What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

England v New Zealand ** news & injury thread **

Scubby

Juniors
lol we'll carry it on here if you want lol

theres a massive difference between world class & test standard

for example..ryan hall is world class...josh charnley is test standard..

of the 40 kiwi you think are world class...most of them,as individuals,are to inconsistent to make the jump from being very good to world class.....and yes darren lockyer & stacey jones is the kind of benchmark that defines world class....christ we'll struggle to find 40 genuine world class players from all the big 3..lol

I remember reading a Rugby League Week article in the early 2000s about the top 100 players in the World and literally it was about 85 Australians, 10 Kiwis, Sculthorpe, Cunnigham and Farrell. That list now would have the number I was mentioning.

We will leave it at test standard. The saddest thing was that we were all yearning for a repeat of the 2013 RLWC excitement and that ship quickly sailed. That final was the last RL game I attended. That is how badly it was all planned.

The pull-outs are now pissing people off even more because they know it was a missed opportunity. The NZRL are skint and about as much use as a fart in a space suit.

roughyedspud

Coach
im sad to report ive cancelled my weekend to london for the 2nd test....i cant justify spending £600+ watching england play a NZ B team..

i'll go to wigan or hull instead

hazzadis

Juniors
Who cares about the kiwi injuries, who ever gets picked will rise to the occasion. You English supporters need to worry about your own team we played shit for 79mins in 2013 and you still couldn't beat us.

Burns

First Grade
Not sure how you would spin it exactly, but would be good if the RFL could promote the series as 'England's true rugby team' or something. Try and take some leverage from their union teams dismal showing in the RUWC.

BODISGOD

Bench
Not sure how you would spin it exactly, but would be good if the RFL could promote the series as 'England's true rugby team' or something. Try and take some leverage from their union teams dismal showing in the RUWC.

Ah ffs do people really have to be this small time

Why not simply use the last semi final in London, you know that classic game between the two teams in the same sport?

Burns

First Grade
Ah ffs do people really have to be this small time

Why not simply use the last semi final in London, you know that classic game between the two teams in the same sport?

hqdefault.jpg

Matua

Bench
im sad to report ive cancelled my weekend to london for the 2nd test....i cant justify spending £600+ watching england play a NZ B team..

The pack wont be B team and Kearney is trying tell us our halves are going to be great so maybe you should spend the $600. ;-)

Cold Roses

Juniors

Fair enough. Any more withdrawals by key players and we'll be starting to look a bit average.

I thought the Squad was supposed to be announced the day after the Grand Final, but maybe Kearney is getting nervous about the halves situation with Foran offiicially out. Or maybe there have been more withdrawals to contemplate that we aren't aware of yet.

shiznit

Coach
Mannering out now... :lol:

You know the tour is f**ked when even Jim Doyle is pulling players... :lol:

shiznit

Coach
Meh.... To be fair to Kearney...

Everyone said that about the 2014 anzac test squad... They ended up going okay... And they ended up being the foundation of our top team.

The selection of guys like Tapau, Hiku & Harris were ridiculed by the media before hand and they haven't looked back since then...