What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eric Grothe Is No Good!!!!!

Hellsy

Immortal
No it is a personal vendetta by certain forumites (not you Macca), if you read back through there is nothing by personal vendettas by certain people

Macca_

Coach
Hellsy said:
But why is it that people have to keep it going?
Probably doesn't need to be kept going, but I hadn't posted in it. Seen it a number of times (not read it) but after bagging him a couple of times (whilst watching the game on tv) for once again the things I find frustrating with him on Friday night promted me seing I'm floating about with nothing to do :D

If a thread is made about someone else that frustrates me, I'll be sure to join in :D

Hellsy

Immortal
strider said:
i can understand ppl's frustration with eric - he makes mistakes ..... but FMD I am sick of JTB dragging this lame f'n thread up every week for ANY error eric makes as some lame f**king attempt to justify to himself that his vendetta against eric is justified

tahu dropped the ball with the line virtually open on friday - where's his thread? eric got about 4 when the ball was knocked out of his hands against the storm

Exactly.
Im not saying that Eric is the best player in the world by any means, in fact he is constantly heart attack material.

But...............

Kris dropped ball over line and Warriors scored.
Tahu dropped ball oer line missing a try
Tim/Finch/Pig - lost the plot with 5th tackle options on several occaisions
Hayne ran sideways more than forward

Yet, Eric made several try saving tackles but dropped a few balls and we need to send out a witch-hunt every fkn week.

Parra Guru

Coach
:lol: just for the record Macca_ I thought your original post was in reference to various parts of the season, not Friday night which is what the current arguement is about.

Macca_

Coach
Parra Guru said:
:lol: just for the record Macca_ I thought your original post was in reference to various parts of the season
Yeah it was. As Hells said, heart attack material.

Just frustrates me and as I said, worries me in defence. Nothing personal, just my opinion. I don't have the same thoughts when a bomb goes up and it's Hayne or Inu under it, I'm thinking 'they'll take this'. For Ecca, I'm thinking 'Please catch this'.

Hellsy

Immortal
Then again though.... Jarryd and Kris have also had some shockers in the last few weeks... Im not gunna start a hate thread against them or anything though like some do for others, as just like Eric they are important parts of the team as a whole

Macca_

Coach
I know this.

However Eric tends to scare you more often and this is probably why people have a set against him.

Woohoo, I caught up.

Utey

Coach
Parra Guru said:
I actually thought they tightened the screws and the only time they looked in trouble was when Benny initially got hurt

Against a better side, we would've been found out.

Parra Guru

Coach
Utey said:

hahaha it's finals footy ffs, and we played a great attacking side in front of an intimidating home crowd. When does the stage get any bigger?

And we were found out.... on the other wing.

We won a tight game and I actually thought it was refreshing that we were on the better end of it. Maybe we needed that sort of game to bring those kids back down to earth and show them what it takes to win finals.

Bottom line is that Grothe actually had a strong defensive game, and his little group of haters can't admit it.

Hellsy

Immortal
I htought the Warriors were pretty bloody good actually, so far it is the lowest scoring game of the finals series, nearest was Cowboys/Dogs and even they had more points on both sides (20-18=38, as opposed to 12-10=22, and 30-6=36 and currently after 16mins Melbourne are up 8-0 so that score is only going to grow...:LOL:)

Utey

Coach
Parra Guru said:
Bottom line is that Grothe actually had a strong defensive game, and his little group of haters can't admit it.

I didn't say he didn't :?

I think you're not reading what I'm saying, rather thinking I am dissing Grothe.

strider

Post Whore
i yell abuse at all our players during the game :fist: - and eric gets plenty :lol: ..... but when you settle down afterwards you can ponder the good stuff they do to balance out the bad

Parra Guru

Coach
Utey said:
I didn't say he didn't :?
Utey said:

I think you're not reading what I'm saying, rather thinking I am dissing Grothe.

When people are talking about that side actually getting their game right and you come back with:

Still issues on that right side.

Then yes I do think you took an opportunity to diss Grothe, although you have not named him. Yet no one mentions the actual tries scored through lapses on the other wing.

Utey

Coach
He isn't the reason, but if it's not worrying you and once again rewarding mediocrity, then please. We have plenty to improve on, all I'm doing is stating my opinion :)

Hellsy

Immortal
PG - Face it.... Grothe needs to be dropped. He is crap and should never have been re-signed

Utey

Coach
I'd be dropping Ben Smith beforehand, but now that his injured, it makes it a little easier.

Latest posts