What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Elektrik Shocks 2012 NRL Preview

I will pull you up on saying we have no idea how valuable Jake Friend is when he was our player of the year. Smithy can't shut up about how great he is. He is certainly valued by the club and has been valued for a long time.

shiznit

Coach
yeah not a bad read there mate...

its pretty much a lucky dip at this stage of the season so i cant exactly fault you on anything...

the only critique id probably have would be the strongest possible line ups... i can see a few glaring guys missing... Michael Luck from the warriors for example..

but not a bad effort there mate...

Elektrik Shock

Juniors
I will pull you up on saying we have no idea how valuable Jake Friend is when he was our player of the year. Smithy can't shut up about how great he is. He is certainly valued by the club and has been valued for a long time.

Fair comment, i guess i should have been more specific. I'm sure Braith, Mitchell and Anthony are all on more coin then Friend, but really don't deserve to be. Jake Friend is the Roosters best player and i feel public perception of him is he is a solid 1st grader, but not the star. They couldnt be more wrong. IMO ofcourse :p

Elektrik Shock

Juniors
yeah not a bad read there mate...

its pretty much a lucky dip at this stage of the season so i cant exactly fault you on anything...

the only critique id probably have would be the strongest possible line ups... i can see a few glaring guys missing... Michael Luck from the warriors for example..

but not a bad effort there mate...

Cheers, i really rate Taylor though, and IMO that is their best team. Out of curiosity who would you drop shiznit?

Fair comment, i guess i should have been more specific. I'm sure Braith, Mitchell and Anthony are all on more coin then Friend, but really don't deserve to be. Jake Friend is the Roosters best player and i feel public perception of him is he is a solid 1st grader, but not the star. They couldnt be more wrong. IMO ofcourse :p

To be fair Friend got a big pay rise before his contract was torn up and he'll get it back. He's proven he was sincere in wanting to get back to footy and change his lifestyle.

He's a great kid and will go on to be a fine player and hopefully even captain Easts.

2010Dragons

Bench
Tell him his dreaming....

The rooster will be first team in 2012 to sack thier coach.
The rooster will be lucky to make the top 10.....Tell him his dreaming.

Good read.

Not everyone is going to agree with it because every body thinks their team will make the 8.

Can't help but laugh at people having a cry about where their team was place.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
FYI Electrik shock, you may want to replace your 'look out for' completely for the Eels as Jacob Loko will miss the entire season through injury.

:(

Such a shame, he was promising last year. I would hate to think he'll struggle when he comes back, I hope hes just as good.

Electrik, two things with that team, I would replace Loko with Ken Sio, otherwise he would easily walk into the centre spot over Esi Tonga.

Ken Sio is going to be good winger for us.

And secondly, where is Ben Smith?? I would say Smith would be in that team somewhere probably in the 2nd row, and I would also move Maitua at lock as he must start every game.

Otherwise a good read. Top post mate.

natheel

Coach
Eels have the potential to finish top 4 but also could f**k it up to haha

so very understandable everyone is rating us from anywhere between 5th and 14th in these forums.

Doggies near bottom? i like, but i'd say they'll be more like 6th-9th

Roosters lower in the table imo

Storm 3rd
Cowboys Minor Premiers

Raider_69

Post Whore
Canberra 9th? Are you f**king kidding me, we'll win the comp, undefeated and we wont concede a single point!!!

/you didnt rate my team highly enough rage