What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Entire Wests Tigers Board Sacked

MugaB

Coach
Wests rebranding to the Magpies wouldn't be a given assuming they still have access to the Tigers brand.

Balmain actually being dumb enough to drop out of the merger isn't a given either.
Yes none of this is certain, all of this might end up a nothing burger, and easts tigers get nothing out of it, but the planets are seeming to align too nicely..
The wests side have always wamted to rebrand back to the magpies, just never had the balls to piss of the balmain side of the merger... this would solve that issue

MugaB

Coach
Hey, dreams are free.

Plus it sets up the Bulldogs (who actually seem to be on a good track and are not a total shambles hobbled by boardroom factions) as a mega club for the South-west of Sydney.
That was happening under gould regardless, he has always had his eye on the Macarthur region, knowing the tigers do SFA there, hence why they were all so happy to build a Liverpool stadium on bulldogs land, and somewhat share it together

flippikat

Bench
That was happening under gould regardless, he has always had his eye on the Macarthur region, knowing the tigers do SFA there, hence why they were all so happy to build a Liverpool stadium on bulldogs land, and somewhat share it together
Yeah, that's always baffled me - an immense junior area, yet Wests Tigers neglect it.

It's like going on holiday, but leaving the doors & windows to your house open.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Yes none of this is certain, all of this might end up a nothing burger, and easts tigers get nothing out of it, but the planets are seeming to align too nicely..
The wests side have always wamted to rebrand back to the magpies, just never had the balls to piss of the balmain side of the merger... this would solve that issue
It'll almost certainly end up as a nothing burger.

HBG are the majority owners of the club, of which Wests own 30%, and who knows what HBG's opinion on the brand would be. There'd undoubtably be a push, both internally and externally, to rebrand to the Magpies, but all the major shareholders of HBG would have to agree to any changes. I imagine that Wests would have to convince a lot of people before any rebrand could actually happen, and that's assuming that Wests Ashfield would support a rebrand themselves, which isn't a given either.

You need to go touch grass if you really believe the Easts/Richo had any influence over this. Balmain and Wests have repeatedly proven that they don't require outside influences to fight over nothing and do stupid things like this.

The Great Dane

First Grade
I’m not sure you understand what the western bears is going to be
I understand completely what the Western Bears will be.

Drink the kool-aid if you like, but it'll end up as a shit show just like all these supposedly "ironclad" relationships do. It's only a matter of time before things start going wrong, and the agitating will start as soon as they do.

It's an insult to anybody with braincells that it's being taken seriously at all, and the fact that you dare call yourself a sandgroper and support it puts paid to the notion that you're a sandgroper at all.

Wb1234

Referee

Drink the kool-aid if you like, but it'll end up as a shit show just like all these supposedly "ironclad" relationships do. It's only a matter of time before things start going wrong, and the agitating will start as soon as they do.

It's an insult to anybody with braincells that it's being taken seriously at all, and the fact that you dare call yourself a sandgroper and support it puts paid to the notion that you're a sandgroper at all.
Bears got no board seats or ownership share lol

MugaB

Coach

Go the Phins!!!!

jim_57

Staff member
Balmain stand alone in the NRL ain’t happening. Would Wests go back to Magpies? I doubt they have to, if they have the choice I tend to doubt they would, it’s been 25 years now.

Latest posts