What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ennis is a pretender

ShanghaiCharlie

Juniors
Over 60 comments and not one Dogs supporter stepping up to the plate to list any of Ennis' strength or any reasons why Ennis is even an average first grader let alone in Farah's class. I rest my case. He is a talent-less hack and a myth.

ShanghaiCharlie

Juniors
Over 60 comments and not one Dogs supporter stepping up to the plate to list any of Ennis' strength or any reasons why Ennis is even an average first grader let alone in Farah's class. I rest my case. He is a talent-less hack and a myth.

This is kind of getting boring... Everyone that knows their league knows that Farah is a lot better than Ennis....But i guess Ennis has an easier style of play that others can adapt to at a shorter preparation time...

I will put a car analogy spin on it for you slower dog fans...

If you push a Ferrari (Farah) hard around a race track without much experience (preparation), chances are you will crash and burn... If you do the same in a little Charade (Ennis) you will make it to the end, just not that quickly.... SO.....If you stick with the Ferrari for a few races you will eventually win....

Ok.....where's the bourbon gone???

LOL....

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol:

Tigers fans claiming Farah is better... I'm so stunned :lol:

People aren't submitting arguments because it's not worth arguing about.

:lol:

Tigers fans claiming Farah is better... I'm so stunned :lol:

People aren't submitting arguments because it's not worth arguing about.

1) Just because there is no proper argument, doesn't mean you shouldn't try.
2) How do you know it's not worth it if you don't try.

ShanghaiCharlie

Juniors
The Ennis is suitable for SOO argument has surely been exposed.
It and he is a myth.

Comparing the class of Ennis v Farah is just like comparing Beau Scott v Josh Morris. One is a very limited first grader and the other born with footballing talent.

Timmah

Staff member
I've got no problems dropping Ennis for Game III, but I don't think it has much to do with solving NSW's problems.

Your comparison is hilarious though. All four are very good footballers whether you like it or not.

MatthewA

Juniors
I don't think Ennis is better than Farah. But they both play extremely different types of styles.

Ennis's strengths would be his leadership, his strong defence and grit, his exemplary service from dummy half and his strong kicking game. His weakness would be his lack of spark and creativity out of dummy half.

Farah's strengths for mine are his explosive running game and creativity from dummy half. His weakness would be that I see him taking too much of a play making role at the Tigers. He needs to step back a level and let the halves run the show. That's the reason Ennis should be selected over Farah in Origin.

Ennis will give NSW 100% what they need but I would think that if Farah was selected his style just doesn't suit the Origin feel. The whole team would have to adapt to his style and that would take far too long for what is an Origin camp.

Farah has also been trialled in Origin and failed whilst Ennis has done nothing to deserve to be dropped.

If you asked me who was better, there wouldn't be an answer because they both play different styles. Who would I rather? Ennis. Who would Tigers fans rather? Farah.

MacDougall

First Grade
I will admit Ennis takes the right option more often than Farah. Though that's because the Tigers attack at 100 miles an hour leaving little time to contemplate.

Ennis makes fewer tackles than Farah, misses more but does have a bigger hit. Despite their defensive workloads being so different, Farah still tends to make more metres and kick just as much. Farah also generally has more try assists, line break assists etc. You might argue that he has better backs to pass to but it's much for much really in that regard.

I get that Ennis suits fitting into a random gameplan better than Farah. But all the talk is sticking with a team and if they are willing to do that, then they would be remiss to not include Farah in this team they are apparently going to groom together.

1. Dugan/Hayne
6. Soward
7. Pearce
9. Farah

Give THEM a few years and there is no reason why they couldn't grow into an equally effective spine as QLD's. Ennis being there rather than Farah makes it just feel a little less "special".

MatthewA

Juniors
A little less special to who? You a Tigers fan.

Bottom line is that Ennis would go just as well building combinations in that side as Farah would. And if you want a true Origin, Benny Elias type of player to build the future of NSW around it's Ennis. He is far more suited to Origin than Farah.

Joe's Magpies

Juniors
I don't think Ennis is better than Farah. But they both play extremely different types of styles.

Ennis's strengths would be his leadership, his strong defence and grit, his exemplary service from dummy half and his strong kicking game. His weakness would be his lack of spark and creativity out of dummy half.

Farah's strengths for mine are his explosive running game and creativity from dummy half. His weakness would be that I see him taking too much of a play making role at the Tigers. He needs to step back a level and let the halves run the show. That's the reason Ennis should be selected over Farah in Origin.

Ennis will give NSW 100% what they need but I would think that if Farah was selected his style just doesn't suit the Origin feel. The whole team would have to adapt to his style and that would take far too long for what is an Origin camp.

Farah has also been trialled in Origin and failed whilst Ennis has done nothing to deserve to be dropped.

If you asked me who was better, there wouldn't be an answer because they both play different styles. Who would I rather? Ennis. Who would Tigers fans rather? Farah.

That's why the spastic has to be dropped.

Timmah

Staff member
Spastic :lol:

He has more footballing ability in his Munster haircut than you do in your entire body. Get a grip :lol:

ShanghaiCharlie

Juniors
This gimp is just an embarrassment to watch. He has got to be really struggling to hold his first grade spot. Offers absolutely nothing in attack to threaten and constantly third man in the tackle never ever making the initial hit.

Bulldog Force

Referee
This gimp is just an embarrassment to watch. He has got to be really struggling to hold his first grade spot. Offers absolutely nothing in attack to threaten and constantly third man in the tackle never ever making the initial hit.
The team has nothing to play for. Can you blame them if they don't really care about the results for the rest of the season??

gUt

Coach
When he was at Brisbane I really liked him and was fuming that we let him go. He was a really good point of attack for us most of the time and gave us some mongrel too. Since moving to the Dogs though he's faded quite a bit.