What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ENG v NZ @ ANFIELD, LIVERPOOL // Sunday 4 Nov - Monday 01h30 (AEDT) 03h30 (NZDT)

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
But, league is a bit messed up in that an eye gouger can escape any kind of sanction and the commentary team can suggest that it was ok to rake a face in a tackle but try not to get near the eye. If you’re raking someone’s face and you get their eyes with it that isn’t accidental. Seriously WTF!
I didn't see the eye gouge at all or hear anything about it till now after reading it on here. The head should never ever be touched. Not the chin, the nose or any part of the head. When the tackle is completed, we've become accustomed to the odd 'press up on the head' as defenders get up off the already held attacker, but theres really no need for a hand to go near the head unless of course it was an accident.
I think Bromwich (K), not J - yet again he was one of our best, needs to go next week and Hughes needs to be put on the bench, we needs some spark at dummy when Smith is off and Hughes might be able to provide that.
Kenny made one good dart that I couldn't help but think - if only that was a quicker, noted attacker. Someone like Hughes would've been good.

Matua

Bench
I didn't see the eye gouge at all or hear anything about it till now after reading it on here. The head should never ever be touched. Not the chin, the nose or any part of the head. When the tackle is completed, we've become accustomed to the odd 'press up on the head' as defenders get up off the already held attacker, but theres really no need for a hand to go near the head unless of course it was an accident.

Kenny made one good dart that I couldn't help but think - if only that was a quicker, noted attacker. Someone like Hughes would've been good.
Wow, how did you miss it? They replayed it and commentators talked about it.

Haha, yep, that was a decent run by Kenny, but it looked like a heavy back rower not a swift hooker.

Also, I think Macguire needs to cop some flack for hooker, Smith is clearly carrying an injury, a hooker like player should have been in the squad - maybe Nikorima at hooker and bring in Te Maire Martin (who seems to a NZer who can shake of bad club form when playing for Kiwis).

If it is at least Bobby Digital won't be moaning. God forbid we win the series on Sunday. He'll need to be on suicide watch.

Spare me. I didn't comment on the last game for days, it wasn't until I came on here and saw the posts from like minded fans that I decided to say my piece.

We always get stitched up in England so no surprises today.

Springs09

Juniors
Yeah England would have won the last 2 World Cups and last 2 4 Nations down under if it weren't for the bloody Aussie refs.

hutch

First Grade
Just watched the replay. Great game, England were definitely the better team and probably would have won anyway but that last England try was clearly a knock on.

Matua

Bench
Just watched the replay. Great game, England were definitely the better team and probably would have won anyway but that last England try was clearly a knock on.
I'll take that from you, combine it with the eye gouge and claim the moral victory, add it to the non neutral ref last week and that's a moral series win to the Kiwis. ;)

Walter sobchak

First Grade
The kiwis kept switching off for large parts of the game and definitely looked the poorer when Brandon smith wasn’t on the pitch and he looked like he was carrying an injury as well.

Matua

Bench
The kiwis kept switching off for large parts of the game and definitely looked the poorer when Brandon smith wasn’t on the pitch and he looked like he was carrying an injury as well.
Yep, we went on tour without a fit 9 and the guy who could play 9 was used at halfback because we have a no Benji policy.

We're supposed to love MacGuire, but he's making Kidwell level errors on this tour.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Yep, we went on tour without a fit 9 and the guy who could play 9 was used at halfback because we have a no Benji policy.

We're supposed to love MacGuire, but he's making Kidwell level errors on this tour.
That kid Brandon smith is going to be a kiwi great. He’s got world class written all over him but like you say he clearly wasn’t 100% fit.

As for benji Marshall it’s obviously not ideal picking a player who is past his prime but it’s not exactly like you kiwis are stacked with halves. Personally I would have played Hughes or at least have him on the bench. I also would have went with isakoo ahead of maumalo on the wing.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
England were solid yesterday and I think many have underrated what a good side they are. The next world cup will be the closest of the modern era (post 2000). It's a shame there is no 4 nations next year with Tonga involved, it would have been perfect.

When we get to 2021, England will have the most experienced line-up of the big 3 with many of their stars at their peak and one chance at a home world cup to finally bring it home. The Kangaroos are a mental barrier for England as they can regularly beat the Kiwis who regularly (enough) beat the Kangaroos. This needs to be the generation to overcome it.

Lomax / Widdop / Smith / Hodgeson
Tedesco / Keary / Clearly / Cook
RTS / Johnson / Nikorima / Smith

There's really not much in it and that has never been the case. BTW Nikorima has looked really good at halfback for the Kiwis this series, just needs more involvement from Johnson.

thorson1987

Coach

Didn't Benji elect not to play any tests this year so he could have a proper pre season with Wests?

Pommy

Coach
Spare me. I didn't comment on the last game for days, it wasn't until I came on here and saw the posts from like minded fans that I decided to say my piece.

We always get stitched up in England so no surprises today.

And America?