What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Entire Wests Tigers Board Sacked

10$ Ferret

Staff member
Can't say I am surprised,
They way he and his sister ran Manly was farcical and I can't believe clubs don't check things like that before recruiting staff.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
Ummm news flash ya gronk. Archie is short for Archibald, and I have never heard anyone us the name Lilibet. Lilibet was a nickname of QEII because she couldn't pronounce Elizabeth correctly.

Lilibet isn't a common shortening for Elizabeth, Liz, Lizzie Beth, Eliza yeah 100%.

Must be a souff sinney fing.
to be fair though both situations are basket cases The only difference is that there are some that like the West Tigers and want them to eventually come good. :)

nick87

Coach
Tigers might really actually have something going here
I reckon if i was a tigers fan, this would be the most hopeful i've been in years. At least they're doing something different and Richardson for all his issues i think does seem to have a plan and a vision.

It's the tigers so im sure it will all be a shit show in the end, but for now i'd be thrilled as a tigers fan

Wb1234

Immortal
I reckon if i was a tigers fan, this would be the most hopeful i've been in years. At least they're doing something different and Richardson for all his issues i think does seem to have a plan and a vision.

It's the tigers so im sure it will all be a shit show in the end, but for now i'd be thrilled as a tigers fan
Depends if they sack Benji or stick with him if the team is losing

Nutz

Bench
Depends if they sack Benji or stick with him if the team is losing
They were talking about this in one of the league pods [unsure] and one of them said that next year should be an experimental year for the club, by that he means giving the thousand halves that we now have a run as well as the two new wingers Lobb and Alaimalo and prepare for Luai. Doing this will take the pressure off Benji.
I don't know if this has merit or whether or not I agree with it.

Bukowski

Bench
They were talking about this in one of the league pods [unsure] and one of them said that next year should be an experimental year for the club, by that he means giving the thousand halves that we now have a run as well as the two new wingers Lobb and Alaimalo and prepare for Luai. Doing this will take the pressure off Benji.
I don't know if this has merit or whether or not I agree with it.
Richardson won't sack Benji this year. If anything he'll bring in a few guys around him and move on the likes of heighington

Vic Mackey

Referee

2024 is just a pre season to 2025. If we get out of the bottom 4 benji gets a pass mark from me.

Munky

Coach
for years the clubs strategy has been to wheel out the 2005 players when the fans are disgruntled. Sadly too many eat it up with a spoon every time.

There are Tigers fans at the pub this arvo who weren't alive for the 05 GF.

Surely the ploy can't work anymore.

nick87

Coach
2024 is just a pre season to 2025. If we get out of the bottom 4 benji gets a pass mark from me.
TBH i think the best case scenario might be that Benji is an absolute f**king shit show and you can justify moving on and getting someone who... like i dont know... didnt happen to be in the 05 tigers team (the hide of me to say that as a raiders fan when a '94 hero has my team in a f**king death grip) who can coach the football team

IDK. I think this is all good news for the tigers long term, if they've got the stones to see it through for 2-3 years

T.S Quint

Coach
I met a bloke a few months who is 18 and said he was 3 months old when they won the comp in 05. Shows how long the club has dined out on this.

I was 6 years old the last time my team won a grand final. Since then I’ve gone through primary school, high school, university, had numerous jobs, partnered up, bought a house and had two kids.

The Eels still roll out the 80s heroes whenever they can to keep us idiots excited with nostalgia. The Tigers obviously learned it from us…but we’ve been doing it way longer.