What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ENG v NZ @ KCOM Stadium // Saturday 27 October - Sunday 00h30 (AEDT) 02h30 (NZDT)

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
1385.jpg

versus
imagesource.php

at KCOM, Hull

kcomstadium-cropped_m4ml9kf54z81tilgmq0clp7z.jpg

Live on FTA Channel 21 (L'Equipe)! https://www.lequipe.fr/lachainelequipe/video/evenements/rugby-a-xiii-test-match-angleterre-nouvelle-zelande-bande-annonce/x6vwt9w?xtref=https://www.google.fr/

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
They will - they have a coach.

Plus England are only rolling out 7 players against them.

There is no reason why, given the transitional period that the Kangaroos are in, that the Kiwis can't return to the # 1 ranking by the time the next world cup rolls around if MacGuire can keep the talented squad focused.

IntRLEnthusiast

Juniors
The importance of this series for International Rugby League is both in developing a rivalry that the fans can really look forward too and getting these teams more and more competitive with Aus. If NZ and Eng commit to playing each other when nothing else is on in order to play 5 or 6 tests in a year then i don't think it will be long before both countries are regularly beating Australia. Should be fascinating. I hope both teams lift rather than what happened in their last 3 test series where they seemed to drag each other down.

Springs09

Juniors
I can't disagree with you there. The ranking is open for anyone to take in the coming years. If England's WC final team played the current Kangaroos in the World Cup final - England would have the trophy.

You sure? I know we're pretty rubbish at the moment but England's England.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
You sure? I know we're pretty rubbish at the moment but England's England.

Hahah - I know what you mean but I was very impressed with them last year. Very experienced international team with superstars Burgess, Hodgson and Widdop (who seemed to grow a few feet in the England shirt last year) plus outstanding tournaments from Watkins and McGillvary.

Burns

First Grade
The 2013 WC Semi Final and 2014 Four Nations match were top class matches between these two.

Since then they've been pretty average. The 2015 Baskerville Series (when this last took place) was 3 dour matches, who could forget the London game? The 2016 Four Nations match was bit better. Denver Test was good, and showed that England are very much the number two nation in the world.

Amount of injuries to both teams is a shame. Will be interesting to see how 'generation next' go for both.

roughyedspud

Coach
Be a interesting series this now NZ have a decent coach....and we're abit down on numbers...could go 2-1 either way imo..

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Be a interesting series this now NZ have a decent coach....and we're abit down on numbers...could go 2-1 either way imo..
I agree and that’s what you want and need in sport. Especially international RL.

This series deserves to smash the 100,000 attendance barrier.

Pommy

Coach
I agree and that’s what you want and need in sport. Especially international RL.

This series deserves to smash the 100,000 attendance barrier.

Not sure that’s realistic to be honest. KCOM is 25,000 I don’t see a combined attendance at Anfield and Elland Road of 75,000.

IntRLEnthusiast

Juniors
I love the fact that English Rugby League organises are aiming high and going to bigger venues. It could be stock standard with lots of empty seats but it gives the opportunity for these events to be really successful.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Not sure that’s realistic to be honest. KCOM is 25,000 I don’t see a combined attendance at Anfield and Elland Road of 75,000.
If over 40,000 people attended the 4nations final at anfield in 2016 and England wasn’t even playing then we should be targeting to beat that imo. Plus I’d be extremely disappointed with anything under 30,000 at Elland rd.

Springs09

Juniors
The few hundred English fans that come over and sit together at England games in Australia seem to make more noise than the crowd at Hull. It was the same 3 years ago too.