What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

England v New Zealand ** news & injury thread **

roughyedspud

Coach
theres a train of thought doing the rounds up here that sam tomkins might play 7 so we can fit zac hardaker in at 1..

personally im not keen on it..id rather have a seasoned 7 in there

shiznit

Coach
theres a train of thought doing the rounds up here that sam tomkins might play 7 so we can fit zac hardaker in at 1..

personally im not keen on it..id rather have a seasoned 7 in there
:lol:

The fact that Sam Tomkins is getting a run for you says everything about English RL...

The guy is hopeless... Definitely not rep standard.

roughyedspud

Coach
Did u miss the bit where i said i wasn't keen lol

But to be fair to sam....the warriors have ruined him,completely the wrong club for him

Anyway..get off your high horse...you're 2 points better than us with a full strength team....nowt to crow about.. plus "England RL" is in its best shape for 20 odd years!

Last edited:

hutch

First Grade
Sam tomkins was sensational in his first year with the Warriors and was injured for most of this year. To say he is hopeless is pure rubbish.

Sinman

Juniors
Sam Tompkins wasn't up to week in week out rugged contests in the NRL, but he does seem to be able to rise for one or two games for England.. lets hope we see the best of him for England but I do fear he will get rag dolled!

hutch

First Grade
Sam Tompkins wasn't up to week in week out rugged contests in the NRL, but he does seem to be able to rise for one or two games for England.. lets hope we see the best of him for England but I do fear he will get rag dolled!

So any player who is injured is not up to the ruggedness of the NRL? Someone go and tell jwh!

shiznit

Coach
Did u miss the bit where i said i wasn't keen lol

But to be fair to sam....the warriors have ruined him,completely the wrong club for him

Anyway..get off your high horse...you're 2 points better than us with a full strength team....nowt to crow about.. plus "England RL" is in its best shape for 20 odd years!
The Warriors ruined him?? They were the wrong club for him?? :lol:

That's the difference between average players and the great players... The great players perform at any club in any system...

Tomkins was average I'm afraid.... If he was Kiwi he would be sitting behind RTS & Peter Hiku in the fullback pecking order.

And as a half?? Well let's just say there's a reason why the Warriors preferred a rookie in Lolohea at halfback when Johnson went down... Tomkins just isn't up to it.

shiznit

Coach
Sam tomkins was sensational in his first year with the Warriors and was injured for most of this year. To say he is hopeless is pure rubbish.
:lol:

Tomkins was shit in his first year... Howler after howler ended up costing the warriors dearly...

He had some nice touches from time to time but his mistakes were things that would make most rookies cringe....

This season was even worse... Well I do agree you can't blame him for being injured... when he did come back and play... He was often outplayed by his opposite... Case in point vs the Roosters... RTS jumping straight over him to score...

The Warriors are rapt at that massive upgrade that's for sure...

Matua

Bench
No he wasn't, he was decidedly average, and then this year he was injured a lot as you say, but when not injured he was average. About the only decent thing about him was his passing when outside the halves.

He may obviously be better than he was for the Warriors and we might see some of that in a test series, but despite some Warriors ultra fluffers talking him up he was an abject failure down here.

Matua

Bench
I don't really care what happens... I just hope whoever they pick represent's the Kiwi jersey with pride... If they aren't good enough to win then so be it...

The number 1 ranking means nothing... All we care about is beating Australia... They are our rivals to be the best in the world...

England can whoop us 3-0... But no one will consider them the best because they haven't won a World Cup/4 Nations in over 30 years.

Sadly it looks like the Kiwis are using this English tour to build for the bigger ANZAC Test next year...
This is as much bullshit as Hutch talking up Tomkins form at the Warriors.

If we lose this series I'll be pissed and the coaching staff should have a thorough review. The Kiwis aren't a development team.

shiznit

Coach
This is as much bullshit as Hutch talking up Tomkins form at the Warriors.

If we lose this series I'll be pissed and the coaching staff should have a thorough review. The Kiwis aren't a development team.
They are a development team when you start resting your front liners...

Matua

Bench
They are a development team when you start resting your front liners...
I think you're obscuring my point just a little. :roll:

TBF, the team that has been named is pretty decent outside the halves, strong pack, close to our best back three and our best centres.

hutch

First Grade
Two players who played for Tonga and one from Samoa in this years mid season test. There are no consequences in our sport, you can pretty much just do what you want.