What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Embarassing

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
yea but there's a difference between someone who is a regular literate poster who types a bit quickly and mucks up a bit of grammer... compared to da fully siick typng of da newagd boiiz n grlz todaii

when lecturing the posters of this forum, he could be a bit more specific and/or lenient*

*especially to bean

Suitman

Post Whore
JessEel said:
yea but there's a difference between someone who is a regular literate poster who types a bit quickly and mucks up a bit of grammer... compared to da fully siick typng of da newagd boiiz n grlz todaii

when lecturing the posters of this forum, he could be a bit more specific and/or lenient*

*especially to bean

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That is a clever and funny post.

Yeh!!!!, back off Jesus Boy!! ;-)

Suity

PS, it is.......but I still believe people can try a bit harder to get things right.

Suity 2.

btaag

Juniors
Lets not start using Australian school teachers as the benchmark for good grammar and expression – they are hardly what you could call ‘subject matter experts’!!! (I recall a fair few of NSW Public School teachers failing basic grammar tests). As for proof-reading posts, are they works of art, or relatively quickly put-together thoughts of a Parramatta / League supporter?. Is not/isnt/ isn’t the point more to get the idea across in a way that is 95% grammatically correct than to spend even 5 minutes more analysing the sentence structure of a post? I get enough of that at work every day, and as a poster who makes my fair share of typo’s and cuts many corners grammatically, I am more keen to have my thoughts on the record than to have a grammatically correct work of art on the forum.
Anyway, I had better shut-up now. Go Parra.

btaag

Juniors
I have a Dip Ed from the same University I think HJ went to, so I am throwing stones at my own glass house..... :crazy: :crazy:

Suitman

Post Whore
btaag said:
As for proof-reading posts, are they works of art, or relatively quickly put-together thoughts of a Parramatta / League supporter?.

You are right........they are quickly put together thoughts of Parra/League fans.
But, there is no reason why they shouldn't have correct spelling and grammer.
It is more a reflection of the Australian education system than the content of what you read.
Seriously, I have not been educated in grammer or spelling for 25 years, I am a builder, and have far more important things to concentrate my thoughts upon, yet can take the time to care about what I write and portray to others. Surely it isn't that hard for others to do the same?

Suity

CrazyEel

Bench
Suitman said:
Sorry people, but I have to agree, for once, ;-) with HJ here.

Nothing worse than trying to decipher a post due to poor spelling and laziness in grammer.
It only takes a second to proof read your own post.
If you have pride in your own intelligence, you would do it.

Suity
In that case please proof read your posts to ensure you spell 'grammar' correctly! :lol:

Angry_eel

First Grade
Hollywood Jesus said:
There is a difference between a typo and laziness/ignorance. Not once have I corrected someone on a simple typo, because they happen to even the best of us.

And as for the "internet" thing. Sure, why don't we use that as an excuse to let our society's literacy slip down the tubes. The internet is quite simply the worst thing that has EVER happened to the English language.
Without the internet, a couple of 100 million people wouldn't think of learning english language.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Who ever takes time to check for spelling errors when posting have issues.

It's a RL forum, not an essay, if i was getting paid to do it for enough.

Some people have to much spare time.

strider

Post Whore
Ron Jeremy said:
Who ever takes time to check for spelling errors when posting have issues.

It's a RL forum, not an essay, if i was getting paid to do it for enough.

Some people have to much spare time.

I'm with Ron on this one

Latest posts