What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

England v New Zealand ** news & injury thread **

deluded pom?

Coach
I already have my tickets for all three games and a hotel booked for the London match. Lesson learnt. I'll wait to see who can be bothered if there's a next time. I hope these bastards aren't sat at home watching the RUWC with envious eyes. I also don't want to see any stories about the NZRL being skint.

Last edited:
It's not the nzrls fault players, clubs and the NRL don't give a f**k about international football.

Get used to there being no fair dinkum internationals ever again. By forcing all internationals to the off season this will happen every year. Thanks Davey boy you f**kin union mole.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Getting farcical for what should have been a marquee series its now going to be more like nz maori touring. Honestly the players and clubs are a disgrace and holding the future of the game to ransom

Burns

First Grade
This should be the pinnacle of our game. There is a rivialy between NZ and ENG that has developed ever since the World Cup that has shown the best rugby league a fan could ask for.

Hopefully the series can still deliver. Has to be asked, did NZ want to give up their number one ranking so easily?

Scubby

Juniors
An absolute load of rubbish spouted on here. Injuries happen FFS.

The Kiwis now have 40 world class players, England's selectors have potentially 5 hookers and 6 wingers to select from. If this was another sport no-one would care less. RL has to take the moral high ground and pull itself to pieces because there are some players missing. The problems lie with the fact that we treat internationals in a certain way to allow this to happen. Not with the players who will play in the tests - they will still be top class.

I assume a few of you have been watching other "top class" sport over the last couple of weeks. Wales have no backline - I am sure 75,000 ticket holders are asking for a refund for their next game.

roughyedspud

Coach
It's not the nzrls fault players, clubs and the NRL don't give a f**k about international football.

Get used to there being no fair dinkum internationals ever again. By forcing all internationals to the off season this will happen every year. Thanks Davey boy you f**kin union mole.

He has'nt forced ALL internationals to the off season...infact theres gonna be more mid season tests...all the pacific nations will play each other and NZ will likely play england the same weekend...

But of course davey boy is a brit isn't he lol

Bullshit.

Nz won't play England. No chance. And Davey is a union twat who will be called a Brit when it suits and lumped in with "the Aussies" when it doesn't. The merkin doesn't even know the name of of the international federation he is supposed to be a member of.

Scubby

Juniors
People who think that the average RL fan in the UK has the slightest clue who most of the Kiwis squad is are kidding themselves.

I think they have already sold 25k+ for the Olympic stadium and a big chunk of those will be from the South East of England. There were thousands of Wales fans in Twickenham last night who didn't even know the names of the team they were supporting - NZ fans the same. The majority of PNG fans will think their side has just played the Kangaroos. NRL is on an obscure and tiny UK sports pay channel which gets around 30k watching per game.

We just need to get out of this mentality and enjoy the competition. If the NRL had got their way there would be nothing on at all this year. We have to put our International calendar on the map, stick to it and publicise it. I'm still waiting for any word about the 2017 RLWC.

Scubby

Juniors
What do you wanna know about the 2017 world cup??

Which host cities have put in bids? When the pools will be announced? Are PNG officially going to be given games? Where the WC final will be etc. How much of the tournament will be in NZ? When is it actually going to take place?

We are probably the small minority who will go to anything. The wider public needs to know things miles in advance. If Perth is going to be a host city then people in Perth need to know from this point onwards.

Interesting the fall out from last nights Eng-Wal fixture was "we've known about this clash for 3 years ever since the draw".

If we got 400-500k to the WC in 2013, then our aim has to be 700k+ for this tournament. That takes time to build and needs to encourage 100s of thousands of fans to want to go to an "event".

Last edited:

roughyedspud

Coach
there'll be a RLIF meeting while the 2016 4 nations is on..we might get the basics then if we're lucky...

we're RL fans though...we moan for the sake of moaning

Scubby

Juniors
there'll be a RLIF meeting while the 2016 4 nations is on..we might get the basics then if we're lucky...

we're RL fans though...we moan for the sake of moaning

Exactly, we are the only two people still awake on this thread and we are going at it across two message boards. That is because we care about International RL so much. Sadly we are in the minority here and we have no-one in the RL hierarchy or media pushing hard to get those details. End result, Internationals are an afterthought.

...and yes, the Kiwis have 40 world class players now :D Or "test standard" players if that is easier to swallow.

deluded pom?

Coach
An absolute load of rubbish spouted on here. Injuries happen FFS.

The Kiwis now have 40 world class players, England's selectors have potentially 5 hookers and 6 wingers to select from. If this was another sport no-one would care less. RL has to take the moral high ground and pull itself to pieces because there are some players missing. The problems lie with the fact that we treat internationals in a certain way to allow this to happen. Not with the players who will play in the tests - they will still be top class.

I assume a few of you have been watching other "top class" sport over the last couple of weeks. Wales have no backline - I am sure 75,000 ticket holders are asking for a refund for their next game.

Injuries happen, I appreciate that. Foran has been injured all season. Why wasn't he operated on earlier? Because his club/s didn't want him to. As for union, I couldn't give a flying one what happens there.

Scubby

Juniors
Injuries happen, I appreciate that. Foran has been injured all season. Why wasn't he operated on earlier? Because his club/s didn't want him to. As for union, I couldn't give a flying one what happens there.

Yes, but the fact that NZRL can't afford to pay its players top whack means that Parra will protect their investment. It stinks but it is tail wagging the dog.

I hate it. It is the time of the year I look forward to every season. I've just about got over Shaun Johnson and Big Manu missing.

For most though, they won't care which player puts on the Kiwi shirt. We should celebrate the series. If we whack the Kiwis 3-0 we won't even celebrate that. We will just moan and moan and moan about the quality of the No.1 ranked side in the world.

roughyedspud

Coach
Exactly, we are the only two people still awake on this thread and we are going at it across two message boards. That is because we care about International RL so much. Sadly we are in the minority here and we have no-one in the RL hierarchy or media pushing hard to get those details. End result, Internationals are an afterthought.

...and yes, the Kiwis have 40 world class players now :D Or "test standard" players if that is easier to swallow.

lol we'll carry it on here if you want lol

theres a massive difference between world class & test standard

for example..ryan hall is world class...josh charnley is test standard..

of the 40 kiwi you think are world class...most of them,as individuals,are to inconsistent to make the jump from being very good to world class.....and yes darren lockyer & stacey jones is the kind of benchmark that defines world class....christ we'll struggle to find 40 genuine world class players from all the big 3..lol

Latest posts