - #7

Odds - $17.00

Elektrik Shocks Prediction - 10th

St George/Illawarra Dragons

Strongest 17

1. Kyle Stanley
2. Jason Nightingale
3. Chase Stanley
4. Matt Cooper
5. Brett Morris
6. Jamie Soward
7. Ben Hornby (c)
8. Dan Hunt
9. Dean Young
10. Michael Weyman
11. Beau Scott
12. Ben Creagh
13. Matt Prior

14. Nathan Fien
15. Trent Merrin
16. Leeson Ah Mau
17. Jack de Balin

Gains -

Chase Stanley (Storm), Will Matthews (Titans),Jeremy Latimore (Warriors), Leeson Ah Mau (Cowboys), Daniel Vidot (Raiders), Josh Miller (Raiders), Atelea Vea (Storm), Denan Kemp (Rugby Union), Ray Cashmere (Salford)

X-Factor - Jamie Soward

The little man in the headgear is at the heart of all the Dragons plays. A real competitor who can pull something out of nothing, defences always need to be on guard when this guys is near the ball. Can he still perform without his Mentor? Time will tell.

Look out for - Jack De Bellin

A classy hard working backrower, De Bellin won the NYC under 20's player of the year in 2011 is is expected to step into 1st grade and play some solid minutes. I don't think he will let coach Price down, he looks the goods and should get plenty of experience in 2012.

Strength -

They may have lost Bennett, but the core of the squad still remains, with the lessons they learnt under Bennett engrained in them, i expect a relentless defensive unit of years gone by, i just cant see them scoring enough to compete with the better sides.

Weakness -

Without Bennett, can Price be as effective as his Mentor was at getting the best out of this squad. Also big questions marks on their attacking potency, if Soward gets hurt they are in alot of trouble, young Kyle Stanley looks like a goer though.

Attacking Rank - #14

Defensive Rank - #7

Odds - $15.00

Elektrik Shocks Prediction - 11th

Parramatta Eels

Strongest 17

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Luke Burt
3. Esi Tonga
4. Willie Tonga
5. Jacob Loko
6. Ben Roberts
7. Chris Sandow
8. Tim Mannah
9. Matt Keating
10. Fui Fui Moi Moi
11. Nathan Hindmarsh (c)
12. Taniela Lasalo
13. Justin Horo

14. Casey McGuire
15. Mitchell Allgood
16. Reni Maitua
17. Justn Poore

Gains -

Chris Sandow (Rabbitohs), Ben Roberts (Bulldogs), Esi Tonga (Titans), Taulima Tautai (Sharks), Willie Tonga (Cowboys), Jamil Hopoate (Sea Eagles), Jon Mannah (Sharks), Semi Radradra (Fiji Sevens)

X-Factor - Chris Sandow

Single handedly won games for Souths in 2011 and Parramatta will be looking for similar efforts from this dynamo in 2012. Blinding speed and a surprisingly aggressive yet not always effective defender, Chris is like a little pitbull that wont give in, or give up. Also a classy goalkicker.

Look out for - Jacob Loko

This guy can play, has superstar written all over him, its such a shame he has again been injured and looks set to miss a good chunk of the season. It's a shame because he could really make a difference this year but hopefully they get him back towards the end of the year, he will be a real asset.

Strength -

Nathan Hindmarsh typifies what it is to be a modern day warrior. This guy deserves a premiership ring more than anyone in the game but he cant do it on his own, the other forwards need to step up. I'm excited to see what a Sandow/Hayne combination can do, should be exciting.

Weakness -

On paper they always look a threat but for some reason have trouble turning up on game day, they are a team you only see their absolute best a handful of times per year, they need to up that ratio, we need to see it alot more if they are any chance of doing anything this year.

Attacking Rank - #11

Defensive Rank - #9

Odds - $15.00

Elektrik Shocks Prediction - 12th

Gold Coast Titans

Strongest 17

1. Jordan Rankin
2. Kevin Gordon
3. Jamal Idris
4. Beau Champion
5. David Mead
6. Will Zillman
7. Scott Prince (c)
8. Luke Bailey (c)
9. Matt Srama
10. Luke Douglas
11. Nate Myles
12. Greg Bird
13. Ashley Harrison

14. Beau Falloon
15. Bodene Thompson
16. Ryan James
17. Mark Minichiello

Gains -

Jamal Idris (Bulldogs), Luke Douglas (Sharks), Beau Champion (Storm), Nate Myles (Roosters), Beau Falloon (Rabbitohs), Adam Sezer (Bulldogs), Phil Graham (Roosters)

X-Factor - Jamal Idris

We all know what big Jamal is capable of, and with a change of scenery and replacing some fat with muscle we might finally see the best of Idris. With speed on the flanks he needs to play the power role and i believe he will play well under Cartwrights structure, but can Prince get him the good early ball he needs?

Look out for - Kevin Gordon

After missing all of 2011 through injury, Gordon is primed for a big 2012. One of the quickest backs in the NRL, he will no doubt be the point of attack for alot of the Titans attacking raids. Hopefully he didn't lose to much speed, some never come back the same from a knee reco.

Strength -

Some great signings make the team look really good on paper, but i feel they may just need some time to gel, and while they are waiting they will fall away from the pack, but they are in a rebuilding stage and i feel 2013 they will become a force again. They won't be pushovers by any stretch.

Weakness -

Scott Prince was awful last year, and Zillman is primarily a fullback, i just can't see these 2 causing many other teams in the comp much of a problem, its a gaping hole in an otherwise strong looking 13.

Attacking Rank - #12

Defensive Rank - #14

Odds - $34.00

Elektrik Shocks Prediction - 13th

Cronulla Sharks

Strongest 17

1. Nathan Gardner
2. Matthew Wright
3. Ben Pomeroy
4. Colin Best
5. Stewart Mills
6. Todd Carney
7. Wade Graham
8. Bryce Gibbs
9. Issac De Gois
10. Ben Ross
11. Anthony Tupou
12. Jeremy Smith
13. Paul Gallen (c)

14. John Morris
15. Sam Tagataese
16. Jayson Bukuya
17. Andrew Fifita

Gains -

Mark Taufua (Knights), Jeff Robson (Eels), Bryce Gibbs (Wests Tigers), Andrew Fifita (Wests Tigers), Jon Green (Dragons), Isaac De Gois (Knights), Ben Ross (Rabbitohs), Jon Green (Dragons), Todd Carney (Roosters), Sosaia Feki (Warriors)

X-Factor - Todd Carney

Alot of Cronullas season will be riding on the form of Todd Carney, on and off the field. He has the ability to carry this team to the finals but one must question him, he has given us plenty of reasons in the past. But if he's head is on right he can be devastating and for the Sharks to even get a sniff of finals footy he needs to be perfect.

Look out for - Nathan Garnder

This little jack-in-the-box livewire has so much speed to burn that he is always a threat when the Sharks are attacking, he has a great instinct for the game but the kid has afew errors in him, but so did Billy Slater early on. He will score plenty this year.

Strength -

Paul Gallen is the first thing you think of when you think of strength and Cronulla in the same sentence. The rest of the boys need to take a page from his book and play their hearts out every game. Todd Carney is also a gamble, but it's all ace's if it pays off.

Weakness -

Their outside backs are terrible, and besides Gallen their forwards have been underperforming for ages, its time for them all to step up. They have the superstar Carney who can makes things happen on the back if some good work and field position, the rest just need to supply it and im just not sure the roster can comply.

Attacking Rank - #16

Defensive Rank - #13

Odds - $21.00

Elektrik Shocks Prediction - 14th

Canterbury Bulldogs***ELEKTRIK SHOCKS SHOCKERS***

Strongest 17

1. Ben Barba
2. Steve Turner
3. Tim Lafai
4. Josh Morris
5. Johnathan Wright
6. Kris Keating
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Michael Ennis (c)
10. James Graham
11. Dene Halatau
12. Frank Pritchard
13. David Stagg

14. Greg Eastwood
15. Martin Taupau
16. Josh Reynolds
17. Sam Kasiano

Gains -

James Graham (St Helens), Luke MacDougall (Saracens), James Gavet (Warriors)

X-Factor - Ben Barba

An absolute excitement machine, Barba will be looking to emulate his freakish 2011 try scoring strike rate. Hopefully he can work on his defence and work under the high ball, once he gets those right rep honours won't be far behind.

Look out for - James Graham

The fiery ginger from the ESL will be a hit in the NRL. He has a motor that rivals any in the competition and along with Aiden Tolman will be the hardest working front row around. It's a shame he isn't eligible for State of Origin because he is tailor made for it.

Strength -

Des Hasler. He will make this team fitter and mentally stronger, i just think he will need time. 2012 will be a big let down for Bulldogs fans i believe, but like the Titans they are a work in progress and will be back to climbing the ladder in 2013.

Weakness -

The squad just isn't up to the standards of others in the NRL. They wont be pushovers but i believe they will lose alot of close games this year. Though not that far behind the rest of the NRL in personnel, i just have a gut feeling they are in for a tough year.

Attacking Rank - #15

Defensive Rank - #11

Odds - $11.00

Elektrik Shocks Prediction - 15th

Elektrik Shock

Juniors
Penrith Panthers

Strongest 17

1. Lachlan Coote
2. Michael Gordon
3. Michael Jennings
4. Junior Vave
5. Sandor Earl
6. Travis Burns
7. Luke Walsh
8. Tim Grant
9. Kevin Kingston
10. Sam McKendry
11. Nathan Smith
12. Clint Newton
13. Luke Lewis

14. Nafe Seluini
15. Dayne Weston
16. Blake Austin
17. Nigel Plum

Gains -

Geoff Daniela (Panthers), Clint Newton (Hull KR), Chris Armit (Bulldogs), Cameron Ciraldo (Knights), Danny Galea (Raiders), Ryan Simpkins (Tweed Heads), Etu Uaisele (Eels), Junior Tia-Kilifi (Bulldogs)

X-Factor - Micheal Gordon

Before he was struck down with injury in 2011 Gordon was one of the form backs of the NRL. He will be looking to break into the NSW Origin team again in 2012 and be one of the few shining lights for the poor old Panthers this year. Damaging from fullback it will be interesting to see if he or Coote gets the nod for the number 1 jersey.

Look out for - Blake Austin

A Panthers junior who came all the way through the system, this kid was blooded in the back end of 2011 and never looked out of place. Super talented and keen to learn, 2012 will be a breakthrough year for Blake i feel.

Strength -

They have strike weapons out wide, but their forwards and halves are a long way below the rest of the NRL. I think if they give kids like Austin and Seijka a go they can make inroads but this year is definitely a rebuilding year.

Weakness -

The roster is just so far behind the rest of the competition they don't really have a chance. They will upset afew teams, but are my lock for the 2012 wooden spoon.

Attacking Rank - #13

Defensive Rank - #16

Odds - $26.00

Elektrik Shocks Prediction - 16th

Last edited:

Eels Dude

Coach
FYI Electrik shock, you may want to replace your 'look out for' completely for the Eels as Jacob Loko will miss the entire season through injury.

Elektrik Shock

Juniors
You want to place a monetary wager that the Dragons finish better than 11th?

No way lol. It was pretty hard compiling this list, the positions were just guesses and i'm very aware that you could flip the ladder and have just as good a chance of being right, its just a quick opinion, dragons are more than capable of making the 8, i just couldnt place them ahead of other teams, like i said, just personal opinion.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Obviously put a shitload of time and effort into this. Disagree with plenty of your predictions (especially sharks at 14th) but nonetheless well done.

Lego_Man

First Grade
Good stuff.

I'll never say "you're an idiot for putting Team X there", as every season throws up some surprises.

Noa

First Grade
Very good effort Elektrik.

Ignore any one who puts shit on your work and dont respond to them. They really arent worth the time.

mongoose

Coach
Not only are the Panthers dead last, they can't fit into the same post as the other 15 lol ... Poor Penrith.

Good read though.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Solid effort mate.

So long I couldn't be bothered reading it.

Good luck with your predictions. Good to see people putting it out there.

Elektrik Shock

Juniors
Very good effort Elektrik.

Ignore any one who puts shit on your work and dont respond to them. They really arent worth the time.

Thanks Noa, yeah i'm sure there are plenty of people with varying opinions, i guess they just cant comprehend that it is solely my opinion, not fact. Some people take things so personally i'm well aware i can very well be way off on every prediction, odds on i am lol :)