What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

England v New Zealand ** news & injury thread **

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
1. RTS
2. Nightingale
3. Whare
4. Hiku
5. SKD
6. Lolohea
7. Nikorima
8. Matulino
9. Luke
10. Bromwich
11. Taukeiaho
12. Proctor
13. Taumalolo

14. Brown
15. Moa
16. Taupau
17. Harris

18. Blair
19. Kahu
20. Glenn
21. Rona
22. Liu
23. Beale

Went with Brown mainly because I can't recall Kearney playing Luke for 80 minutes often if at all. I think we'll have someone providing interchange cover at hooker.

The other option he may go with is Hiku to partner Lolohea in the halves with Nikorima playing his bench utility role. That will push SKD inwards with Rona/Beale/Kahu fighting it out for the vacant wing spot.

shiznit

Coach
1. RTS
2. Nightingale
3. Whare
4. Hiku
5. SKD
6. Lolohea
7. Nikorima
8. Matulino
9. Luke
10. Bromwich
11. Taukeiaho
12. Proctor
13. Taumalolo

14. Brown
15. Moa
16. Taupau
17. Harris

18. Blair
19. Kahu
20. Glenn
21. Rona
22. Liu
23. Beale

Went with Brown mainly because I can't recall Kearney playing Luke for 80 minutes often if at all. I think we'll have someone providing interchange cover at hooker.

The other option he may go with is Hiku to partner Lolohea in the halves with Nikorima playing his bench utility role. That will push SKD inwards with Rona/Beale/Kahu fighting it out for the vacant wing spot.
Blair would have to be there somewhere....

There's some good young forwards who are going to miss out... Personally I can't see them picking both Taukeaho and Taupau in the same side... I think they will both be competing for a bench forward spot...

deluded pom?

Coach
Two players who played for Tonga and one from Samoa in this years mid season test. There are no consequences in our sport, you can pretty much just do what you want.

Would this be classed as their once in a WC cycle switch. I'm not even sure what the rules are anymore.

roughyedspud

Coach
Blair would have to be there somewhere....

There's some good young forwards who are going to miss out... Personally I can't see them picking both Taukeaho and Taupau in the same side... I think they will both be competing for a bench forward spot...

you still think it's a development team lol

no halves though...so no chance

Bovrick

Juniors
I'll freely admit I haven't seen anything really of Nikorima in the halves, can he distribute or kick? From what I've seen of Tuivasa-Sheck and Lolohea, the pair have been average at best in both of those departments. Looks like a lot of pressure on Isaac Luke. It will be interesting if the Kiwis can get any ball to their threequarters, not that there's that much to write home about there, though Whare has always stood up at international level.

That pack though, wow. Many aren't even near their peak potential and it looks phenomenal. England will have a lot to do to control the ruck and inevitable offloads.

shiznit

Coach
you still think it's a development team lol

no halves though...so no chance

You still haven't figured it out yet fluffydud...

This is a kiwis team... Unless we lose...

Then it's a development team... :lol:

Last edited:

ozbash

Referee
Tuivasa-Sheck has had a great NRL season setting records for metres run.
Tui Lolohea is a fantastic young talent but he has been swapped around at fullback, centre and halfback this season. It must bugger up a young fellas confidence being chopped and changed all the time.
He was 6 for the Warriors U20 side and was impressive.

Its going to be an interesting tour, huge mistake, imo, leaving Benji out of the squad.

shiznit

Coach
As for no halves... if your using Flopkins at halfback you guys are worse off than we are...

Bovrick

Juniors
As for no halves... if your using Flopkins at halfback you guys are worse off than we are...

Do people genuinely believe this? Tomkins has performed well in the halves at international level. His only problem has been people putting false projections on him that he's some devastating runner and a try machine. Look at him, he's tiny. He's not one of those flash in the pan pure runners who hit a leg injury and fade into nothingness, like we see over and over at fullback in the NRL.

His ridiculous try stats were for one main reason (plus his speed before successive injuries) - his assist stat. He was at a professional club where people would be where he wanted them to be, and the indecision he created in defences did his work for him. None of this existed at the Warriors, especially when they just gave up in the second season.

No Shaun Johnson, Kieran Foran, Thomas Leuluai, or Benji Marshall.

It is hard to see the Kiwi halves excelling given their inexperience at Test level. However the Kiwi pack is so powerful, that an England pack without Sam Burgess and George Burgess is not likely to contain the Kiwi forwards. In that context the novice Kiwi halves may do well.

shiznit

Coach
Do people genuinely believe this? Tomkins has performed well in the halves at international level. His only problem has been people putting false projections on him that he's some devastating runner and a try machine. Look at him, he's tiny. He's not one of those flash in the pan pure runners who hit a leg injury and fade into nothingness, like we see over and over at fullback in the NRL.

His ridiculous try stats were for one main reason (plus his speed before successive injuries) - his assist stat. He was at a professional club where people would be where he wanted them to be, and the indecision he created in defences did his work for him. None of this existed at the Warriors, especially when they just gave up in the second season.
:lol:

The guy played the majority of his time with multiple time International winger of the year Manu Vatuvei outside him and golden boot winner Shaun Johnson on his inside.

There's nothing in the StupidLeague that gets better than that.

Tomkins was just a flat track bully who took advantage of the weak level of football England. When he came up against the best he went missing...

Lolohea > Tomkins in the halves easily...

Lolohea has a U20's premiership... That's probably the equivalent of an ESL title...

Vic Mackey

Referee
I said it in another thread, thought Simona would have made it, especially over guys like Kahu and Beale. Played as well as can be expected for Samoa at 7 earlier this year.

Bovrick

Juniors

The guy played the majority of his time with multiple time International winger of the year Manu Vatuvei outside him and golden boot winner Shaun Johnson on his inside.

Tomkins was just a flat track bully who took advantage of the weak level of football England. When he came up against the best he went missing...

Lolohea has a U20's premiership... That's probably the equivalent of an ESL title...

That's a really long way of saying no, you don't believe it.

Lolohea is a great prospect, with a very good head on him and a strong running game, but as yet he has inconsistent passing, poor kicking, and little game sense. He isnt a half, not yet. Hopefully he proves me wrong in the internationals, otherwise NZ will be relying purely on their pack, and RTS running himself into the ground.

roughyedspud

Coach

We aren't using tomkins the the halves...it was just a idea floated around the interweb & by tomkins himself....macbanana though will go with widdop & smith....

roughyedspud

Coach

Dude give up...even your fellow kiwis think you are talking like a tithead

Last Week

Bench
Kiwi's might want to take a leave out of the Bulldogs play book, where their forwards are basically the halves and the halves are just runners.

Don't think they will, but maybe for periods throughout the game.

roughyedspud

Coach
pppssstt the bulldogs "2nd" stand off...james graham...is englands prop....we'll do it better than the kiwis will lol

infact its not even the bulldogs play book...it's ENGLAND PLAYBOOK...jammer has been doing it for england long before he taught canterbury how to do it

Last edited:

Latest posts